Forget trading Rondo; when does he get back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Forget trading Rondo; when does he get back?

Never in a million years would the Celtics get real value for Rondo. Big question is, when does he get back in uniform? I can see a brand new team! I think a lot of people have forgotten how good Rondo was before going down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Forget trading Rondo; when does he get back?

I definitely haven't (despite my trade ideas)!

Rondo is an elite PG in my mind. Its hard to rank, but its easier to class. He is definitely in a class right now with Parker, Paul, Rose, Westbrook and I'd include Curry. The second tier holds Irving, Conley, Lillard, Williams, Lawson, Holiday, and Wall. Then there's a third tier of guys like Hill, Lin, Vasquez, Jennings, Bledsoe, Calderone.

Really that first tier is starting to get crowded and I'm sure there will eventually be some separation. I expect Irving to jump into that first group this year with games like that 40+ point game he had last night. It'll be easier to judge at the end of the year when we see a healthy Rondo, Rose and Westbrook. Really, I'd pick any of the guys in that first tier to start a franchise around (if we disregard age). All bring a slightly different aspect to the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Back to your original question, I think its clear that it'll be December. I think mid December. If you look at the schedule, people are hopeful that Rondo returns in time for the stretch of three games that matter the most, Knicks, Nets, Clippers. However, there is that ESPN national broadcast game at home verses the Nuggets on the 6th. That would be ideal if I were Rondo.

However, timelines usually slip and Stevens may want a less exciting reentrance for Rondo. If that's the case, it may be closer to December 21 for the Wizzards game. 

My guess is some time during that home game stretch between the Clippers on the 11th and Wizzards on the 21st

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

hopefully Rondo won't be back for a while - we are still figuring out how to be a lottery-bound team....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

hopefully Rondo won't be back for a while - we are still figuring out how to be a lottery-bound team....

A lottery pick will be doubtful but a great just outside lottery grab will be possible considering our trade 1st round picks. and we keep our present best talent!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

It will be fun when Rondo comes back.

Does Crawford then become the 2 guard?

I would rather see Crawford as the backup point guard.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to heirplain's comment:

A lottery pick will be doubtful but a great just outside lottery grab will be possible considering our trade 1st round picks. and we keep our present best talent!

Celts will be lottery bound.

You're saying the Celts will be outside the lottery?

If that's the case then what you're saying is the Celts will miss the playoffs.

Every team that misses the playoffs ends up having a lottery pick.

Fierce, Forget the babbling.. If the team gets a 7 or 8 spot, depending on record they could get a PP type of pick. Considering that this years draft is really deep the Celtics could make the playoffs, still score well in the draft and  keep their present talent which I think is great!

You seem to have a defeatest argumentive attitude ..most of us here have a positive outlook and confidence in our team.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Nobody in his right mind is thinking "tanking" and lottery. Remeber Duncan? Weren't the odds like 2-1? To depend on the lottery is the height of stupidity.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

Nobody in his right mind is thinking "tanking" and lottery. Remeber Duncan? Weren't the odds like 2-1? To depend on the lottery is the height of stupidity.

We are due for a win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Never in a million years would the Celtics get real value for Rondo. Big question is, when does he get back in uniform? I can see a brand new team! I think a lot of people have forgotten how good Rondo was before going down.

the problem is that you assume that rondo has no real known value.  he is booked 25 (TWENTY FIVE) million over the next two years!!!  he's not worth that on his best day!

he's never played out from under the shielding (shielding his STINK of not being able to shoot easy open shots or free throws) wing of pierce, garnett, allen.  when he gets back you will see that minus the offensive weapons known as garnett, pierce, rondo will HAVE to play more of a role in the offense- a responsibility that he has shirked his whole career.

MANY on this board claimed "we don't need rondo to score 18 a night".  well, yes we did.  our core guys got old and rondo got no better at scoring and actually spiked the team's tempo right into the ground to suit his statistical window-dressing act that became as ludicrous as ricky davis shooting at his own basket to get a triple double 10th rebound.  only rondo was padding up the box score every night to hide his stench.

NOW with no KG and Pierce to assure the conversion of 10 assists a night, rondo's assist numbers will be down and we are just rolling the dice that he has had some renaissance or sudden interest developed regarding shooting the ball and being a complete player.

we need to get rid of rondo so the team can move in a real direction for renewal.  it's very possible that IF we can get rondo back and dress him up for some showcasing that some idiot team who thinks they are on the brink and believes that this sulking brooding bastion of selfishness can help them, they might pull the trigger on a trade.  take what you can because 25 million over the next two years is twice what rondo is worth plus a few dollars.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

the problem is that you assume that rondo has no real known value.  he is booked 25 (TWENTY FIVE) million over the next two years!!!  he's not worth that on his best day!

he's never played out from under the shielding (shielding his STINK of not being able to shoot easy open shots or free throws) wing of pierce, garnett, allen.  when he gets back you will see that minus the offensive weapons known as garnett, pierce, rondo will HAVE to play more of a role in the offense- a responsibility that he has shirked his whole career.

MANY on this board claimed "we don't need rondo to score 18 a night".  well, yes we did.  our core guys got old and rondo got no better at scoring and actually spiked the team's tempo right into the ground to suit his statistical window-dressing act that became as ludicrous as ricky davis shooting at his own basket to get a triple double 10th rebound.  only rondo was padding up the box score every night to hide his stench.

NOW with no KG and Pierce to assure the conversion of 10 assists a night, rondo's assist numbers will be down and we are just rolling the dice that he has had some renaissance or sudden interest developed regarding shooting the ball and being a complete player.

we need to get rid of rondo so the team can move in a real direction for renewal.  it's very possible that IF we can get rondo back and dress him up for some showcasing that some idiot team who thinks they are on the brink and believes that this sulking brooding bastion of selfishness can help them, they might pull the trigger on a trade.  take what you can because 25 million over the next two years is twice what rondo is worth plus a few dollars.

"Sulking, brooding bastion of selfishness....."

No need to pull your punches, acie.

Tell us what you really think about our  superstar ASPG.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

Danny's not trading Rondo unless he gets a Kings Ransom. Since that rarely happens in the NBA Rondo is not likely getting traded. Which makes a big Rondo fan such as myself happy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

if, for whatever reason, you get offered a lottery pick and a reasonable point guard who can get the ball over half court under pressure and can distribute reasonably well, and who plays consistent, decent defense, then you do it.

anything else is a thanks but no thanks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that your idea of Rondo's "real value" is a bit inflated.

He'll turn 28 in 3 months. PGs start their decline at that age.

Rondo can't shoot, his defense has been declining, and his assist numbers are inflated because Doc had the offense flow through him. PG is the most overrated position in regard to importance.

Ainge denies that he wants to trade Rondo. The truth is PGs aren't in high demand. Minnesota is the only team that might offer the Cs anything of value. My idea of "true value" is the taking on of either Lee's or Wallace's contract. That is something the Knicks won't do and that speaks volumes.

Sections
Shortcuts