Forget the sexy choices hire Doug Collins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Forget the sexy choices hire Doug Collins

I say this because he is a good coach for a young team and he will play them. You won't see this nonsense of not letting players learn by doing. You won't get this out right refusal to play guys.

Doug also got a bad break. His GM got greedy, went for Bynum who didn't play a minute for them, lost him his best scorer and he was fired for it and he grromed Jrue Holiday into a solid point gaurd.

I saw forget Del Nogro and the rest. Hire Collins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Forget the sexy choices hire Doug Collins

Thats my pick as well...great coach

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Doug is just another micromanager that gets tunes after 6 months. X&Os guy but ke's worse than Pitino and look how that worked out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Collins would be a good hire.... and upgrade

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE

I'd agree that Collins would be a good choice....Jackie MacMullen just said on ESPN that the Celtics are not going to pay big time for a coach during a rebuilding project....she said that Danny might even take over for a year (or two?)...hire a coach that will develop the young guys by playing them...this team will be under no pressure to win in the next one to two years....the compensation for Doc is expected to be a #1 next year.....the Celtics have tried (unsucessfully) to trade Pierce for a #1...the expectation is that he will be moved at the trading deadline next season....the KG deal is expected to go down later on this summer....so it looks like the roster turnover has begun....I, for one, am ready for this....contend in another three years or so....the Celtics could turn into a contender for the long haul...good work Danny & Doc who reportedly did this in tandem...!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

THE DUKE

I'd agree that Collins would be a good choice....Jackie MacMullen just said on ESPN that the Celtics are not going to pay big time for a coach during a rebuilding project....she said that Danny might even take over for a year (or two?)...hire a coach that will develop the young guys by playing them...this team will be under no pressure to win in the next one to two years....the compensation for Doc is expected to be a #1 next year.....the Celtics have tried (unsucessfully) to trade Pierce for a #1...the expectation is that he will be moved at the trading deadline next season....the KG deal is expected to go down later on this summer....so it looks like the roster turnover has begun....I, for one, am ready for this....contend in another three years or so....the Celtics could turn into a contender for the long haul...good work Danny & Doc who reportedly did this in tandem...!

Lawrence Franks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Franks would be good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Franks would be good.

Just as a guy to hold the seat while we stink the place up a few years.

IF we rebuild quicker than average AND Frank has done a bang uo job with leeser talent then he stays. Otherwise he'd just be a stop gap, CHEAP option to help the young guys learn the NBA robes and hold the seat for your next GOOD coach.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Well that's why Doug Collins is the logical choice. He developed young talent in Charlotte and Philly only to have ownership or the GM ruin both situations. We just need him for two or three years while we rebuild. IF Danny feels he can run the team once they are ready to contend then so be it. if not get someone else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Doug Collins is a great choice but only if Rondo is Gone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I think Doug Collins would be a great choice. He seems to have a way with young Black players, a quality many older White coaches simply do not have. I hope no one is offended by this, because it is not only true, it is relevant to the discussion of the current Celtics situation.

I think Doug Collins might be the perfect guy to get through to Rajon Rondo. And the perfect guy to develop young players into true professionals. That team in Philly was really impressive , not just for the collection of young talent , but for the way they played together as a team and showed respect for each other, their opponents, the referees , the media, the NBA itself.

Doug Collins is a very special person. He is a great mentor of young men and has a proven ability to relate to and gain the trust of young Black players. He creates a family atmosphere much in the same way Mark Jackson did this season with Golden State.

While I think George Karl would be the very best coach for the Celtics, I think Doug Collins, because of his age, might be willing to come in for two years and agree to play all the young players, agree to absorb losses for the greater long term good of the Celtics franchise.