From the ESPN Commentators Today

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Re: From the ESPN Commentators Today

what about Gortat? do think we still can/will get him?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

as much as i love KG i think it was a mistake to resign him.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 003323344's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100% from a basketball point of view. But we all know the NBA is a business first and a sport second.

Ever since KG came to Boston in 2007, the TD Garden is always full of people when the Celts play. Business is good for the Celtics. So why not milk the cow some more, so to speak.

[/QUOTE]

im confused...what is kg doing that is making you guys think this way? To me, all hes doing is being the vocal and defensive leader he has been since he got here..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100% from a basketball point of view. But we all know the NBA is a business first and a sport second.

Ever since KG came to Boston in 2007, the TD Garden is always full of people when the Celts play. Business is good for the Celtics. So why not milk the cow some more, so to speak.

[/QUOTE]

im confused...what is kg doing that is making you guys think this way? To me, all hes doing is being the vocal and defensive leader he has been since he got here..

[/QUOTE]

Danny went on record as saying he wouldnt keep the Big Three any longer then he had to like Red did with the original Big Three. he had an expiring contract, his best years are behind him, valuable trade piece. As Fierce said it came down to financials. KG is worth more to fill seats right now then trading him would have been.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and he played well today also.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

timing is everything in the NBA and i guess Danny felt it wasnt time to trade him. sometimes when losers like jerry west who used to play for the Lakers and was on the payroll with the Grizzlies gifted gashole to the Lakers strange things happen. Danny doesn't play that game. he's on the up and up.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

KG may be older but still a solid basketball player.  They will board a little better when Bradley comes back due to his stopping the penetration.  The bigs are always having to rotate to help which leaves their guy open for cleaning up the boards.  It's not a cure but it will help.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

I think it was Doris Burke who said when Bradley comes back, Rondo can roam and get in the passing lanes while Bradley takes care of the opposing PG 1 on 1.

Sounds good to me!

[/QUOTE]

Hows Bradley gonna take care of the opposing PG when hes supposed to be guarding the SG???

btw, Rondo already roams..(way too much imo) he dont need AB back for that

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to FURY13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What Doris meant is Avery is a better on the ball defender than Rondo. Rondo's biggest stregnth on D is getting into passing lanes and getting out on the break. The other gaurds can't do what Avery does so Rondo is ussually taking the PG not the off gaurd and there not getting as many hoops in transition as they'd  because of this.

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Avery his not traveling on the road trip is concerning when considering his readiness to come back Jan. 2.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

AB is the most important person to our perimeter defense. KG is the most important to our interior defense.

I was hoping AB could play tomorrow vs the Clippers so we don't get our doors blown off. The Clippers are scary good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FURY13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What Doris meant is Avery is a better on the ball defender than Rondo. Rondo's biggest stregnth on D is getting into passing lanes and getting out on the break. The other gaurds can't do what Avery does so Rondo is ussually taking the PG not the off gaurd and there not getting as many hoops in transition as they'd  because of this.

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Avery his not traveling on the road trip is concerning when considering his readiness to come back Jan. 2.

[/QUOTE]

count on bradley not being back jan 2.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Would that be considered going small?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I personally think KG could have commanded more than 36 on a three year deal with almost any team.  Sure you could make the argument that the team should have been blown up already.  Don't worry, it will come.

Personally I don't think this team cares where they come in the playoffs.  I can see a scanario where they dump some games, rest the old guys, and come in 8th.  Take on miami fresh in the playoffs.

I'm not completely sure avery bradley is going to be such an upgrade from courtney lee, but I'm hopeful.  Certainly he's a better on ball defender, but lee can guard bigger 2's.  I'm hopefull though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I'm not completely sure avery bradley is going to be such an upgrade from courtney lee, but I'm hopeful.  Certainly he's a better on ball defender, but lee can guard bigger 2's.  I'm hopefull though.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree AB is a much better player than Lee.  He defends better and he is a better offensive player too.  Lee looks lost out there most games, he and Bass are trade bait for a bigman upgrade IMO.  I hope soon too.