Force Feeding KG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Force Feeding KG

-

Doc must have decided that he needed to establish an inside game by force-feeding Kg.  Great, if KG was a face-up low-post player.  But KG looked uncomfortable with the strategy and immediately began forcing shots, ultimately going 8 – 20 from the floor for 16 points.

In force-feeding a discombobulated KG, Ray and Paul became The Men that Time Forgot, and Celtic Basketball went right out the window.

Ray Allen had a total of 7 shots.  Paul Pierce, 11.  Does Doc really want Rondo and KG to combine for 36 shots while Ray and Paul combine for 18?  It’s Ray’s seven attempts that really stands out:  how can Ray get on track with 7 attempts?  KG and Rondo shot a paltry 41% combined while Ray and Paul combined for an even more paltry 38%, mostly a product of Ray not getting enough touches in the right spots.

The Celtics cannot win without playing Celtic Basketball:  what I just described above is not Celtic Basketball, and if they continue to play this inferior brand of ball they will get swept, no doubt about it.

Ski on Twitter

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Re: Force Feeding KG

Agreed. Terrible strategy! I never have really understood why so many think that KG has the advantage over Bosh anyway. Bosh is an all-star, much younger, faster and quicker than Garnett. KG should never be the primary option. What is concerning is our inability to stop Wade or James. If they're going to drill 3's like that it gives us very little chance at sucess. Sadly, the Perk tade has blown up in Danny's face. I doubt Perk would have saved us but it would have been nice to make one last run. We need a really BIIIIG effort from Paul and Ray in game 3 or this might be a short series! Never givin' up but it doesn't look good...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Force Feeding KG

In Response to Re: Force Feeding KG:

[QUOTE]Agreed. Terrible strategy! I never have really understood why so many think that KG has the advantage over Bosh anyway. Bosh is an all-star, much younger, faster and quicker than Garnett. KG should never be the primary option. What is concerning is our inability to stop Wade or James. If they're going to drill 3's like that it gives us very little chance at sucess. Sadly, the Perk tade has blown up in Danny's face. I doubt Perk would have saved us but it would have been nice to make one last run. We need a really BIIIIG effort from Paul and Ray in game 3 or this might be a short series! Never givin' up but it doesn't look good...

Posted by jam757[/QUOTE]

-

I agree, it doesn't look good & the odds are long, but the Celtics have not even played up to their potential  -- infact they'ver played very poorly.  It looks like they got caught flat-footed by the heat's intensity.

I think they need to turn it up a notch, flip another switch, get into another gear, or it will be the end of the Big Three Era.  Can they do it?

I'm still a believer.  For me Game 3 will be what tells the story.

Ski on Twitter

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

Sections
Shortcuts