For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah

In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah : I am saying the Lakers will not let Bynum in a game until the knee is 100%. He is running, cutting, jumping, and doing one on one basketball drills right now. The knee has been through and MRI, and everything is perfect, now they are strengthening the knee until there are no ill effects. Of course, the basketball skills will need to be dusted off. The speed of the game, timing, conditioning, ect.  This is nothing even in the spectrum to what Perkins is going to go through with rehab and recovery. Getting back up to 100% after a cartilage surgery Like Bynum's is typically a pretty quick recovery.  Right here on this board people routinely comment on how it took until the following year for Garnett to look fully himself after the same type of surgery as Perkins had. You are comparing apples to oranges.  Going back till your original point, Bynum should be rolling at 100% shortly after he hits the floor for a real game if he has a typical response to this type of surgery. So far, everything has been very typical. Perkins will not be 100% until sometime in the middle of next year if he has a typical recovery experience form his type of surgery. 
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Shaq is going to crumple Bynum's knee like a discarded beer can.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

A Joe Thiesmann moment?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]Shaq is going to crumple Bynum's knee like a discarded beer can.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

We will have to see about that. Old Shaq isn't what he used to be. You will have plenty to deal with on your hands with Shaq's 38 year old body. He hasn't exactly been a picture of durability as of late either. 

Of course, I hope the Celtics have all hands on deck, healthy and ready to go. I would rather beat you like that. I also hope Bynum comes into his own, and has his health going forward, so that the Lakers are at their best. I think some of you suffer a losers mentality, hoping and wishing for injuries. Some of you frolic gleefully in Lakers injuries, or the potential for injuries. This is such a losers mentality. I hope you get rewarded for your efforts with a healthy Bynum kicking your butts when the time comes, you certainly will deserve it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah : So what's your problem? The Lakers didn't put the schedule together. They're playing the hand they were dealt. And the reason they're not bringing in another center is because it's another cost they don't thing they need with the roster they have. Get over it.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with the schedule. Read my post again. I only said the Lakers will not address the need for a backup Center because they have an easy schedule ahead of them.

Am I complaining about the Lakers having an easy schedule?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

That actually is a pretty easy schedule.  I'm just not willing yet to admit that the West is tougher; even some of those easy eastern teams don't allow 100 per game.  Or even 90, for that matter.

LA is, on average, giving up 101 points per game while averaging 114 on offense.  That's partly because the West doesn't play nearly the same level of defense that the East does.  The moment LA comes east, their offensive numbers will decline, and their defense needs to play harder.

But the more I look at it, it is reasonabe to think the Lakers could be somewhere around 5 or 6 losses by Christmas.  Then again, San Antonio is sitting on even better numbers right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah : This does not change the fact that it was a simple cartilage repair, which has a completely different set of ramifications for the recovery, one surgery, or three in three years. If Bynum's knee was having multiple ligaments reconstructed like Perkins, you would have a point, but you will probably persist with this line of nonsense anyway. This isn't rocket science.

So much for simple cartilage repair and rocket science, huh?

He said the nature of Bynum's surgery has been partly to blame for the delay.

"The type of operation that he had was a very unique operation," Jackson said. "It's not something that's done often. This type of a surgery is not just a simple operation so that changed the complexity of all of it. Whether this is successful or not, we'll know. We still haven't seen if it's going to be a total success or not. He's still struggling to get back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah : So much for simple cartilage repair and rocket science, huh? http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5861351 He said the nature of Bynum's surgery has been partly to blame for the delay. "The type of operation that he had was a very unique operation," Jackson said. "It's not something that's done often. This type of a surgery is not just a simple operation so that changed the complexity of all of it. Whether this is successful or not, we'll know. We still haven't seen if it's going to be a total success or not. He's still struggling to get back.
    Posted by LightSaber[/QUOTE]

Nice find.  Oooo thats gotta hurt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

qdaddy,

Let me educate you. Lakers Bench vs. Celts..

1. Barns vs. marquis...LOL....both players who have not REACHED THERE POTENTIAL...and you say one is better than the other...LOL..Marquis played just as good d. on lebron..
    2. Shannon brown???. is he an all star..Nate has won stuff and has scored a 40 point game..Stop with this shannon stuff..LOL...
    3. Blake vs. west...Blake doesnt have wests scoring. but passes better annd deltote plays better D..
    4. GLEN DAVIS IS BETTER THAN ANYLAKER BENCH PLAYER..
    5. and PERK has been out since the FINALS..WE GET HIM BACK..So perk,shaq,JO. as our center combo..better than bynum,ratliff lol..
    6. Kobe bryant isnt 20 years old son..THE LAKERS and celtics have the same combined age. as a team. The lakers all are not 20..there in there upper 20 and 30's. PLAYERS GET INJURED MORE AT THOSE AGES...so take the bias down a notch son.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

give into it,

A healthy bynum??....HUH....The celtics had perk who coudnt score and rondo who couldnt score in the finals..That made bynum look good. Put shaq who can score..Bynum will have to cover him..And nate will get min against blake and fisher so the laker d will be tested more. A healthy bynum????. really...lol...The celtics were in every game with a healthY PERK.. and with the balance of d and scoring...
    The lakers will be counted out. while boston raises banner 18. and you faker fans will be crying as usuall

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

lastly on bynum has he ever been healthy???. hes the dark arvydas sabonis..an all star for 15 min a game. lol....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah : We will have to see about that. Old Shaq isn't what he used to be. You will have plenty to deal with on your hands with Shaq's 38 year old body. He hasn't exactly been a picture of durability as of late either.  Of course, I hope the Celtics have all hands on deck, healthy and ready to go. I would rather beat you like that. I also hope Bynum comes into his own, and has his health going forward, so that the Lakers are at their best. I think some of you suffer a losers mentality, hoping and wishing for injuries. Some of you frolic gleefully in Lakers injuries, or the potential for injuries. This is such a losers mentality. I hope you get rewarded for your efforts with a healthy Bynum kicking your butts when the time comes, you certainly will deserve it.

I bet "old Shaq" can shut down "Softy Pau". when the time comes.  Hibbert pretty much wore Old Softy out last night.  Watching Softy run up and down the court last nite I was thinking, Perkins runs faster than Softy.

Healty Bynum?  Boy that is a joke. I believe Jackson recently said something to the effect that his surgery was anything but "typical"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, I'm pretty devastated. Only half a game behind the Spurs who just ran off 12 in a row and still ahead of you guys in the race for HCA. Drew is coming back soon and I figure we'll be about 24-5 come Christmas. Devastated. When is West, Perkins and JON coming back?
    Posted by CK57[/QUOTE]

Please don't tell me that you didn't post this.  That is your sig, right?

How's that record now?  Playing the east is a bit different, huh?  Lost at home to the Pacers, and LA was kept under 100 points.  That's a stat that the Lakers need to be concerned about.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]That is not my comment. The only person in this thread who said the Lakers will be 25-4 by Christmas is Duke4... and he's a Celtics fan.
    Posted by CK57[/QUOTE]

Nope, that was you.  Duke followed up on my comment about your post.

But you wrote it.  Sorry for the double post here, but why wouldn't you tell the truth about something you put in writing?  Odd.  At least stand by your words.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah : I bet "old Shaq " can shut down "Softy Pau". when the time comes.  Hibbert pretty much wore Old Softy out last night.  Watching Softy run up and down the court last nite I was thinking, Perkins runs faster than Softy. Healty Bynum?  Boy that is a joke. I believe Jackson recently said something to the effect that his surgery was anything but "typical"
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    Don't confuse "soft" with "exhausted." Gasol's logging a h of a lot of minutes with the other bigs injured.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah : Don't confuse "soft" with "exhausted." Gasol's logging a h of a lot of minutes with the other bigs injured.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. Ray might look like that w/o Delonte to spell him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Bynum has so much potential but the number of injuries he's already sustained at such a young age is a genuine concern. He's not at the Greg Odom level yet, but if he has another leg injury then more questions will be asked.

I did make light about is trip to Africa, but he really should have had his surgery immediately after a short break (I'd give him that) after winning the title, give him two weeks! His attitude stank and if I was running the team I'd have been looking at moving him from the team. Heal on company time is a bad attitude to have.

I'm sure there's plenty of people in the United States with similar injuries who would give anything to have had their employer/insurer put them though the surgery Bynum had so they could continue to work and provide for their families and themselves.

It just smacks of selfishness and a guy who is serious about becoming a good NBA player should have had the surgery ASAP. Does he care about getting better fast and helping his team? Sure doesn't look that way.

I'm sure if the same thing happened to Bryant, he'd have had the surgery immediately. But then that's the difference between the mentality of both men. I'm sure there's plenty of guys who are not as good a player as Bynum who would have had the surgery immediately.

It's certainly a blight on Bynums character.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]qdaddy, Let me educate you. Lakers Bench vs. Celts.. 1. Barns vs. marquis...LOL....both players who have not REACHED THERE POTENTIAL...and you say one is better than the other...LOL..Marquis played just as good d. on lebron.. 2. Shannon brown???. is he an all star..Nate has won stuff and has scored a 40 point game..Stop with this shannon stuff..LOL... 3. Blake vs. west...Blake doesnt have wests scoring. but passes better annd deltote plays better D.. 4. GLEN DAVIS IS BETTER THAN ANYLAKER BENCH PLAYER.. 5. and PERK has been out since the FINALS..WE GET HIM BACK..So perk,shaq,JO. as our center combo..better than bynum,ratliff lol.. 6. Kobe bryant isnt 20 years old son..THE LAKERS and celtics have the same combined age. as a team. The lakers all are not 20..there in there upper 20 and 30's. PLAYERS GET INJURED MORE AT THOSE AGES...so take the bias down a notch son.
    Posted by DoctorCO[/QUOTE]

Okay, believe what you want to.

I'd better not say anything about Santa Claus. He'll still drop by your house on Christmas.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]give into it, A healthy bynum??....HUH....The celtics had perk who coudnt score and rondo who couldnt score in the finals..That made bynum look good. Put shaq who can score..Bynum will have to cover him..And nate will get min against blake and fisher so the laker d will be tested more. A healthy bynum????. really...lol...The celtics were in every game with a healthY PERK.. and with the balance of d and scoring... The lakers will be counted out. while boston raises banner 18. and you faker fans will be crying as usuall
    Posted by DoctorCO[/QUOTE]

Bynum looked good because he OWNED Perk while playing on one good leg. Imagine if he stays healthy. BTW, Bynum has already played Shaq and he's done a good job against him. And being younger, he's more mobile than the Big Fossil.

You guys are counting on that banner in November. Let's see what your trainers room looks like in May. Doc might be managing the team just to get them into the playoffs again. I feel pretty secure that the Lakers will be pretty healthy and in position to win home court again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah : I bet "old Shaq " can shut down "Softy Pau". when the time comes.  Hibbert pretty much wore Old Softy out last night.  Watching Softy run up and down the court last nite I was thinking, Perkins runs faster than Softy. Healty Bynum?  Boy that is a joke. I believe Jackson recently said something to the effect that his surgery was anything but "typical"

Pau won't have to worry about Shaq, since he's our Power Forward. You're one of the few still on this board calling Pau "soft".  You must not have watched the Finals last year. As most of your fellow C's fans (and KG) learned just how soft Pau was in last year's finals. So Pau had an off night. We can live with that on occasion. As defending NBA champs, we know every team is going to want to bring their "A" game against the Lakers. Unlike that team in South Beach, the Lakers generally handle these teams.

I guess you'd better hope and pray that Bynum isn't healthy, cause if he is, no banner 18. He's doing all that he's supposed to and everything looks good for his return. He's started physical contact drills and there hasn't been any swelling. (If you're wondering how I know this, the LA Times keeps good updates on him.)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, I'm pretty devastated. Only half a game behind the Spurs who just ran off 12 in a row and still ahead of you guys in the race for HCA. Drew is coming back soon and I figure we'll be about 24-5 come Christmas. Devastated. When is West, Perkins and JON coming back?
    Posted by CK57[/QUOTE]

Keep "figuring".  Then keep denying your predictions. 
    So, 11 in a row now, is that your guess, Nostradamus?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah : We will have to see about that. Old Shaq isn't what he used to be. You will have plenty to deal with on your hands with Shaq's 38 year old body. He hasn't exactly been a picture of durability as of late either.  Of course, I hope the Celtics have all hands on deck, healthy and ready to go. I would rather beat you like that. I also hope Bynum comes into his own, and has his health going forward, so that the Lakers are at their best. I think some of you suffer a losers mentality, hoping and wishing for injuries. Some of you frolic gleefully in Lakers injuries, or the potential for injuries. This is such a losers mentality. I hope you get rewarded for your efforts with a healthy Bynum kicking your butts when the time comes, you certainly will deserve it.

If you truly feel that way, then stop posting here.  Feeding into a loser's mentality is in itself a loser's mentality.  Are you really that unhappy that you have to come on here and insult everyone?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah : Pau won't have to worry about Shaq, since he's our Power Forward. You're one of the few still on this board calling Pau "soft".  You must not have watched the Finals last year. As most of your fellow C's fans (and KG) learned just how soft Pau was in last year's finals. So Pau had an off night. We can live with that on occasion. As defending NBA champs, we know every team is going to want to bring their "A" game against the Lakers. Unlike that team in South Beach, the Lakers generally handle these teams. I guess you'd better hope and pray that Bynum isn't healthy, cause if he is, no banner 18. He's doing all that he's supposed to and everything looks good for his return. He's started physical contact drills and there hasn't been any swelling. (If you're wondering how I know this, the LA Times keeps good updates on him.)
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Well Puff Daddy he is soft.  Don't let the finals skew your vision.  KG  wasn't half the player last year that he is this year.  This more like the Championship KG.  Well the Celtics don't have to be the defending champs for someon to bring their "A" . We get everyones "A"  each year anyway.  Just the way it is.  I could care less about Bynum.  We have enough big bodies this year to negate both him and Softy.  Hows that rehab going.  Seems like it changes everytime PJ opens his mouth.  I wouldn't count on the walking injury this year if i was you.  He may play 50 games then get injured again.  Like I said it doesn't really matter anyway.

The Celtics- This years champ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Faker Trolls only - Fakers lose at Utah : Well Puff Daddy he is soft.  Don't let the finals skew your vision.  KG  wasn't half the player last year that he is this year.  This more like the Championship KG.  Well the Celtics don't have to be the defending champs for someon to bring their "A" . We get everyones "A"  each year anyway.  Just the way it is.  I could care less about Bynum.  We have enough big bodies this year to negate both him and Softy.  Hows that rehab going.  Seems like it changes everytime PJ opens his mouth.  I wouldn't count on the walking injury this year if i was you.  He may play 50 games then get injured again.  Like I said it doesn't really matter anyway. The Celtics- This years champ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KG isn't half the player Gasol is THIS year. Gasol beats KG in almost every offensive or  defensive category. KG isn't even averaging 1 blocked shot per game...for a guy who's 7 foot, that's pretty weak. I can see why the C's are tied for last in rebounding.

As far as getting everyone's "A" game, you guys weren't barking before getting Ray and KG. Teams were beating the C's with their "C" game...remember? Even during the Lakers few "down" years, teams ALWAYS want to beat them. You know...teams always like going after the NBA's marquee team.

And Bynum, we're not worried about him either. When he's back, you'll know it. He'll improve an already outstanding rebounding team and solidify the defense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pingkian. Show Pingkian's posts

another loss against the rockets hahahaha

Sections
Shortcuts