Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adco1212. Show adco1212's posts

Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Boston-Celtics-center-Shaqulle-ONeal-likely-out-rest-of-NBA-playoffs-042011

Can't exactly say I'm shocked.  At least now we can stop listening to the "Shaq's day to day", or "Shaq may play".  It was all BS...just like in '09 when the team pulled the same smokescreen with KG's injury. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs

I am not really surprised and thought that it was very possible that Shaq wouldn't play for the remainder of the season.  Also wouldn't be surprised if he does indeed retire.   I would really miss him if he does indeed retire.  Can't think of another Celtics player in recent history that has been such a big influence in the community.    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

So would this be another excuse if the Cs would not win a title this year?...  Shaping up to be like one...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Shaq is going to be missed if this is true. I don't think most of the fans were counting on his return anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

The Eagle Tribune report is the basis of every sports channel's story on Shaq's injury. If the Tribune has it right then the Celtics owe it to the fans, if not for any other reason for those who spend a great of money to see the games, to either deny there is no decision and/or admit what was supposedly told as a "unamed source". It's amazing that all the high end media source groups are relying on the Eagle Tribune from Lawrence and not some one from their own staff.

My bet is that there is serious concern that Shaq will recover in time, however no one has given up hope. Even if it was to come in for 10 minutes in Game #7 in the finals to knock Kobe into the Pacific Ocean. Just kidding Kobe!! Seriously, with the final still 6 to 7 weeks off, let's not write Shaq off until the Celtics come out with an official statement.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs:
    The Eagle Tribune report is the basis of every sports channel's story on Shaq's injury. If the Tribune has it right then the Celtics owe it to the fans, if not for any other reason for those who spend a great of money to see the games, to either deny there is no decision and/or admit what was supposedly told as a "unamed source". It's amazing that all the high end media source groups are relying on the Eagle Tribune from Lawrence and not some one from their own staff. My bet is that there is serious concern that Shaq will recover in time, however no one has given up hope. Even if it was to come in for 10 minutes in Game #7 in the finals to knock Kobe into the Pacific Ocean. Just kidding Kobe!! Seriously, with the final still 6 to 7 weeks off, let's not write Shaq off until the Celtics come out with an official statement.
    Posted by CeltsSox

Of course you're making a HUGE assumption that the Celtics will still be playing in 6 or 7 weeks. I don't see them getting by Miami OR Chicago without Shaq in the lineup. Of course, that's also assuming THEY keep playng too. But I like their chances better than Bostons.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/245/shaquille-oneal

You guys should follow my posts a little closer..... he's ok

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

jtkl has a post shaq is improving and you guys read Fox news.... I mean c'mon Fox.....

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/245/shaquille-oneal

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In Response to Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs:
    In Response to Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs : Of course you're making a HUGE assumption that the Celtics will still be playing in 6 or 7 weeks. I don't see them getting by Miami OR Chicago without Shaq in the lineup. Of course, that's also assuming THEY keep playng too. But I like their chances better than Bostons.
    Posted by Qdaddy

Actually, the assumption is that Los Minnasota Lakers make it to the finals. They may not make it out of the first round. Ouch!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/245/shaquille-oneal You guys should follow my posts a little closer..... he's ok
    Posted by Getzo

Yeah, I like yours better!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

So would this be another excuse if the Cs would not win a title this year?...  Shaping up to be like one...
    Posted by Aslanb0ynn

No excuses....I mean it's not like lakers fans ever used not having Bynum in 2008 as an excuse, is it?  I mean, that would make lakers fans hypocrites!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Doc is quoted as saying that Shaq may play on Sunday in New York...I think Doc is a little closer to the real situation and the truth than ESPN or Fox or anybody else other than his doctors and trainers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Eldunker,
    I would love to find out that you were right, but it really doesn't feel that way at all.  Doc wants people to leave him alone and allow him to coach. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

It's coming from an outfit that is aligned with Fox News? I'm not sure I'd believe what they are saying in regards to Shaq. If it comes in from several other decent sources then I'd probably believe it then.

But not if it's just being reported by Fox Sports. They're reporting is terrible in Australia and I'm pretty sure it'd be identical in the United States.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Fox Sports report is mere speculation. The most reliable sources remain to be Shaq himself and the Celtics team doctors.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

Well, if Fox is reporting it, then I'd say Shaq will be back Friday night and play 48 minutes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In Response to Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Boston-Celtics-center-Shaqulle-ONeal-likely-out-rest-of-NBA-playoffs-042011 Can't exactly say I'm shocked.  At least now we can stop listening to the "Shaq's day to day", or "Shaq may play".  It was all BS...just like in '09 when the team pulled the same smokescreen with KG's injury. 
    Posted by adco1212

Doc said KG would have played in the ECF against the Cavs if we advanced.

Also the link is dead 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

In Response to Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs : Of course you're making a HUGE assumption that the Celtics will still be playing in 6 or 7 weeks. I don't see them getting by Miami OR Chicago without Shaq in the lineup. Of course, that's also assuming THEY keep playng too. But I like their chances better than Bostons.
    Posted by Qdaddy

Qdaddy, since you took the time to comment, I'll offer you a return response. What I like about you is that you are consistent and very loyal to your Lakers.

With that said, we can't blame the good folks in Los Angeles for the fact that the Lakers will always carry the stigma of being confused about LA and Minneapolis, whether Anaheim is or is not located in Los Angeles, and whether one of the all time great players, Elgin Baylor, was actually  a Laker. It's not his fault that he is honest about the Minneapolis issue. Speaking about honesty, we also can't blame you guys for the blemish a great franchise has on its record in allowing Phil Jackson to become the self proclaimed "best coach". Phil offers the kids in LA a great lesson on how to step on a great friend in Doug Collins in order to earn the right to carry Michael's bags when Michael was ready for stardom, and/or how to rid yourself of an aging partner in life  in order to use an innocent boss' daughter in order to use Kobe and Shaq to earn him more "jewels".

We may not win this year Qdaddy, however we are all proud to be Boston Celtics fans. A franchise and city that only claim NBA championships that the city actually won!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

CeltSox, your comments are hilarious. It's always fun to visit the board and come across posts that belong at Comedy Central for their lack of substance, logic, and relevance to b-ball.

Let me be clear, there are quite of few posters here that are knowledgeable about the game. Such posters primarly focus on the merits of the NBA and don't get into personal attacks laced with distorted information.

I do hope that Shaq is able to come back. I'm not certain what 2 teams will make it to the championship level but I would like to see a healthy Celtic team, as well as healthy NBA teams for the entire playoffs.

Shaq's primary motivation for not retiring was to get-back at Kobe for last season's comments about having one more ring than the Daddy. His ego couldn't stomach that primary fact. And so he chose the Boston Celtics to try and piggy back a title since Shaq had burned bridges in Orlando, L.A., & Miami, teams he was hoping would give him a call. A call did come but it was Atlanta and Shaq wanted no part of the Hawks, believing they had no chance of winning a title.

So Shaq called the Boston Celtics. And vola, the Boston fans fell in love with his shtick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

CeltSox, your comments are hilarious. It's always fun to visit the board and come across posts that belong at Comedy Central for their lack of substance, logic, and relevance to b-ball. Let me be clear, there are quite of few posters here that are knowledgeable about the game. Such posters primarly focus on the merits of the NBA and don't get into personal attacks laced with distorted information. I do hope that Shaq is able to come back. I'm not certain what 2 teams will make it to the championship level but I would like to see a healthy Celtic team, as well as healthy NBA teams for the entire playoffs. Shaq's primary motivation for not retiring was to get-back at Kobe for last season's comments about having one more ring than the Daddy. His ego couldn't stomach that primary fact. And so he chose the Boston Celtics to try and piggy back a title since Shaq had burned bridges in Orlando, L.A., & Miami, teams he was hoping would give him a call. A call did come but it was Atlanta and Shaq wanted no part of the Hawks, believing they had no chance of winning a title. So Shaq called the Boston Celtics. And vola, the Boston fans fell in love with his shtick.
    Posted by LakerFan67

Sounds like what I say after visiting the LA Times......or having a chat with one of my students........or a fellow teacher.........or a neighbor.....or listening to Mason and Ireland in the afternoon............yeah, love those lakers fans.....someone actually said NOH would take Odom and Artest for Chris Paul, because the lakers need a point guard, and he's the best!!

Yep, your window is closing.  You may win this year, but then it's all downhill for the next 3 years at least, as selfish koME takes up half the salary cap all by himself!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

CeltSox, your comments are hilarious. It's always fun to visit the board and come across posts that belong at Comedy Central for their lack of substance, logic, and relevance to b-ball. Let me be clear, there are quite of few posters here that are knowledgeable about the game. Such posters primarly focus on the merits of the NBA and don't get into personal attacks laced with distorted information. I do hope that Shaq is able to come back. I'm not certain what 2 teams will make it to the championship level but I would like to see a healthy Celtic team, as well as healthy NBA teams for the entire playoffs. Shaq's primary motivation for not retiring was to get-back at Kobe for last season's comments about having one more ring than the Daddy. His ego couldn't stomach that primary fact. And so he chose the Boston Celtics to try and piggy back a title since Shaq had burned bridges in Orlando, L.A., & Miami, teams he was hoping would give him a call. A call did come but it was Atlanta and Shaq wanted no part of the Hawks, believing they had no chance of winning a title. So Shaq called the Boston Celtics. And vola, the Boston fans fell in love with his shtick.
    Posted by LakerFan67

LakerFan67, I understand your thoughts and appreciate your defense of your Lakers and your city. However, if Laker fan folks want to enter a Boston site to offer the type of comments that some offer, than I suggest they enter with thick skins. I promise you that I would never enter the LA Times site and offer the type of comments that the posters here have endured from the Lakers fans, nor would I even offer the comments in my post. On the other hand, there is nothing distorted or non-factual in my original posting. However, they are tame compared to Phil Jackson's consistent public attacks on Red Auerbach. Not to mention Phil's quick shot at Doc Rivers by proclaiming Doc can now always claim his starting five never lost a playoff series. If you think that shows character, than so be it. I can assure you Doc would never stoop that low. Doc leads the league in class and character and Phil was well aware that Doc was emotional about agreeing to trade Perk.

My only regret in reaching the point that I did in offering a defensive reply to certain Laker fans who have invaded this site with venum in their hearts is that I probably offended Qdaddy, Flobus, and folks like you that may have good intentions. That was not my intent as I actually have enjoyed the light hearted jabs with Qdaddy, Flobus, and respectful friends from the West Coast. However, there are those that the great Chick Hearn would hardly call good representatives of the Laker fandom.

Let the games begin, the best team win, and let's respect each other's home base to either celebrate or cry with our own!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs :
    Posted by Qdaddy

Riiiight. Don't be shocked if the LOS ANGELES Lakers sweep the Hornets in New Orleans.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

When Shaq went out after 5 minutes like someone shot him on the leg you have to know its over.  The bs they are feeding us is to give the other teams something else to possibly worry about.  Shaq is done.   This means JON is the man.  and we need some minutes from someone else othe than BBD at the 5 spot to step up. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs : Qdaddy, since you took the time to comment, I'll offer you a return response. What I like about you is that you are consistent and very loyal to your Lakers. With that said, we can't blame the good folks in Los Angeles for the fact that the Lakers will always carry the stigma of being confused about LA and Minneapolis, whether Anaheim is or is not located in Los Angeles, and whether one of the all time great players, Elgin Baylor, was actually  a Laker. It's not his fault that he is honest about the Minneapolis issue. Speaking about honesty, we also can't blame you guys for the blemish a great franchise has on its record in allowing Phil Jackson to become the self proclaimed "best coach". Phil offers the kids in LA a great lesson on how to step on a great friend in Doug Collins in order to earn the right to carry Michael's bags when Michael was ready for stardom, and/or how to rid yourself of an aging partner in life  in order to use an innocent boss' daughter in order to use Kobe and Shaq to earn him more "jewels". We may not win this year Qdaddy, however we are all proud to be Boston Celtics fans. A franchise and city that only claim NBA championships that the city actually won!!!
    Posted by CeltsSox

CeltsSox, we're not confused about our identity. We know who we are and our history. This great country started (from most caucasian's view) on the east coast and worked it's way west. Of course people from MY ancestry know California's history from Spain's rule and how they settled the west using the missionaries. Los Angeles grew into a metropolis and people like the O'Malley's moved their franchise out west. The only professional sports teams that originated in the L.A. metro area are the Angels, Kings and Ducks. It's not OUR fault that other's saw the L.A. area as lucrative and moved out here. And along with them, they brought their original championship trophies. That's why the Lakers "franchise" owns 16 (soon to be 17) NBA titles. We're proud of every one of them. Elgin actually only played in Minneapolis about one year and finished his career the season the Lakers won their first title in L.A. We still consider him one of the greatest L.A. Lakers ever.

As for Phil, yes we consider him the "greatest coach of all time". Let's not make Red out to be a saint. He had a LOT of fellow coaches and players who didn't like his arrogance. He's taken his fair share of potshots and Phil. And Doc...the guy who has constantly said "the Lakers have never beaten his starting 5". Please. We say the same thing. The C's haven't beaten the Lakers starting 5 cause as all of you know, Bynum was out with an injury in the '08 finals.

Please don't blame Phil because the Bull's management felt they were "underachieving". Phil and Tex Winter brought the triangle offense to Chicago, and with the same team Doug had, won 3 NBA titles and then 3 more. Michael Jordan probably would not have ONE title if Phil hadn't arrived. And you don't know the specifics of Phil's private life. You should just leave that one alone. Phil, Jeannie and Dr. Buss are all adults and they made their choices. Your own morals or anyone else's shouldn't concern Phil and Jeannie.

You guys can hate all you want, but the "rings" don't lie. Phil has taken over teams with millionaire superstars and transormed them into NBA champions. In today's NBA, I doubt seriously that Red could do that. But they come from different eras, so enjoy Red's accomplishments just like we (and Chicago area fans) have come to appreciate Phil.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Fox Sports Reporting Shaq most likely out for rest of Playoffs : LakerFan67, I understand your thoughts and appreciate your defense of your Lakers and your city. However, if Laker fan folks want to enter a Boston site to offer the type of comments that some offer, than I suggest they enter with thick skins. I promise you that I would never enter the LA Times site and offer the type of comments that the posters here have endured from the Lakers fans, nor would I even offer the comments in my post. On the other hand, there is nothing distorted or non-factual in my original posting. However, they are tame compared to Phil Jackson's consistent public attacks on Red Auerbach. Not to mention Phil's quick shot at Doc Rivers by proclaiming Doc can now always claim his starting five never lost a playoff series. If you think that shows character, than so be it. I can assure you Doc would never stoop that low. Doc leads the league in class and character and Phil was well aware that Doc was emotional about agreeing to trade Perk. My only regret in reaching the point that I did in offering a defensive reply to certain Laker fans who have invaded this site with venum in their hearts is that I probably offended Qdaddy, Flobus, and folks like you that may have good intentions. That was not my intent as I actually have enjoyed the light hearted jabs with Qdaddy, Flobus, and respectful friends from the West Coast. However, there are those that the great Chick Hearn would hardly call good representatives of the Laker fandom. Let the games begin, the best team win, and let's respect each other's home base to either celebrate or cry with our own!!!
    Posted by CeltsSox

Celts, nothing could be farther from the truth. First of all, I DO have thick skin. Secondly, I don't have venom in my heart. I (and a few others) offer a "counter balance" to some of the things that are said about the Lakers. Yeah, sometimes I'm in the mood to just banter (gotta be careful with the wording...Sybil's probably watching!) and other times I give my response a lot of thought. But most of the folks that I respond to are pretty good and seem to take what I say  with a grain of salt.

As I said before, Red and Doc aren't saints and I KNOW Phil isn't either. (I love it when he "tweaks" the NBA officials during the playoffs.) I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Sections
Shortcuts