Forget the Clippers. Walk away Danny!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from solich8. Show solich8's posts

Forget the Clippers. Walk away Danny!

The Celtics should be holding the cards and not Donald Sterling. Keep posturing and send out misinofmation that the clips will be in B Shaw and Hollins for interviews. Danny needs to stick to his guns because getting Jordan and one low first round pick is not worth giving up KG, Doc and letting Pierce walk to the Clippers.  if they arent willing to gibe Bledsoe or take back a contract to possible sign a free agent then forget them!  What do the Clips want? Everything and leave the Celtics with a bad contract of a guy that can't play in the 4th qt.

Ill be happy if the Celtics keep pierce and KG and acquire a big in the draft and give it one more try. If Doc burned some bridges and want to walk then let him.  The celtic fans can enjoy more more year with Pierce and KG and if they stink it up then there might be some luck in the lottery.

By not doing a deal then the clips are stuck with an overpaid D Jordan which means no D Howard and No CP3. They have the same team as last year and CP3 probably would do much better as with Hardwn and Howard on the Rockets.  How do you like them Apples Donald Sterling! If you played your cards right the Clips would have been set next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Re: Forget the Clippers. Walk away Danny!

In response to solich8's comment:

The Celtics should be holding the cards and not Donald Sterling. Keep posturing and send out misinofmation that the clips will be in B Shaw and Hollins for interviews. Danny needs to stick to his guns because getting Jordan and one low first round pick is not worth giving up KG, Doc and letting Pierce walk to the Clippers.  if they arent willing to gibe Bledsoe or take back a contract to possible sign a free agent then forget them!  What do the Clips want? Everything and leave the Celtics with a bad contract of a guy that can't play in the 4th qt.

Ill be happy if the Celtics keep pierce and KG and acquire a big in the draft and give it one more try. If Doc burned some bridges and want to walk then let him.  The celtic fans can enjoy more more year with Pierce and KG and if they stink it up then there might be some luck in the lottery.

By not doing a deal then the clips are stuck with an overpaid D Jordan which means no D Howard and No CP3. They have the same team as last year and CP3 probably would do much better as with Hardwn and Howard on the Rockets.  How do you like them Apples Donald Sterling! If you played your cards right the Clips would have been set next year.

You really think that KG and PP will stay here if Doc leaves and lets say goes back to the booth? I don't, where Doc goes KG and PP follow. It's as simple as that. Besides how far are we honestly going to get next season with PP and KG? 8th seed at best? Maybe even just barely miss the playoffs and not even end up in the lottery. I'd rather get something in return for both these guys now rather than let them walk away and get nothing in return. The sooner we start this rebuilding process the faster we'll be back to being contenders. I love both KG and Doc as much as the next guy, but it's time for them to move on. I love Peirce also and I think no matter where he goes he'll sign a 10 day contract with the Celtics and retire a Celtic, he even stated this past season that no matter what happens he's gonna retire in the Celtic green!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I do Jordan straight up for Garnett. And I do Doc straight up for one first round pick.  Anything else is gravy.   PP is another story.

I believe Garnett retires if the deal doesn't get done WITH Doc.  and with PP moving on, Doc doesn't want to stay in Boston.  and Doc is not the right guy, especially at $7M per to develop young talent and he has made it clear that he doesn't want to rebuild a team... 

So Garnett and Doc for Jordan and a first - is much better than nothing at all.  

Jordan makes a decent short term starting C, still with upside and a great eventual backup if not.     

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I disagree......I personaly would  be fine with the Celtics sending KG , Terry and Doc to the Clippers for Jordan, Butler and a first round pick next year. (Clippers may have to take Lee or Crawford also in that scenario).

add in the new possible deal being talked about with Pierce going to the Cav's for a draft pick ( the #19 makes sense for Cleveland).

and you have a rebuild made  by draft day.

C- Jordan

C- Melo

PF- Bass

PF- Sullinger

SF- Green

SF- Butler

SG- Bradley

SG- Lee

PG- Rondo

#16 pick- ( C- S. Adams, M. PLumlee, G. Dieng)?

#19 pick ( PG- D. Schroeder, M. Carter-Williams, S. Larkin)?

Still have at lest the $5M MLE to use for a FA.

2- first round picks next season.

not too shabby for a quick rebuild

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Here's what I'm starting to lean towards.

Hang up the phone with the Cippers
    Call Doc and if he doesn't want to come back...fine...move on.
    Deny interviews with other teams
    Start interviewing coaches
    The Clippers will probably call back
    If they aren't ready to deal at that point
    Hire a coach
    KG will probably retire
    Buy out PP

Move on from this. Don't take on anymore thebad contracts just let KG and PP do what they want to do but do not budge off getting everything you want. Everyone for the Celtics is signed already. KG signed a 3 year deal, Doc a 5 year deal and PP signed a an extension a few years ago. The C's owe them NOTHING...either show up ready to play or retire or find another team off waivers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

I read some place KG's got a second home out in LA. It only makes sense he'd like to play another year in LA and be home every night with his family. Doc. I don't know Doc's motivation. But, if he doesn't want to be here thats understoods. He's got kids in the game and family in Fla. 

Getting the feeling that Doc and KG's work here is done and I for one hope them well and hope things workout for the best. 

PP is from LA, if he wanted to go home I am happy for him. At this phase of his career its not about the money, its about happiness. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

and you have a rebuild made  by draft day. !!! I don't think so...

C- Jordan  

PF- Bass  (I see Sully starting) 

SF- Green

SG- Bradley    

PG- Rondo

This team finishes last or near last in the East

No backcourt scoring.  No front court scoring.

Rondo will need to be traded for an All Star caliber PF. 

We will need a scoring SG with Bradley coming off the bench as a sparkplus 6th man.

Highly unlikely that picks #16 and #19 would start and even make a meaningful contribution in year 1.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I don't believe anyone trusts Ainge at this point. KG probably wants to come back but he probably knows Ainge will buyout PP. Doc doesn't want to coach unless KG is here and if KG retires now Doc is coaching a team without KG and PP. So everyone is ready to jump ship now. Ainge doesn't have to do a thing. Just put out feelers that Doc isn't coming back and start interviewing coaches. The Clippers will start panicking if they aren't given permission to talk to Doc and I bet they come up off Bledsoe at that point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

This is a great trade. Getting rid of Doc and getting a young center and a first round pick in return.

Do it, Danny.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

This team finishes last or near last in the East

No backcourt scoring.  No front court scoring.

Rondo will need to be traded for an All Star caliber PF. 

We will need a scoring SG with Bradley coming off the bench as a sparkplus 6th man.

Highly unlikely that picks #16 and #19 would start and even make a meaningful contribution in year 1.  

I thought we were trying for a top pick next year to quicken the rebuild?

[/QUOTE]

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/228206/Rockets-Wouldnt-Allow-McHale-To-Leave-For-Celtics

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

that's too bad. mchale deserves to have the C's job after delivering KG.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4413148. Show user_4413148's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I do Jordan straight up for Garnett. And I do Doc straight up for one first round pick.  Anything else is gravy.   PP is another story.

I believe Garnett retires if the deal doesn't get done WITH Doc.  and with PP moving on, Doc doesn't want to stay in Boston.  and Doc is not the right guy, especially at $7M per to develop young talent and he has made it clear that he doesn't want to rebuild a team... 

Jordan makes a decent short term starting C, still with upside and a great eventual backup if not.     

No. Jordan sucks and his contract is even worse. Then you get a pick near the end of the draft. Horrible. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to user_4413148's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

No. Jordan sucks and his contract is even worse. Then you get a pick near the end of the draft. Horrible. 

What makes you think the pick will be near the end of the draft?

We had KG all year and barely finished over .500.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Hire a coach
    KG will probably retire
    Buy out PP

Move on from this. Don't take on anymore thebad contracts just let KG and PP do what they want to do but do not budge off getting everything you want. Everyone for the Celtics is signed already. KG signed a 3 year deal, Doc a 5 year deal and PP signed a an extension a few years ago. The C's owe them NOTHING...either show up ready to play or retire or find another team off waivers.

I agree, the Celts hold the cards.  Get what you want, don't make a deal just to make a deal.  If KG and PP retiere/leave because this deal falls through then DA will have salary cap relief.  I think Jordan is slightly better than Perk -- is that worth $10 mil. a year?  I am not sure.  The Clips' first round pick will be a late one too.  Butler is a throw in, a one year fix.  I'd be fine with DA saying "...you know what Clips, thanks but no thanks."  Some contender will want Doc over the next three years.    

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Hire a coach
    KG will probably retire
    Buy out PP

I agree, the Celts hold the cards.  Get what you want, don't make a deal just to make a deal.  If KG and PP retiere/leave because this deal falls through then DA will have salary cap relief.  I think Jordan is slightly better than Perk -- is that worth $10 mil. a year?  I am not sure.  The Clips' first round pick will be a late one too.  Butler is a throw in, a one year fix.  I'd be fine with DA saying "...you know what Clips, thanks but no thanks."  Some contender will want Doc over the next three years.    

Yes...Celts are in drivers seat....hold for jordan, bledsoe, and two first round picks..
    Bledsoe makes Rondo expendable or FLIP him to UtAH FOR A BIG...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/06/16/doc-rivers-kevin-garnett-los-angeles-clippers-boston-celtics-trade-paul-pierce/2428819/

Clippers want to do a sgn/trade with Griffin/bledsoe for Howard...can't let that happen...

iF Clipps don't do this deal Paul walks on them...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to solich8's comment:

Agreed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I agree with walking away from the table. People keep talking about Jordan and a first rounder being such a steal. I don't see it at all.  Garnett for one year or even two is light years ahead of Jordan for two years.  Consider the twenty five minute Garnett version versus Jordan. There is no comparison.

A late round first with Danny picking is a crap shoot.

Doc the face of the franchise walking away for greener pastures after committing to the team for five years is very damaging to the Celtic brand.

Danny it is important that you croak the Clippers in this deal or this team loses status and playing ability as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4413148. Show user_4413148's posts

Doc walking away is irrelevant. Why would they want Doc when the next few drafts are stellar and they will be in tank mode. Highest paid coach to tank? Negative. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

Hire a coach
    KG will probably retire
    Buy out PP

Agree. DA better grow a pair or this may be his last transaction as the C's GM. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Hire a coach
    KG will probably retire
    Buy out PP

I strongly agree with your idea,  make or break for both team and if the proposal is unacceptable for both team then move on.....but never take another bad contract!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

This trade is looking worse all the time. Jordan and a draft pick for KG and Doc?  Jordan's contract sucks and how are he and Rondo in the starting lineup late in the 4th with their abysmal free throw shooting? Clips get to move over the hump and Celtics just get humped.

Get more or walk away.

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the UP button

Sections
Shortcuts