Free Agent Centers

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Re: Free Agent Centers

Wow!  You really did your homework.  I should have looked at Nene a lot more.  Offhand, I like Marc Gasol.  It would be good if the Celtics could get either one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Oden has been tendered an 8.8 mill offer - MIA is out of that running.  Obviously Chandler, Dalembert and Nene are the three best.  Out of our price range.  Gasol and Jordan will both go back to their orig teams.

Fesenko - not bad.  I think Gray is the best fit for us right now, with Kwame as 3rd string.  Everyone else is too old, too brittle, or just plain stinks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

In Response to Re: Free Agent Centers:
    Oden has been tendered an 8.8 mill offer - MIA is out of that running.  Obviously Chandler, Dalembert and Nene are the three best.  Out of our price range.  Gasol and Jordan will both go back to their orig teams. Fesenko - not bad.  I think Gray is the best fit for us right now, with Kwame as 3rd string.  Everyone else is too old, too brittle, or just plain stinks!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Fair to say I really like Fesenko. He's like Perkins minus the techs, missed layup, bloacked dunks, ... ... ok he's not Kendrick Abdul-Jabbar. He's more explosive, more cost effective, more skilled and the bigger man. lol Plus he and Gray combined would be suprisingly formidible in the league!! I say go after them BOTH!!!

Loved Kwame out of hs but he's is bad karma to me haha.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

Love Jordan kid as well....

http://www.hoopsworld.com/story.asp?story_id=18192

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Gray and Brown would be fine with me. They wouldn't cost much, and i believe both could help the Celtics, especially Gray!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

Love Jordan kid as well.... http://www.hoopsworld.com/story.asp?story_id=18192
    Posted by PuPirate

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Lets get real....the outstanding centers in the NBA total.1...all these guys in the previous decade may see a few minutes..but only at the end of the game...These centers are at best average..most are below...... The overall talent of the NBA is average...suggestion.....Take away dunks and see what the players shooting averages are.......Thats why except for the finals ( unless you hate a player or team) no one watches.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Lets get real....the outstanding centers in the NBA total.1...all these guys in the previous decade may see a few minutes..but only at the end of the game...These centers are at best average..most are below...... The overall talent of the NBA is average...suggestion.....Take away dunks and see what the players shooting averages are.......Thats why except for the finals ( unless you hate a player or team) no one watches.....
    Posted by fishers5

And yet every team needs at least one.  Mavs didn't just win because of Dirk.  They won because MIA basically has no center.  With the exception of Da Bulls, no team has won without a legit center!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Free Agent Centers:
    Here is the list of free agent centers.........who do you like Nene, Denver Nuggets - $11.4 million – Unrestricted Marc Gasol , Memphis Grizzlies - $3.6 million – Restricted ($4.5 million Q.O.) Tyson Chandler, Dallas Mavericks - $12.6 million – Unrestricted Yao Ming , Houston Rockets - $17.7 million - Unrestricted Joel Przybilla, Charlotte Bobcats - $7.4 million – Unrestricted Samuel Dalembert, Sacramento Kings – $13.4 million - Unrestricted Greg Oden , Portland Trail Blazers - $6.8 million – Restricted ($8.8 million Q.O.) Spencer Hawes , Philadelphia 76ers - $3.0 million – Restricted ($4.1 million Q.O.) Tony Battie , Philadelphia 76ers - $1.4 million – Unrestricted Kyrylo Fesenko , Utah Jazz - $1.1 million - Unrestricted Erick Dampier , Miami Heat - $1.1 million - Unrestricted Jeff Foster , Indiana Pacers - $6.7 million - Unrestricted DeAndre Jordan, L.A. Clippers - $0.9 million – Restricted ($1.1 million Q.O.) Kurt Thomas, Chicago Bulls - $1.4 million – Unrestricted Francisco Elson , Utah Jazz - $1.1 million – Unrestricted Hilton Armstrong , Atlanta Hawks - $0.9 million - Unrestricted Aaron Gray , New Orleans Hornets - $0.9 million – Unrestricted Jamaal Magloire , Miami Heat - $1.4 million - Unrestricted Dan Gadzuric , New Jersey Nets - $7.2 million - Unrestricted Kwame Brown, Charlotte Bobcats - $1.3 million – Unrestricted Theo Ratliff , L.A. Lakers - $1.4 million - Unrestricted Etan Thomas , Atlanta Hawks - $1.2 million – Unrestricted Jason Collins , Atlanta Hawks - $1.2 million – Unrestricted Hamed Haddadi , Memphis Grizzlies - $1.8 million – Restricted ($2 million Q.O.) Alexis Ajinca, Toronto Raptors - $1.5 million – Unrestricted Eddy Curry - $11.3 million - Unrestricted
    Posted by damfuno

GREAT LIST, you got every single last scrub in there who has never done anything in the league.

did big fatty "the most hated man in boston" glen davis retire?  why isn't he even on the list just for f@rts and chuckles?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

on that list, the only two people likely to be affordable are aaron gray, maybe jeff foster.  and who knows if they want to come to boston.  kurt thomas sure doesn't, along with others on that list.  the rest of that list is way out of our $ league or not worth having.

oh, and there's that glen davis guy.  he might be worth having.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In Response to Free Agent Centers : GREAT LIST, you got every single last scrub in there who has never done anything in the league. did big fatty "the most hated man in boston" glen davis retire?  why isn't he even on the list just for f@rts and chuckles?
    Posted by aciemvp

Glen Davis is PF, not C.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

chandler and nene!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

ky says Gray and Brown, M8 says Brown and Gray, interesting. Just saying.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

Brown & Gray ... should go well with Green @ VM MLE = Crawford or David West BAE = Barea
    Posted by Mployee8

Fierce was right all along, you really did say David West and JJ Barea to the Celtics. Just saying.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I told you before who was the best free agent center in the Celtics price range:

DAN GADZURIC !

Of course he WAS overpaid but now he's unrestricted. I'd offer him $3M for 2 or 3 yrs and he'd be the perfect fit as part of a 2 HEADED MONSTER at center with JuJuan Johnson getting a few minute in the middle......

The other half of the 2 HEADED MONSTER in the middle ?

AARON GRAY OF COURSE ! (another perfect fit for the Celtics, he can give us AT LEAST what Semih Erden gave us - a solid 15 minutes in the middle - AARON GRAY is worth about $2M p/yr and would give the Celtics 3 young bodies in the middle , all at reasonable short money in case someone better becomes available......GADZURIC, GRAY, JOHNSON gives the Celtics a strong YOUNG ATHLETIC center position 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

Please NO Kwame

Gray & Fesenko.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59vBaDokVl0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z33m5MBavg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7ZczJdbplM&feature=related

The fesenko kidd is way better than Kwame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ocgvUrh4yU&feature=related

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Get  the Gasol brothers or at least the one in Menphis.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

on that list, the only two people likely to be affordable are aaron gray, maybe jeff foster.  and who knows if they want to come to boston.  kurt thomas sure doesn't, along with others on that list.  the rest of that list is way out of our $ league or not worth having. oh, and there's that glen davis guy.  he might be worth having.
    Posted by aciemvp

Are you talking about the guy that averaged 5 rebounds in 30 minutes a game and is 125th in the league rebound rate?  Behind Mike Miller and Matt Barnes? He's a center?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Depending upon the system in which they play, I do not regard Dalembert or Nene as the most talented of the group. I believe in the Celtics situation, which requires solid rebounding, defense and moderate scoring touch, Marc Gasol would do just fine. I wonder if we could afford to offer him 5-6 million (who knows what the mid-level exception salary will be with a new CBA). If we could afford it, I think it's a steal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I like them to get Gray Brown or Foster in that order.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

In Response to Re: Free Agent Centers : Whats wrong with that? You have nothing to lose in a shortened season offering the prorata MLE to West for the remainder of the season then he can resign a bigger deal as KG & RA come off the books or sign elsewhere ... who else ya gonna get to replace KG ? That also serves as incentive to Howard to consider the C's seriously. What's your idea cleptic? Arenas & Howard for KG & RA????
    Posted by Mployee8

Are you for real, man? David West walked away from 8.28m and you're telling us he will sign with the Celtics for the MLE. That's crapola!

David West is recovering from a season ending injury. Signing a one year deal is a huge risk. If he gets injured again he will never ever get another big contract. 

It's also crapola that David West will be Dwight Howard's incentive to join the Celtics. If we do it your way, David West signs a one year deal then asks for a bigger contract the next season, then no way will the Celtics be able to afford Dwight Howard. After the lockout it's going to be a hard cap or a flex cap for the 2012-13 season. Rondo is going to get 11m, Pierce is going to get 16m, how much will David West and Dwight Howard get?

The Celtics also need to get younger. It doesn't make sense if you replace a 36-year old KG in 2012 with a 32-year old David West. What are you thinking!

JJ Barea will never end up with the Celtics if you're just going to give him the Bi-annual. Just saying. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Free Agent Centers : Glen Davis is PF, not C.
    Posted by Fields4

in the last three years, glen davis has played some fantastic spot duty at the 5 and was our finishing center for the stretch of the regular season last year when the team was the most successful, if you watched last season at all

Sections
Shortcuts