Free agent bigs that we should target...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Free agent bigs that we should target...

DeAndre Jordan, Marc Gasol, Reggie Evans and yes Big Baby Davis.

If we can get 2 of these, Miami should start quaking!

My preference would be an S&T of Davis for Jordan or Gasol.

Jordan and Gasol would set us up well for years to come.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenyonwoods. Show kenyonwoods's posts

Re: Free agent bigs that we should target...

In Response to Free agent bigs that we should target...:
    DeAndre Jordan, Marc Gasol, Reggie Evans and yes Big Baby Davis. If we can get 2 of these, Miami should start quaking! My preference would be an S&T of Davis for Jordan or Gasol. Jordan and Gasol would set us up well for years to come.
    Posted by DaCeltics

Why would BBD agree to a sign and trade when he can sign with anyone he wants right now?  If you're targeting big men then let's get Dwight Howard.  If we can't get Howard then I would be happy with BBD coming back or Gasol.  I think Gasol's very under-rated.  Another big who could be availbale in the right deal is Kaman.  Maybe the Clips would trade us Kaman to recoup next years #1?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

DeAndre Jordan, Marc Gasol, Reggie Evans and yes Big Baby Davis. If we can get 2 of these, Miami should start quaking! My preference would be an S&T of Davis for Jordan or Gasol. Jordan and Gasol would set us up well for years to come.
    Posted by DaCeltics

I would love to see Deandre Jordan and Marc Gasol in green. Especially the way Jordan played against us and everyone else. He is fierce, Gasol will be  better than his brother.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

I like your paying attention to age and their value at this time.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

While things may change, right now both Gasol and Jordan are restricted Free Agents.  Any offer we can make (MLE) WILL be matched by their current teams.  In addition, there is a little problem called number of years.  We lost Posey and Allen because of years.  We will lose Davis (probably) because of years.  DA does not want any long term deals right now.

My choices for MUCH cheaper alternatives, before we make a run at DH next year (which is clearly what DA and Doc are going after):
    Davis (once he realizes how good he has it here and shuts up)
    Murphy - he is not as bad as he played last year - give him a full training camp
    Robin Lopez - word is he can be had from PHO, and he only makes 2.1 mill
    Aaron Gray - a great backup for us, he made about 1.2 last year
    Leon Powe - bring him back for vet min, and 2 years
    Erden - ditto for him!

Let us not forget Kwame Brown - good backup or Josh Powell- a banger!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Posted by DaCeltics

there is no way we get Jordan or Gasol for the money the Cs could offer.... come on  lets be realistic here

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Free agent bigs that we should target...:
    While things may change, right now both Gasol and Jordan are restricted Free Agents.  Any offer we can make (MLE) WILL be matched by their current teams.  In addition, there is a little problem called number of years.  We lost Posey and Allen because of years.  We will lose Davis (probably) because of years.  DA does not want any long term deals right now. My choices for MUCH cheaper alternatives, before we make a run at DH next year (which is clearly what DA and Doc are going after): Davis (once he realizes how good he has it here and shuts up) Murphy - he is not as bad as he played last year - give him a full training camp Robin Lopez - word is he can be had from PHO, and he only makes 2.1 mill Aaron Gray - a great backup for us, he made about 1.2 last year Leon Powe - bring him back for vet min, and 2 years Erden - ditto for him! Let us not forget Kwame Brown - good backup or Josh Powell- a banger!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Like the Aaron Gray and Robin L suggestions.... at least there is a chance at getting these guys.... no way we get Jordan or anyone else the poster suggested.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

While things may change, right now both Gasol and Jordan are restricted Free Agents.  Any offer we can make (MLE) WILL be matched by their current teams.  In addition, there is a little problem called number of years.  We lost Posey and Allen because of years.  We will lose Davis (probably) because of years.  DA does not want any long term deals right now. My choices for MUCH cheaper alternatives, before we make a run at DH next year (which is clearly what DA and Doc are going after): Davis (once he realizes how good he has it here and shuts up) Murphy - he is not as bad as he played last year - give him a full training camp Robin Lopez - word is he can be had from PHO, and he only makes 2.1 mill Aaron Gray - a great backup for us, he made about 1.2 last year Leon Powe - bring him back for vet min, and 2 years Erden - ditto for him! Let us not forget Kwame Brown - good backup or Josh Powell- a banger!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

good to see some of the fans are realistic in what the celts can do with the probable cash/cap space under the new CBA.

IMO, the team will be lucky to keep Green, Davis & West.

maybe add 1 or 2 guys for around a million/year or less after that.

Garnett
    Green
    Pierce
    Allen
    Rondo

bench
    Davis
    West
    O'Neal
    J. Johnson
    Pavlovic?
    Bradley
    Moore

3- NBA-D types

might be a better tean than last year, just because big fatty retired.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I believe that the Celts are looking at players that will take a 1-year deal.  I am pretty sure that Danny will try to keep the cap space open for the 2012 off season.  So I only see the following possibilities:

1)  BBD: Unless some team offers him a multi-year deal, the Celts may try to overpay him for 1-year and keep him as they have his rights.

Plus

2)  Jason Collins
    3)  Kwame Brown
    4)  Aaron Gray
    5)  Yao Ming
    6)  Dan Gadzuric
    7)  Joel Przybilla
    8)  Darius Songalia
    9)  Chris Wilcox
    10) Etan Thomas
    11) Josh Powell

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Free agent bigs that we should target... : I would love to see Deandre Jordan and Marc Gasol in green. Especially the way Jordan played against us and everyone else. He is fierce, Gasol will be  better than his brother.
    Posted by ojmega

Agree with you.  Both or either would be a great addition to the Celtics. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I would do whatever it takes to get DeAndre Jordan. The Clippers owner is a cheapskate, so it should be easy to do.
    Posted by Kirk6

Well, I wouldn't do whatever it takes, but I'd make him a 3 yr offer.  It's a waste of time,though.  They are trying to trade Kaman, and have said they will keep Jordan.  Someone will have to give him over the MLE, IMO, for Sterling to let him go!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Free agent bigs that we should target... : He would be worth it to the Celtics.
    Posted by Kirk6

I agree with you 100%  He would be perfect for us - just don't see it this year!

Sections
Shortcuts