forget LAKERS, can we now beat the SIXERS with BYNUM?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

forget LAKERS, can we now beat the SIXERS with BYNUM?

i like to take care of bizness at home before worrying about others. the lakes only matter if we can get to the finals. our chances of getting there just got worse with the news that a dominant and motivated bynum could be walking thru those philly doors as early as tomorrow. he would instantly be the star on a team that hasnt legitimately had one in years. this beast will easily be a 20-10-5 guy. 5 as in assists. he scores but unlike DH makes everyone else better and he can hit his free throws, plus dont forget guys like hawes and others to back him up. losing iggy is a biggie for them but they have a lot of those kinds of players. philly just changed the equation for #2 in the east. just when we thought we had all the answers, the freakin question just got changed!

heck, they could even make a run for #1, who's going to stop bynum on the heat? lebron? joel anthony?... oh really... how about on our team? talking more than 2 tangoes with the lakers now, he's now right in our backyard along with the rejuvenated knicks and nets... wilcox, puny kg? midgett sully? steamer is instantly missed. u wanna put melo on a vet like bynum? we just got a big issue! u think we beat philly last season if they have bynum? NO, I SAY...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: forget LAKERS, can we now beat the SIXERS with BYNUM?

"  the lakes only matter if we can get to the finals"

Agreed - the only reason the Lakers part has so much play in here right now is due to a bunch of small-brained Lakers trolls who are on this trade like flies on a smoking hot turd. 

No question this trade does improve the Sixers, but remember they had to give up Iggy as well. A fair price for Bynum but still...also recall Bynum tends to struggle with injuries not just motivation. 

My view is that it will take Philly another year to put the pieces around Bynum to make their team really dangerous, and of course he may not re-up there. 

I know you like to get kind of worked up about how good another team might be, as in your "don't sleep on ____" posts you do fairly regularly. I'd say that the Heat is still the team we have to worry the most about, that's pretty obvious, boring perhaps but that's the truth. Outside of the Heat, I'd say the Nets if you want to pick a team that really improved itself. If the Bulls get Rose back healthy and near 100 percent I'd put them ahead of Philly also.

p.s. thanks for chaging that profile photo from your sis...this one is MUCH better, no offense to your sis who is surely a cool lady who doesn't need exposure here... :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

I think the 76er's got the best end of this deal. They are going to be good next season with Bynum. The Atlantic Division is going to be the most competitive one next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

bynum's in the eastern conference now....   neat!

so old KG @ 240# is going to "stick" him for 6 regular season games and maybe a playoff series?

this is why i kept saying ainge had to do something than pad the crap out of the 1/2 positions.  bass was a ridiculous re-signing given his inability to move to the 5.  is davis worth his money @ 6M a year?  he can play 5, frustrate guys like bynum, take some spotlight off of masquerading a slim older guy as a 5 when the poundage is not in our favor.

OBVIOUSLY we don't get davis back, but should we have ever let him go so long as we had KG as one of the centerpieces?  WHO is here to replace his role as able 20-25 mins of utility big man / HELP DEFENSE CATALYST?  it ain't bass, collins or green....

danny better sign a big man or two and stop dreaming that melo is anything more than a d leaguer for now.  sullinger for that matter too.  he needs to do what davis did- get in shape.  only davis never had a slipped disk.

all of this reflects back upon doc.  some say we had a goofball lockerroom- shak was the biggest goof ever.  i don't recall any youtube videos of davis mugging around during practice- it was shak and nate robinson.  so while some would call that a "fun" or "loose" (actually leading to a tighter team) locker room, apparently doc drivers thought it was bad.  for robinson to be doing it anyway.

so that's the big reason for davis being gone?  he was a "bad" locker room guy?  or he outgrew his role in his own mind.  well dam, he looked pretty good beating 7-2 roy hibbert like a rented mule this year in the playoffs.  maybe davis was better than we gave him credit for?  or just the whipping boy.

all i know is if we had him OR SOMEONE WITH HIS VERSATILE SKILL SET, we'd be a lot better off.  how much money did we save on bass?  for poorer per minute rebounding and no help D and NO help at the 5?  hope it was really worth it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: forget LAKERS, can we now beat the SIXERS with BYNUM?:
    [QUOTE]bynum's in the eastern conference now....   neat! so old KG @ 240# is going to "stick" him for 6 regular season games and maybe a playoff series? this is why i kept saying ainge had to do something than pad the crap out of the 1/2 positions.  bass was a ridiculous re-signing given his inability to move to the 5.  is davis worth his money @ 6M a year?  he can play 5, frustrate guys like bynum, take some spotlight off of masquerading a slim older guy as a 5 when the poundage is not in our favor. OBVIOUSLY we don't get davis back, but should we have ever let him go so long as we had KG as one of the centerpieces?  WHO is here to replace his role as able 20-25 mins of utility big man / HELP DEFENSE CATALYST?  it ain't bass, collins or green.... danny better sign a big man or two and stop dreaming that melo is anything more than a d leaguer for now.  sullinger for that matter too.  he needs to do what davis did- get in shape.  only davis never had a slipped disk. all of this reflects back upon doc.  some say we had a goofball lockerroom- shak was the biggest goof ever.  i don't recall any youtube videos of davis mugging around during practice- it was shak and nate robinson.  so while some would call that a "fun" or "loose" (actually leading to a tighter team) locker room, apparently doc drivers thought it was bad.  for robinson to be doing it anyway. so that's the big reason for davis being gone?  he was a "bad" locker room guy?  or he outgrew his role in his own mind.  well dam, he looked pretty good beating 7-2 roy hibbert like a rented mule this year in the playoffs.  maybe davis was better than we gave him credit for?  or just the whipping boy. all i know is if we had him OR SOMEONE WITH HIS VERSATILE SKILL SET, we'd be a lot better off.  how much money did we save on bass?  for poorer per minute rebounding and no help D and NO help at the 5?  hope it was really worth it
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]comrade AC, i totally forgot about DA's deft signing of the HOWARD stopper in jason collins. if he could guard him, he can guard the less athletic bynum. so yeah, a combo of kg, sully (he's actually a better interior and exterior defender than baby from what i've seen and read), wilcox and mr. collins ought to wotk most of the time. does bynum want to run to catch up with kg or wilcox? NO! will be intriguing mostly for what bynum's presence will mean for the other guys on his team and the flexibility it gves a great coach like collins. dont mis-underestimate (bushism) the impact of the quiet assassin in jason richardson either. philly will be up there with the celts. they will be BETTER than the nets or the knicks in reality at the end (not on paper per se). knicks will be last in the division.

btw, i would say its doc's love for wing guys that motivate those signings by DA, not the other way around. doc likes his big guys to focus run, stay healthy, play defense and rebound (if possible), so jambronis like wilcox are perfectly fine. the rest of his guys (minus his PG of course) have to be good spot-up jump shooters for rondo will find them. thus sully and a bass are perfectly fine. baby had a very inconsistent shot, these guys are very consistent with those mid-range shots. its about the system one wants to run. baby had a great system for him in orlando, bass has a great one here in bawston. howard will love playing in brown's system as will bynum under collins' (he can be his new bill cartwright), iggy under the run and gun george karl (not a great match with collins' more deliberate approach). that 4-eam trade was a win-win for it moved around players who will all thrive under certain systems, not just a salary dump type trade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big j. Show Big j's posts

although they defenetly got better i still feel like they don't have that go to guy unless turner and holliday improve there game significantly i think the celtics can still beat them 

Sections
Shortcuts