FOUR-PEAT IN DECEMBER!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

FOUR-PEAT IN DECEMBER!!!

BACK TO BACK TO BACK TO BACK!!!

6 DOWN 24 TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LAKERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

HAHAHA!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: FOUR-PEAT IN DECEMBER!!!

Why that loss to FC Barcelona was significant? It was a sign that the Lakers are not the great team Lakers trolls think they are. 

The Lakers gave up 109 points to a Rocket team without Yao and Brooks. And Laker trolls say the Lakers are a great defensive team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

If they keep it like this for the rest of the season they won't even make it to the finals. San Antonio or Dallas are going to murder them in the playoffss if they keep playing like this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Who would have thought that watching soccer games in Africa would cost the Lakers 6 games very early in the season.

HAHAHA!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

And they say the Lakers are good enough to win it all with only Gasol, Odom, and Bynum as the big men in the rotation. 

2. Pau’s hamstrings. He’s the player the Lakers can least avoid to lose right now withAndrew Bynum out for another two weeks at least (and probably at least 4-6 weeks away from regaining his rhythm and sometimes dominant form) so that little trip to the locker room at the end of the third quarter was pretty scary to see. He didn’t miss much game time, but he didn’t do much in the fourth quarter when he was out there either going 0-of 2 with two rebounds, slogging up and down the court and grabbing at his left hammy during breaks in the game. He missed 17 games last year because of the same injury. This could be bad. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Hahahaha they are almost 50%, this is way better then I ever hoped for !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pingkian. Show Pingkian's posts

yahooooo!!! thank god bynum is a fan of soccer hahahaha...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Lakers are just 5-6 since Theo got hurt. Losing record without Theo Ratliff, who would have thought. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

It feels good now living here in LA Faker land

Go Celtics

Celtic fan representing out here in LA

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

P34 you're taking a lot of delight in this :P

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Worthy,

Why not the obnoxious Laker fan intrusions here make them deserving of ridicule way beyond what is being done.  The Lakers are struggling playing the easiest schedule in the NBA thus far.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Am I happy with the way the Lakers are playing? No. Am I worried about the team righting the ship and returning to championship-caliber play? No.

They have plenty of time to get things on track again. Its December.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Why would we care what a Laker fan thinks?  Share it with a Laker fan somewhere else.  We only hope it gets worse.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: FOUR-PEAT IN DECEMBER!!!:
    [QUOTE]Why would we care what a Laker fan thinks?  Share it with a Laker fan somewhere else.  We only hope it gets worse.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    There are currently seven threads on the topic of the Lakers on this board's front page. I'd say Celtics fans have an interest in them, whether you personally do or not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The demise of the LA Lakers has been greatly exaggerated.  I can't stand that franchise, Phil Jackson or the colors purple and gold.  I like to see them falter and I like to question their bench. But they aren't done by a long shot. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers are just 5-6 since Theo got hurt. Losing record without Theo Ratliff, who would have thought. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Theo got hurt?  Major shocker there.  I think his knees just exploded and a million tiny shards of glass littered the Staples Center floor. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FOUR-PEAT IN DECEMBER!!! : There are currently seven threads on the topic of the Lakers on this board's front page. I'd say Celtics fans have an interest in them, whether you personally do or not.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

True, but go check out how many threads exist about the Celtics right now on the LA boards.

That argument goes both ways, Flobus.  Think LA isn't concerned about Beantown?  Gonna be a great NBA season on both coasts. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FOUR-PEAT IN DECEMBER!!! : True, but go check out how many threads exist about the Celtics right now on the LA boards. That argument goes both ways, Flobus.  Think LA isn't concerned about Beantown?  Gonna be a great NBA season on both coasts. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]
    It absolutely goes both ways. That's what makes the rivalry great.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Don't take any offense RUWorthy you are a terrific poster and a true fan of your team. Nobody is trying to stick it to you with this. They are directing it at these fake Laker fans who didn't even know who George Mikan was.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FOUR-PEAT IN DECEMBER!!! : It absolutely goes both ways. That's what makes the rivalry great.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Yep, no doubt.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chief16OZ. Show Chief16OZ's posts

Wishing ill-will to the despised LA squad?  Thats as petty as a lacker-collapse is delusional. Im a die hard celtics fan but come on people, the Lakers are still elite, provided either bynum or lama man is on the floor. Its true the 'angels' are struggling, but it probably wont last much longer.  And why waste our time-energy hoping for wacker injuries? Dont get me wrong, any championship won by going through LA is a reason to rejoice (depleted line-up or not) but wouldnt you rather kick their butts with them at full force? 

Injuries happen to every team but does lowering the level of competition make the nba season more entertaining? Not for me.

Go green.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Wishing ill-will to the despised LA squad?  Thats as petty as a lacker-collapse is delusional. Im a die hard celtics fan but come on people, the Lakers are still elite, provided either bynum or lama man is on the floor. Its true the 'angels' are struggling, but it probably wont last much longer.  And why waste our time-energy hoping for wacker injuries? Dont get me wrong, any championship won by going through LA is a reason to rejoice (depleted line-up or not) but wouldnt you rather kick their butts with them at full force?  Injuries happen to every team but does lowering the level of competition make the nba season more entertaining? Not for me. Go green.
    Posted by Chief16OZ[/QUOTE]

You're missing the point. The subject of this discussion is the arrogance of some of the Laker trolls on this board. Before the season started those trolls never admitted that the Lakers needed a 4th big in the rotation. They kept insisting that the Lakers only need Gasol, Bynum, and Odom for the entire season and playoffs. 

This is not wishing ill-will on the Lakers, this is just reminding the trolls on this board that it was a mistake to sign Theo Ratliff and every NBA team needs at least 4 big men on the 12-man roster. 

Right now the Lakers are basically playing 2 bigs every game. The result is Pau Gasol now has a sore hamstring and is day to day. That's not wishing ill-will, that's just the price you pay for not having enough bigs and believing you can get away with it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chief16OZ. Show Chief16OZ's posts

ah, I see said the blind man.  Thanks for posting P34. 

Well, in the wackers defense those three bigs were enough for LA last year, even with Bynum running at half-speed (god it hurts to write that!). But I see your point, and I agree with you, ownership, and fans, were probably overestimating the reach of their bigs if they feel they still match up better, or even equally, with the Celtics bigs.  The question for us green-men is still about health. Will everyone be available, including all four + celtic bigs? If so, I really like our chances.

Still, there's only so much ownership can do to prevent the ship from capsizing when players go down. I mean the lakers people could call us idiotic for not having a legit back-up plan for a Pierce injury for example.  Even with QUis playing well and West hopefully returning, the loss of some players simply can not be compensated for with the limitations of the salary cap in place. Can/should we hold ownership responsible for being "un-prepared" when certain injuiries do occur and alter the fate of a given season? Not sure.

Have a great weekend.

Go Green.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]ah, I see said the blind man.  Thanks for posting P34.  Well, in the wackers defense those three bigs were enough for LA last year, even with Bynum running at half-speed (god it hurts to write that!). But I see your point, and I agree with you, ownership, and fans, were probably overestimating the reach of their bigs if they feel they still match up better, or even equally, with the Celtics bigs.  The question for us green-men is still about health. Will everyone be available, including all four + celtic bigs? If so, I really like our chances. Still, there's only so much ownership can do to prevent the ship from capsizing when players go down. I mean the lakers people could call us idiotic for not having a legit back-up plan for a Pierce injury for example.  Even with QUis playing well and West hopefully returning, the loss of some players simply can not be compensated for with the limitations of the salary cap in place. Can/should we hold ownership responsible for being "un-prepared" when certain injuiries do occur and alter the fate of a given season? Not sure. Have a great weekend. Go Green.
    Posted by Chief16OZ[/QUOTE]

The Lakers didn't only have Gasol, Bynum, and Odom last season, Josh Powell got 9.2 minutes per game and DJ Mbenga played 7.2 minutes per game for the Lakers last season. This season the Lakers signed Theo Ratliff to be the backup Center. When he got hurt the Lakers were left with Derrick Caracter. And even without Bynum, Caracter is only getting 6.8 minutes per game. What this all means is the Lakers had a better frontcourt last season.

If Pierce gets injured the Celtics will become a different team. Just like the Lakers are a different team without Kobe. Daniels is Pierce's backup, West is Ray's backup, and Nate is Rondo's backup. Ainge got the job done, it's just unfortunate that West got injured. 

Delonte got injured when he was driving for a layup. Gasol is hurting because of the Lakers not willing to spend money on another backup Center/PF. There's a big difference between a game related injury and getting injured because of playing too many minutes. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

"The subject of this discussion is the arrogance of some of the Laker trolls on this board. "

I think that statement is a bit overblown. The mods have eliminated much of that element on this board in recent months (the their credit-can't remember saying that before.)

I think RUWorthy is an excellent contributor and even Flobus has toned it down to a reasonable level. Lets not be as thin-skinned as the Lakers Lounge where you get removed for posting anything positive about the C's.....

Overall I think the Lakers posters add a nice element of balance this year without the annoyance of NO EXCUSESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAAAAAAAAAAAAA 20 % and LOADING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts