Fresh breed of Trolls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Fresh breed of Trolls

Easy to spot,multiple post,trash talking and generally ignorant babble. Thay're idiots please do not respond. The last infestation ruined this board. They're just the same pitiful pre teens that want to spew.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: Fresh breed of Trolls

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Easy to spot,multiple post,trash talking and generally ignorant babble. Thay're idiots please do not respond. The last infestation ruined this board. They're just the same pitiful pre teens that want to spew.

+ 100x

The non-response technique is probably the only way to truly deter them from their self-assigned and self-aggrandizing task to attempt to hijack every topic as often as possible.  I've been espousing this for a while knowing that being ignored is hard on the young.  The straight-up supporters of other team, those who identify themselves as such, do add something to conversations, but the rabid haters do little else but end forthright and interesting discourse on all things Celtics and in turn bring out extreme, overstated arguments from the board's regulars.  We all don't have to agree, and it's actually more lively when we don't; however, what is not needed are trolls that seek their few minutes in this minor limelight.  I would term them "pathetic trolls", as they must not have much else going for them in their puny, mundane lives.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrecksryan. Show wrecksryan's posts

Agreed...but...do you think that some posters here are extremely myopic when it comes to their views...I've been reading some of these posts and it seems certain posters cannot deal with anyone questioning various players...such as Rajon Rondo....I mean, shouldn't EVERY opinion be granted a fair hearing?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to wrecksryan's comment:

[QUOTE]

Agreed...but...do you think that some posters here are extremely myopic when it comes to their views...I've been reading some of these posts and it seems certain posters cannot deal with anyone questioning various players...such as Rajon Rondo....I mean, shouldn't EVERY opinion be granted a fair hearing?

[/QUOTE]

I hope I'm not in that categoy. I do not hold any beliefs in absolute. I like Rondo, think he is a franchise PG and would take him over all but 3 others in this league right now. However, I am certainly open to honest critiques and ideas to make our TEAM better.

What really gets me is ignorant opinion presented as fact. Like, to say Rondo isn't an all-star is just intellectually dishonest. To say that his amazing triple-double stats are not the best indication of his value as a player, is debatable. I respect all honest and thoughtful opinions as long as they are based in some sort of reality.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What really gets me is ignorant opinion presented as fact. Like, to say Rondo isn't an all-star is just intellectually dishonest. To say that his amazing triple-double stats are not the best indication of his value as a player, is debatable. I respect all honest and thoughtful opinions as long as they are based in some sort of reality.

[/QUOTE]

First there is no such thing as an ignorant opinion. That is an indication of your intolerance to  differences in opinions contrary to your own.  

Complaining about posters who do not think Rondo is a legit all star... If you are referring to me, I made it clear that my "subjective" personal assessment by my criteria, was that Rndo was a borderline all star.  When you mention his triple doubles, you do not add his glaring weaknesses.  IMO There are 9 players with better ALL AROUND games than Rondo, not 3.  Paul, Westbrook, Parker, Curry, Rose, Wall, Irving, Lillard, Hill.  If the 10th best is an all star in your book, then so be it.  

and What about when you accuse people that have a different opinion of Rondo - as Rondo "haters"?  Is that opinion based on fact and reality? No. I think Rondo is grossly over-rated. I don't think he is good for the team. I want to see him traded.  Do I "hate" him?  Of course not.  That my friend, is an ignorant accusation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to painter's comment:

+ 100x

The non-response technique is probably the only way to truly deter them from their self-assigned and self-aggrandizing task to attempt to hijack every topic as often as possible.  I've been espousing this for a while knowing that being ignored is hard on the young.  The straight-up supporters of other team, those who identify themselves as such, do add something to conversations, but the rabid haters do little else but end forthright and interesting discourse on all things Celtics and in turn bring out extreme, overstated arguments from the board's regulars.  We all don't have to agree, and it's actually more lively when we don't; however, what is not needed are trolls that seek their few minutes in this minor limelight.  I would term them "pathetic trolls", as they must not have much else going for them in their puny, mundane lives.  

AKA...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

From what I can tell this board has become a cesspool, too bad. The folks that have arrived in the last month or two obviously got lobotomies when they got their new screen names. 

Hopefully it will get better when the season starts. 

I'm surprised folks even respond to these folks, you can't reason with someone with the brain the size of a pea.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"First there is no such thing as an ignorant opinion."

There absolutely is such a thing. 

If you get out of bed and start venting spleen every day, I'm not interested in your stream of consiousness whatever. 

Nothing is more harmful than the idea in America today that whatever pops out of someone's mouth or into a chat room has value or relevance. 

We should earn our opinions by thinking, reading, re-thinking, listening to other viewpoints, examining our own biases, and then speaking out based on not only our convictions but the best information we have.

Of course when you pick a screen name that resembles the words bunng and hole, that is not a good sign as to your intellectual rigor..... 

There are folks who disagree with me on this forum who come up with very good arguments. To my recollection you have done that on a number of occasions. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Fbomb fraud Fury is back. He's actually entertaining because he's a dinkus.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:

Fbomb fraud Fury is back. He's actually entertaining because he's a dinkus.

What is the plural of dinkus?

Dinki maybe?

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Good one Pud. I like the enthusiasm.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

First there is no such thing as an ignorant opinion. That is an indication of your intolerance to  differences in opinions contrary to your own.  

Have to disagree with you there.  Its very annoying hearing people state something obviously incorrect and couch it with..well thats my opinion..

Such as, the Celtics won the NBA championship last season....thats my opinion anyway, you may have your own opinion...   another extreme example is ROndo is a top 10 PG

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Complaining about posters who do not think Rondo is a legit all star... If you are referring to me, I made it clear that my "subjective" personal assessment by my criteria, was that Rndo was a borderline all star.  When you mention his triple doubles, you do not add his glaring weaknesses.  IMO There are 9 players with better ALL AROUND games than Rondo, not 3.  Paul, Westbrook, Parker, Curry, Rose, Wall, Irving, Lillard, Hill.  If the 10th best is an all star in your book, then so be it.  

and What about when you accuse people that have a different opinion of Rondo - as Rondo "haters"?  Is that opinion based on fact and reality? No. I think Rondo is grossly over-rated. I don't think he is good for the team. I want to see him traded.  Do I "hate" him?  Of course not.  That my friend, is an ignorant accusation.

[/QUOTE]

yes there is. "the Earth is flat" is an ignorant opinion. Ignorance is not the same as stupidity.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

You need to know the definition of opinion.  An opinion isn't a mis-statement about fats...like the earth is flat.  

"Definition of opinion: an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective, i.e. based on that which is less than absolutely certain, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. What distinguishes fact from opinion is that facts are verifiable, i.e. can be objectively proven to have occurred." Opinions are subjective and therefore not verifyable.

So to state an opinion that Rondo is the third best or tenth best PG in the NBA are eaually valid opinions.

To state an opinion that Rondo is 6'10" is not an ignorant opinion.  It is not even an opinion. It is a mis-statement of facts. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Who cares !

Let the games begin , when and where is training cam[ happening this year ? Are they going to Romo again this year ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]Easy to spot,multiple post,trash talking and generally ignorant babble. Thay're idiots please do not respond. The last infestation ruined this board. They're just the same pitiful pre teens that want to spew.

[/QUOTE]

And...why does every topic seem to be a RR issue....like your post.

I agree with painter!

I agree to disagree . Let the RR issue go PLEASE! It's redundant and frankly tiring!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

You need to know the definition of opinion.  An opinion isn't a mis-statement about fats...like the earth is flat.  

"Definition of opinion: an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective, i.e. based on that which is less than absolutely certain, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. What distinguishes fact from opinion is that facts are verifiable, i.e. can be objectively proven to have occurred." Opinions are subjective and therefore not verifyable.

So to state an opinion that Rondo is the third best or tenth best PG in the NBA are eaually valid opinions.

To state an opinion that Rondo is 6'10" is not an ignorant opinion.  It is not even an opinion. It is a mis-statement of facts. 

Ignorant means "lacking knowledge". So any opinion given that lacks knowledge is an ignorant opinion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:

[QUOTE]In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

[QUOTE]Easy to spot,multiple post,trash talking and generally ignorant babble. Thay're idiots please do not respond. The last infestation ruined this board. They're just the same pitiful pre teens that want to spew.

[/QUOTE]

And...why does every topic seem to be a RR issue....like your post.

I agree with painter!

I agree to disagree . Let the RR issue go PLEASE! It's redundant and frankly tiring!

[/QUOTE]

It's stunning how much people get worked up about Rondo. I cannot figure it out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from flospanksthespanker. Show flospanksthespanker's posts

Well...I disagree....anyone should be able to discuss Rondo's lack of team play, just as many here like to attack anyone who disagrees with their "excellent" analysis and the "incisive" comments about how the Celtics will somehow get beyond their more obvious limitations this season (and several thereafter) and be a meaningful playoff team.....if this is what substitutes for GREAT opinion on this board, I'd love to know what your are collectively smoking!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from flospanksthespanker. Show flospanksthespanker's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

Who cares !

Let the games begin , when and where is training cam[ happening this year ? Are they going to Romo again this year ?

This from the fool who posts pics of Kim Kardashian and whoever this woman is....if you have a dark haired woman fetish please just watch any Spanish network show.....so much for valid opinion...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from flospanksthespanker. Show flospanksthespanker's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

From what I can tell this board has become a cesspool, too bad. The folks that have arrived in the last month or two obviously got lobotomies when they got their new screen names. 

Hopefully it will get better when the season starts. 

I'm surprised folks even respond to these folks, you can't reason with someone with the brain the size of a pea.

I've read your postings anti-Flo...it's hard to deal with them when it's clear that your brain is the size of an aphid... :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamspuriousbabe. Show iamspuriousbabe's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

First there is no such thing as an ignorant opinion.That is an indication of your intolerance to  differences in opinions contrary to your own.  

[/QUOTE]

yes there is. "the Earth is flat" is an ignorant opinion. Ignorance is not the same as stupidity.

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh yes, the "quipster"......speaking of trolls.........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to iamspuriousbabe's comment:

First there is no such thing as an ignorant opinion.That is an indication of your intolerance to  differences in opinions contrary to your own.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to iamspuriousbabe's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good job Columbo. Maybe now you can explain to me what "snakeoil" means.

Sections
Shortcuts