For Those Who Don't Believe

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: For Those Who Don't Believe

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mannix also said that Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor was “irked” the Celtics won a championship with Kevin Garnett and had a good five year run. So for a team with the longest current playoff drought in the NBA, it’s a hard sell to the fans to be continually rebuilding and trading yet another star to Boston.

[/QUOTE]

Is he irked at his own failure to have a crystal ball?  There was never any guarantee that the Celtics would win a championship, so KG might have played out his career without ever winning a ring.  They should have won another (37-17), and as a team were tough enough to get close, but winning a championship is not all that easy and certainly not predictable a year out.  Miami didn't get a parade at the close of the first year of "the decision".  If Taylor has regrets, they should be acknowledged as his poor prognostications because that's all they could be - just like predictions on this and any fan board. Any "blame" is his and his alone. Grow up, Mr. Taylor. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

It was a 5 for 1 deal.  He got Big Al - his own fault he couldn't keep him.  He got Telfair, who's baaaack.  He got Gomes, who was a good backup for a couple of years.  How many picks?

He could have traded him to LAL for Gasol and Odom......I agree with painter (is that a Richenbacher?), it's his own da.n fault!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was a 5 for 1 deal.  He got Big Al - his own fault he couldn't keep him.  He got Telfair, who's baaaack.  He got Gomes, who was a good backup for a couple of years.  How many picks?

He could have traded him to LAL for Gasol and Odom......I agree with painter (is that a Richenbacher?), it's his own da.n fault!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

[/QUOTE]

Ricks look like and are often referred to as "frying pans" - very different shape. That's a Surf Green Stratocaster that I built from Fender parts to '56 specs (color is from '57 and a Chevy color). The image is stock, however, and shows a trem bridge. Mine's a hardtail for a darker tone and more sustain.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

How highly did G. Taylor think of KG?

Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor, a staunch supporter and friend of Garnett's during their 12 seasons together in Minnesota, leveled some rare criticism at his former star on Tuesday, suggesting Garnett "tanked it" when he missed the last five games last year.

It might be fair to assume G. Taylor is irked more at KG than the Cs!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Doesn't read like a man holding a grudge - reads like a man taking responsibility for his organization:

While there was definitely a large contingency of heartbroken teams and fans screaming bloody murder over the deal, at least at the time, it looked like trading Garnett to the Boston Celtics was a pretty good deal for Minnesota, considering the circumstances.

"I'm confident I made the right decision here, even though that it was a difficult one," Wolves owner Glen Taylor told ESPN.com immediately after the trade went down.

"The past few seasons our on-court performance has been disappointing to our fans, myself, [owner] Glen Taylor and the entire organization," general manager/head coach Kevin McHale said, via the ESPN.com report. "Through this trade, we have obtained very talented, young players with a lot of potential, future flexibility with the salary cap and two future first-round NBA draft picks.

There really was a lot to like. In Al Jefferson, the Timberwolves received a controllable 22-year-old post-scoring maven coming off a year where he averaged 16 points, 11 boards and a 19.8 PER. Jefferson looked every bit the part of franchise big man. Even now, Minnesota would be awfully fortunate to receive a 22-year-old player who could put up numbers like that.

There was more than just Jefferson, though. Recent first-round picks like Gerald Green and Sebastian Telfair were included, both still young and oozing with athleticism and potential. Neither panned out for Minnesota (although Green has had a nice resurgence over the last few years), but at the time, they were intriguing prospects. Ryan Gomes and Theo Ratliff could be solid role players.

Aside from Jefferson and the other players, two first-round picks came in the Garnett trade as well. Both materialized in 2009, and David Kahn stamped his place in history by drafting Jonny Flynn after he already had taken Ricky Rubio. Wayne Ellington was the later pick.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I don't think thr Celtics are done in the Love race.

If GSW doesn't give up Klay, which I don't see them doing, then we will have the best offer.

Minny cant get nothing for Love.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

The Celtics will not get a major free agent and the Celtics will not draft a alpha dog player.  There only chance is to build a mid level team, and hope some disgruntled all star can be traded for with assets that are overvalued by some gm somewhere on the planet.  The most logical step is to surround our new coach with the best players we can get and hope he can win by playing team ball.  WE are not doing any of the three ways.  We still have time but players that could really help us like the big center and the big point guard are signed already.  If we are building though the draft it will be a long time before we are contenders because we HAVE NOT DRAFTED THE PLAYERS WE NEED BECAUSE OF THE PING P BALLS.  We do not have the players to develop into a top team.  WE only dream that our players will be like Gordon Hayward.  There is a low chance you can develop and keep players in today's NBA.   O City did it but they did it with alpha dogs no players like we have.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't think thr Celtics are done in the Love race.

If GSW doesn't give up Klay, which I don't see them doing, then we will have the best offer.

Minny cant get nothing for Love.

[/QUOTE]

We had the best offer before the draft.

Now, not anymore!

Worst case scenario is Minny gets cap space and sign and trade option if the Wolves end up keeping Love until the end of the season.

[/QUOTE]

They are doing it out of spite. They'll be lucky if they get 50% value now. They are hung over a barrel like Danny will be with Rondo. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.