From HoopsHype (must be true!) Heat may go after Crawford

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

From HoopsHype (must be true!) Heat may go after Crawford

I say NO WAY do we help this team ever............who do they have that we want, Ray Allen?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: From HoopsHype (must be true!) Heat may go after Crawford

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Chalmers (expiring), Battier (Expiring), Lewis (Expiring), Phila's 2014 #1 pick (top 14 protected in 14-15 becomes 2 2nd round picks in 16-17 if pick is not conveyed by 2015), and Miami's 2018 #1 (unprotected) for Bass and Crawford would work for me. Boston could always re-sign Crawford as a FA. 

P.S. your thread would be much better if you actually provided a link to the material you are referencing. (Hoopshype)

[/QUOTE]

Chalmers is a starter, Battier isnt' just expiring, he's retiring.  Would be too much of a circus with Green and Wallace in that spot.  Can't stand Rashard Lewis - pass on him.

And, my point is, why should we help them at all?

As for you PS - I took the summer off, and when I came back, I decided people on here know me well enough now  - no more links.

I don't make this stuff up, and you are all intelligent enough to read it yourselves!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

It's really difficult - click on HoopsHype.com...with me so far?

THEN, read the cover page!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't want Jordan Crawford traded.

JC can play 2 positions, SG and PG.

He can start or come off the bench.

And he's 6-4.

[/QUOTE]

I 100% agree

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I hope that Ainge tells Riley to go f *ck himself

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I thought Crawford had one more year on his deal with and wouldn't be FA til after 14-15

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Another article - same topic: 

The Boston Celtics Should Trade Jordan Crawford to the Miami Heat The Heat Need a Guard, and the Celtics Are Looking to the Future Yahoo Contributor Network  By Mark VandeusenDec 9, 2013 2:16 PM    

COMMENTARY | Recently, it was reported that the Miami Heatare hoping to trade for a guard who can help fill in for Dwyane Wade.

Wade has missed five of Miami's last 11 games dealing with illness and lingering knee issues. The Boston Celtics should make every effort to try and convince the Heat that Jordan Crawford is exactly who they need.

Coming into the season, Crawford was though of as a gunner with very questionable shot selection; a player who could score but also cause a lot of headaches. However, he's been a very pleasant surprise for the Celtics this year.

With Rajon Rondo out recovering from a torn ACL, Crawford has performed admirably at the point guard position, helping guide Boston to a 10-12 record that's good enough for first place in the Atlantic Division. Over the last eight games (in which the Celtics are 6-2), he's averaged 17.1 points, 7.1 assists, and 3.9 rebounds per contest. Plus, Crawford just won the NBA's Eastern Conference Player of the Week Award. His trade value will never be higher.

Despite currently leading their division, the Celtics are not particularly interested in being a playoff team this season. While they could possibly do some damage in a struggling Eastern Conference, Boston realizes it is nowhere close to being a title contender right now. As I discussed a few weeks ago, the Celtics would be willing to deal away most of their roster if it brings in draft picks or improves their salary cap situation.

Crawford is under contract for this year only at just more than $2 million, so trading him wouldn't create any sort of cap relief. Instead, Boston should attempt to acquire other potential building blocks for him. I see two options on the Heat: One could be a first-round draft pick -- Miami is eying another championship this year and likely wouldn't be too concerned about parting with a late pick in 2014.

A second could be rehabbing center Greg Oden, the former No. 1 overall selection in 2007 who signed a one-year deal this summer for slightly less than $900,000. As a new free agent signing, Oden becomes eligible to be traded after December 15.

To this point, Oden's career has been a complete bust, in large part due to recurring injuries that have kept him off the court since 2010. But he's still just 25 years old, and it's not too late for him to become a legitimate NBA center if he can stay healthy. The Heat would have to include another player in the deal as well in order to make the money work; for the sake of argument, I'll suggest little-used small forward James Jones.

Here's what I am proposing: Boston sends Jordan Crawford to Miami for Greg OdenJames Jones, and the Heat's 2014 first-round draft pick. The Celtics might improve their draft position this season by shedding their top assist man and second-leading scorer. Their salary-cap situation remains the same (both Jones' and Oden's contracts expire after this year), and the extra draft choice helps them rebuild. Plus, if Oden shows promise, Boston could chose to re-sign him to a long-term deal.

Miami gets a combo guard who's proven he can both score and distribute, exactly what the Heat need to allow some extra rest for Dwyane Wade. In doing so, the Heat also avoid giving up anything that might hinder a run to a third straight title. It's a win-win scenario for both clubs.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I say NO WAY do we help this team ever'

Crawford would hurt the Heat, he needs the ball in his hands. 

I don't see how these teams would do business anyhow....

Thanks HoopHype for the hot air though :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

JC at the point, coming off the bench, he is a keeper...i wouldnt help patt riley for anything in this world...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Doesn't riley despises DA? Now all of the sudden he needs us? Joke...clown..arrogant bastarrrrddd

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I say NO WAY do we help this team ever'

Crawford would hurt the Heat, he needs the ball in his hands. 

I don't see how these teams would do business anyhow....

Thanks HoopHype for the hot air though :)

[/QUOTE]

I agree.......not helping the Heat!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Chalmers (expiring), Battier (Expiring), Lewis (Expiring), Phila's 2014 #1 pick (top 14 protected in 14-15 becomes 2 2nd round picks in 16-17 if pick is not conveyed by 2015), and Miami's 2018 #1 (unprotected) for Bass and Crawford would work for me. Boston could always re-sign Crawford as a FA. 

P.S. your thread would be much better if you actually provided a link to the material you are referencing. (Hoopshype)

[/QUOTE]

Of course it would work for you. It is an incredibly lopsided trade.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I say NO WAY do we help this team ever............who do they have that we want, Ray Allen?

[/QUOTE]

LeBron is a guy we could build around.

25. This post has been removed.