Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers

" All of this google searched analysis from Rame is quite funny since he never even saw any games from the 84-88 Lakers teams."

I'm hoping you didn't either because it would be ridiculous if someone your age was still getting their rocks off impersonating an opposing team's fans on an Internet forum. I was really hoping you were 19 or so, that would have excused your immaturity a bit more. Now it's safe to say you have a really serious hangup or glitch or character flaw. Good luck with that. 

Rame as for your point I'm not sure that the Lakers are the best comparison given the kind of talent Magic had around him at the time and his much larger physique (remember he could play center even). If you want to go that route I'd suggest the Isiah Thomas Pistons comparison. Isaih being a little dude like Rondo, a tough motha who made things happen. Obviously Isiah a vastly better scorer and overall player, but to me that would be the kind of team toughness we would need. True Isiah didn't play with hall of famers like Rondo does but our hall of famers are on the downslope so they compare pretty fairly to those Pistons players in their prime. I would love to see Rondo fully claim that floor general role and see how far our team go do. Rondo can be a little moody, but along those lines Isiah was too so.....? :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers

In Response to Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers:
    [QUOTE]" All of this google searched analysis from Rame is quite funny since he never even saw any games from the 84-88 Lakers teams." I'm hoping you didn't either because it would be ridiculous if someone your age was still getting their rocks off impersonating an opposing team's fans on an Internet forum. I was really hoping you were 19 or so, that would have excused your immaturity a bit more. Now it's safe to say you have a really serious hangup or glitch or character flaw. Good luck with that.  Rame as for your point I'm not sure that the Lakers are the best comparison given the kind of talent Magic had around him at the time and his much larger physique (remember he could play center even). If you want to go that route I'd suggest the Isiah Thomas Pistons comparison. Isaih being a little dude like Rondo, a tough motha who made things happen. Obviously Isiah a vastly better scorer and overall player, but to me that would be the kind of team toughness we would need. True Isiah didn't play with hall of famers like Rondo does but our hall of famers are on the downslope so they compare pretty fairly to those Pistons players in their prime. I would love to see Rondo fully claim that floor general role and see how far our team go do. Rondo can be a little moody, but along those lines Isiah was too so.....? :)
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I completey agree with your analysis. The Pistons make the better comparison, by far. The tone and pace of the Celtics, defensively orientated, and physical is much more Isiah Thomas Pistons than those "Showtime" Magic Johnson LA teams. The Celtice don't board like either of those teams did, and this is needing a fix, or the Celtics will not get there. No rebounds, no rings is pretty much still the case, hard to overcome.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" No rebounds, no rings is pretty much still the case, hard to overcome."

Yah. The Pistons comparison is also a stretch for that and some other reasons, but I think at least it's the best analogy in anywhere near the modern NBA of a little guy leading their team to the championship. 

I realized after I posted this that I was wrong about the hall of fame part, obviously Dumars is in the hall of fame but that may make the comparison closer (I confused it with the fact he wasn't on the dream team). And you could probably argue Rodman with all his antics could go and of course coach Daly is a hall of fame coach but Rivers likely will be as well. Now that you mention it we could use a rebounding fiend like Rodman. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

In Response to Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers:
    [QUOTE]" No rebounds, no rings is pretty much still the case, hard to overcome." Yah. The Pistons comparison is also a stretch for that and some other reasons, but I think at least it's the best analogy in anywhere near the modern NBA of a little guy leading their team to the championship.  I realized after I posted this that I was wrong about the hall of fame part, obviously Dumars is in the hall of fame but that may make the comparison closer (I confused it with the fact he wasn't on the dream team). And you could probably argue Rodman with all his antics could go and of course coach Daly is a hall of fame coach but Rivers likely will be as well. Now that you mention it we could use a rebounding fiend like Rodman. :)
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

It is difficult to compare two different era teams and have them be the same. Trying to take a comparison of each player at his given position and comparing to the other team is kind of wrongheaded thought process. The way those teams played, the sum of their parts is how I prefer to view it. And the Celtics are just not anything like the Magic Johnson Lakers, not even a little.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers : It is difficult to compare two different era teams and have them be the same. Trying to take a comparison of each player at his given position and comparing to the other team is kind of wrongheaded thought process. The way those teams played, the sum of their parts is how I prefer to view it. And the Celtics are just not anything like the Magic Johnson Lakers, not even a little. Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE] "wrongheaded thought process" Let me guess the cat made you type that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers : I completey agree with your analysis. The Pistons make the better comparison, by far. The tone and pace of the Celtics, defensively orientated, and physical is much more Isiah Thomas Pistons than those "Showtime" Magic Johnson LA teams. The Celtice don't board like either of those teams did, and this is needing a fix, or the Celtics will not get there. No rebounds, no rings is pretty much still the case, hard to overcome.
    Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE]

Kareem was averging 5 rebounds a game from 84-88, he is the guy I compared to KG as he turned 37 during the '84 season like KG will this May.

The Pistons are a good comparison as well, guys like Avery/Terry are like the microwave and Dumars Pierce is like an Adrian Dantley/Mark Aguirre.

I just don't see the frontcourt of Laimbeer and Rodman comparing to KG/Green the same way Kareem and Worthy do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers : It is difficult to compare two different era teams and have them be the same. Trying to take a comparison of each player at his given position and comparing to the other team is kind of wrongheaded thought process. The way those teams played, the sum of their parts is how I prefer to view it. And the Celtics are just not anything like the Magic Johnson Lakers, not even a little.

They are more than a little like them in roster and talent... it is about this team, not the one of the last 5 years, your trolling is getting tiresome

As for Nash I point to his age, leaving the Phoenix system/medical staff and poor defense as bigger issues than his back, which I don't rail on much at all, you must be thinking of fierce.

but there are many reports out there if you want to look that say his back was as bad as it has ever been last season... when you hit 38-39 these things become harder to manage then 5-10 years earlier... if you want to assume that he will be everything you dream he will be for your Lakers go right ahead, the reality is that he won't. Players that old with that many issues to adjust to never are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers : They are more than a little like them in roster and talent... it is about this team, not the one of the last 5 years, your trolling is getting tiresome As for Nash I point to his age, leaving the Phoenix system/medical staff and poor defense as bigger issues than his back, which I don't rail on much at all, you must be thinking of fierce. but there are many reports out there if you want to look that say his back was as bad as it has ever been last season... when you hit 38-39 these things become harder to manage then 5-10 years earlier... if you want to assume that he will be everything you dream he will be for your Lakers go right ahead, the reality is that he won't. Players that old with that many issues to adjust to never are.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I am not trolling, I am merely having a conversation with you. Quit crying at the drop of any hint of someone who politely disagrees with you, ya big baby. I am telling you that you are categorically wrong when you compare this years Celtics team to the "showtime" era Lakers. The comparison is ridiculous, and I say that without any doubt at all. 

The teams are only similar in talent, in that both have a point guard, two guard, small forward, power forward, and center, but beyond that, the similarities end.
    If you can't handle it when someone disagrees with you, move on, but quit your sniveling and whining on about it, act like a man. And believe it, you are not acting like one in this instance, more like a little kid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers : I am not trolling, I am merely having a conversation with you. Quit crying at the drop of any hint of someone who politely disagrees with you, ya big baby. I am telling you that you are categorically wrong when you compare this years Celtics team to the "showtime" era Lakers. The comparison is ridiculous, and I say that without any doubt at all.  The teams are only similar in talent, in that both have a point guard, two guard, small forward, power forward, and center, but beyond that, the similarities end.

Ok fine, I tend to call anyone exposed as a Laker fan a troll, but if you want to have a conversation, go back to the first 3 posts of this thread and see all the accurate statistical comparisons between the talent on the clubs before you say the comparisons cannot be made... they can.

Without one game being played you have no idea if Rondo will transform his new lineup into an uptempo 110 point per game squad that I feel he really has to try and do. And I'd rather have multiple players on this team than their positional counterparts on the mid-80's Lakers.

sorry to get your panties all in a bunch with this comparison, if you don't enjoy it then go away

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers": "wrongheaded thought process" Let me guess the cat made you type that?
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

So petty and small minded, look at the little basketball fan, can't stand a differing opinion from the other side without getting all worked up. Go ahead be a miserable person, get all pissed at my every word, see how little you can make me care.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers : Ok fine, I tend to call anyone exposed as a Laker fan a troll, but if you want to have a conversation, go back to the first 3 posts of this thread and see all the accurate statistical comparisons between the talent on the clubs before you say the comparisons cannot be made... they can. Without one game being played you have no idea if Rondo will transform his new lineup into an uptempo 110 point per game squad that I feel he really has to try and do. And I'd rather have multiple players on this team than their positional counterparts on the mid-80's Lakers. sorry to get your panties all in a bunch with this comparison, if you don't enjoy it then go away

Panties in a bunch? I merely spoke politely and calmly about your comparison, and boo hoo, I disagreed, and you went all whaaaaaa, I am tired of your trolling. Grow up, practice what you preach to the others. What kind of man can't handle a differing opinion without acting out like a child? I haven't been exposed for anything. I have been straight forward from the jump about what I am about, and I don't need to validate my interest in the Lakers by being a spaz with hate for the guys on the other side.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers : So petty and small minded, look at the little basketball fan, can't stand a differing opinion from the other side without getting all worked up. Go ahead be a miserable person, get all pissed at my every word, see how little you can make me care. Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE] Didn't you mean to type the word "wrong minded"? So much hate and venom in your posts! No worries, the circus is coming to LA in approximately 5-weeks! Mike Clown and the gang will cheer you up!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers": Didn't you mean to type the word "wrong minded"? So much hate and venom in your posts! No worries, the circus is coming to LA in approximately 5-weeks! Mike Clown and the gang will cheer you up!
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

No venon in my posts what so ever. I am just making it clear, I, am speaking direcly at you, and telling you straight up that I could care less what kind of petty little nonsense you want to get all hung up on. You want to be a jerk, you want to police grammer and spelling like a chump, have at it, I just don't care. I could almost make myself feel sorry for you, but you act like an aaahole, so scrap that. Someday, I am hoping you might come forward and actually say something. But in the meantime, carry on, be empty headed, and keep posting meaningless garbage posts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers : Kareem was averging 5 rebounds a game from 84-88, he is the guy I compared to KG as he turned 37 during the '84 season like KG will this May. The Pistons are a good comparison as well, guys like Avery/Terry are like the microwave and Dumars Pierce is like an Adrian Dantley/Mark Aguirre. I just don't see the frontcourt of Laimbeer and Rodman comparing to KG/Green the same way Kareem and Worthy do.

It is the style of play, and this is where it all falls apart. Magic Johnson was just a different kind of player than Rondo, and the Lakers played a very typical West coast style of basketball, up and down the court. When Magic would enter the all-star game, the whole game changed, in a very dramatic way, it is just not what Rajon Rondo is, even as good as he is. 

The Celtics are a very typical East coast team. They will be amongst the best on the defensive side of the ball, and toward the bottom on offense, per the whole time Doc has been the coach. This team is not going to be anything like the "showtime" Lakers, not unless they bring a new coach with a different philosophy. You can make all the position by position analysis you would like, but the style of play could not be more opposite. You can take any two teams in the league and try to draw player to player comparisons, and even find some, but when the sum of the parts is polar opposite, the comparison fails.

You can look at the stats of Rondo and compare them to Magic, and the stats of Kareem and compare them to Garnett, and try to make Bradley into Cooper, and Green into worthy, and on and on. Doesn't hold up, the stats do not tell the story at all. Kareem and Garnett are nothing alike, nor Magic and Rondo, and Bradley is nothing like Cooper. There is nothing on this Celtics team that even remotely is like James Worthy. The Celtics will not and can not transform into a run and gun team with the current coach and personnel. Don't need to see them play one minute this season to say this,  common sense says it is a farcical theory.

This will never be transformed into "showtime" Lakers. This, last years team is the same starting unit as next years squad, except Courtney Lee is replacing Ray Allen:

2011-12 OVERALL NBA RANKINGS

POINTS PER GAME

91.826thOVERALL

REBOUNDS PER GAME

38.830thOVERALL

ASSISTS PER GAME

23.62ndOVERALL

POINTS ALLOWED

89.32ndOVERALL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers : No venon in my posts what so ever. I am just making it clear, I, am speaking direcly at you, and telling you straight up that I could care less what kind of petty little nonsense you want to get all hung up on. You want to be a jerk, you want to police grammer and spelling like a chump, have at it, I just don't care. I could almost make myself feel sorry for you, but you act like an aaahole, so scrap that. Someday, I am hoping you might come forward and actually say something. But in the meantime, carry on, be empty headed, and keep posting meaningless garbage posts. Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE] Somebody struck a nerve! Let me guess they ran out of prescription marijuana down at the local pharmacy, and your having a real bad day! As stated in a previous post, no worries, the circus is coming to LA!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers : It is the style of play, and this is where it all falls apart. Magic Johnson was just a different kind of player than Rondo, and the Lakers played a very typical West coast style of basketball, up and down the court. When Magic would enter the all-star game, the whole game changed, in a very dramatic way, it is just not what Rajon Rondo is, even as good as he is.  The Celtics are a very typical East coast team. They will be amongst the best on the defensive side of the ball, and toward the bottom on offense, per the whole time Doc has been the coach. This team is not going to be anything like the "showtime" Lakers, not unless they bring a new coach with a different philosophy. You can make all the position by position analysis you would like, but the style of play could not be more opposite. You can take any two teams in the league and try to draw player to player comparisons, and even find some, but when the sum of the parts is polar opposite, the comparison fails. You can look at the stats of Rondo and compare them to Magic, and the stats of Kareem and compare them to Garnett, and try to make Bradley into Cooper, and Green into worthy, and on and on. Doesn't hold up, the stats do not tell the story at all. Kareem and Garnett are nothing alike, nor Magic and Rondo, and Bradley is nothing like Cooper. There is nothing on this Celtics team that even remotely is like James Worthy. The Celtics will not and can not transform into a run and gun team with the current coach and personnel. Don't need to see them play one minute this season to say this,  common sense says it is a farcical theory. This will never be transformed into "showtime" Lakers. This, last years team is the same starting unit as next years squad, except Courtney Lee is replacing Ray Allen: 2011-12 OVERALL NBA RANKINGS POINTS PER GAME 91.8 26th OVERALL REBOUNDS PER GAME 38.8 30th OVERALL ASSISTS PER GAME 23.6 2nd OVERALL POINTS ALLOWED 89.3 2nd OVERALL Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE] What color are the sky's in your world? Is this Mike "clown" I mean Brown?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers": What color are the sky's in your world? Is this Mike "clown" I mean Brown?
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

What a surprise, another worthless addition to to massive collection of meaningless junk you pile on to this board. Someday, you might actually have something to say, or maybe not. Some people suffer from arrested development, never get past age 12 intellectually. I actually like talking basketball with the rival fans, it is superior to having a bunch of people sit around and agree about everything. Too bad you have no interest, or are incapable of actually talking about basketball. So, you called Mike Brown a clown, how tragic, hope it makes you feel better to get that out for the umpteenth time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers : What a surprise, another worthless addition to to massive collection of meaningless junk you pile on to this board. Someday, you might actually have something to say, or maybe not. Some people suffer from arrested development, never get past age 12 intellectually. I actually like talking basketball with the rival fans, it is superior to having a bunch of people sit around and agree about everything. Too bad you have no interest, or are incapable of actually talking about basketball. So, you called Mike Brown a clown, how tragic, hope it makes you feel better to get that out for the umpteenth time. Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE] How is the home work assignment coming (other post)? Let me guess, the cat ate it!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers": How is the home work assignment coming (other post)? Let me guess, the cat ate it!
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

A little weenie like you doesn't assign homework to me, not in this lifetime. You haven't put anything down in writing worthy of a discussion, much less garner enough respect to pay you any mind. This, right here, is the most I will ever give your worthless posts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers : What a surprise, another worthless addition to to massive collection of meaningless junk you pile on to this board. Someday, you might actually have something to say, or maybe not. Some people suffer from arrested development, never get past age 12 intellectually. I actually like talking basketball with the rival fans, it is superior to having a bunch of people sit around and agree about everything. Too bad you have no interest, or are incapable of actually talking about basketball. So, you called Mike Brown a clown, how tragic, hope it makes you feel better to get that out for the umpteenth time. Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE] Let's see if we can find one of your many great "intellectual" contributions to this board. Oh great, here is a little gem: "The Lakers will be a better defensive team, with Nash and Howard, then they were with Fisher and Sessions, who couldn't guard anyone" Nash (39 year old player with bad back) is going to make the Lakers a better defensive team! As stated in an earlier post, I feel like a cat playing with an injured mouse! Just crawl away!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers : A little weenie like you doesn't assign homework to me, not in this lifetime. You haven't put anything down in writing worthy of a discussion, much less garner enough respect to pay you any mind. This, right here, is the most I will ever give your worthless posts. Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE] Struck another nerve! It appears someone on this board has authority and anger management issues! Gosh! I hope the pharmacy up the street from your house is able to get some more medical marijuana soon!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers": Let's see if we can find one of your many great "intellectual" contributions to this board. Oh great, here is a little gem: "The Lakers will be a better defensive team, with Nash and Howard, then they were with Fisher and Sessions, who couldn't guard anyone" Nash (39 year old player with bad back) will make the Lakers a better defensive team! As stated in an earlier post, I feel like a cat playing with an injured mouse! Just crawl away!
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

Maybe, someday you will grow into someone who is capable of understanding what was actually said. But you are a long way from that right now, aren't you? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers": Struck another nerve! It appears someone on this board has authority and anger management issues! Gosh! I hope the pharmacy up the street from your house is able to get some more medical marijuana soon!
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

If you say so doofus.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers : Maybe, someday you will grow into someone who is capable of understanding what was actually said. But you are a long way from that right now, aren't you?  Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE] Of course it was a mis-interpretation on my part! Keep telling yourself that! Someday I am certain you will believe it!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the '04 Pistons, C's have a superstar named Rondo and will compare more to the 80's Lakers : If you say so doofus. Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE] There you go Doobie! Step into the fog and breath deeply!

Sections
Shortcuts