Forget Embiid, focus on Karl Towns and Jahlil Okafor

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KamikazeKnight00. Show KamikazeKnight00's posts

Re: Forget Embiid, focus on Karl Towns and Jahlil Okafor

That's our ticket to a championship.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to KamikazeKnight00's comment:

[QUOTE]

Either one would look good in green!

That's our ticket to a championship.

[/QUOTE]

Okafor or Towns?

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Neither looks like a defensive beast though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

You want  to go thru ANOTHER failed tanking?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Sorry you can't tank in the NBA and assume you are going to get a good pick. The Celtics did it twice and no dice. The only to get good in the NBA is either get once in the lucky or trade for talent in the final year or so their rookie contract. The Heat pretty achieved number two by having all the players opt out and take less money. The C's probably can't do that.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Not a good way to build a title contender...hopefully "they get lucky".  Trade for established players please.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

[QUOTE]

Not a good way to build a title contender...hopefully "they get lucky".  Trade for established players please.

[/QUOTE]

The last time the Celts traded for an established player was when the Celts had the #5 pick of the draft.

How can you trade for an established player if you don't have a top 5 or top 3 pick?

You're not going to get an established player for ordinary 1st round picks or above average young players.

[/QUOTE]
    The 6th in this draft is going to be Embiid, Embiid is going be better than Green. Don't you think either Olynick or Sullinger while not as good a Jefferson still have value to an NBA team? Also keep in mind the Celtics have more draft pick this time around and a 10 mil exemption. If Ainge wanted to make a move he had more chips now than in '07.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I don't want more mediocrity. If the Celtics cannot package something together to add Love and a third All-Star to complement Rondo, then blow things up further, tank again, and continue to stockpile assets (i.e. youth, picks, cap flexibility). Rondo alone should be able to land a top 10 pick, Green something in the mid-teens, and Bass something in the late 20s.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to davidap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't want more mediocrity. If the Celtics cannot package something together to add Love and a third All-Star to complement Rondo, then blow things up further, tank again, and continue to stockpile assets (i.e. youth, picks, cap flexibility). Rondo alone should be able to land a top 10 pick, Green something in the mid-teens, and Bass something in the late 20s.

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, none of those are true, I've read, though not from lack of trying.

[object HTMLDivElement]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

I have to say, after watching 4 or 5 Okafor vids, the kid seems slow to me. He has quick/agile footwork, but he seems to lumber. There are also conflicting reports about how tall he really is. I've seen him listed anywhere from 6'9.5" to 6'11".  Seems very Sullinger-esque before his back problems.

But I agree that the lottery for a year or two more is the direction Danny will be forced to go.  No possible star prospects on the roster currently, and none available for the mishmash of junk we have to offer. His only other option is to build a sub-par borderline playoff team with mid level players like Hayward and Asik. If you have a team with say Rondo, Hayward, Green, Sully, Asik you are dead in the water already.  Too streaky, no closer, no 20ppg go to guy, average defensively, no free agent draw, and Rondo is opting out as soon as he has a chance.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

If Embiid is around when the Celtics draft they should take him without hesitation.    His injuries could derail his career, but it's a risk worth taking.  The Celtics are in desperate need of a big man. And this guy's upside is tremendous.

Furthermore, the #6 pick is hardly guaranteed to make a long-term impact in today's NBA.

Take a look at the last 10 years:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2106686-last-decade-of-no-6-nba-draft-picks-doesnt-bode-too-well-for-boston-celtics/page/11" rel="nofollow">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2106686-last-decade-of-no-6-nba-draft-picks-doesnt-bode-too-well-for-boston-celtics/page/11

And, does anyone remember Ron Mercer at #6 (thanks Rick).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

It's very likely that whatever happens the new backbone of the C's will take place tonight or tomorrow not in 2015.  It could be Embiid, Love or a re-set, but the next two days will have much to say about the next 5-10 years.

Sections
Shortcuts