From the scouts perspective - Good read

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

From the scouts perspective - Good read

Dunno if this was posted earlier. My apologies if it was:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ryen-russillos-nba-draft-confidential-real-scouts-on-dante-exum-noah-vonleh-and-aaron-gordon/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: From the scouts perspective - Good read

Thank you.  After reading this, I think I like Gordon best.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well not so fast..I would have loved to see the scouts talk on Smart and Randle...Although I think Smart will be gone by 6.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Word is that Randle is alongside Parker, NBA ready.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well not so fast..I would have loved to see the scouts talk on Smart and Randle...Although I think Smart will be gone by 6.

[/QUOTE]

I mean I like Gordon best out of the 3 players critiqued by the scouts.

Exum - SG who can't shoot which might make him a PG but is he a PG?  His value is largely based on mystery because no one has really seen him that much. (Last part scares me.)

Vonleh - Big man with great size measurement but not that athletic, will play a stretch 4 and have to be able to shoot well beyond 16 feet to be successful.  (I really do not like the sound of slow PF who has to stay outside beyond the arc most of the time.)

Gordon - Super athletic energy guy who probably will never be a great scorer but will do everything else well especially in defence, also a tweener between SF/PF.  (He has flaws also but somehow I am picturing a little bit of John Havlicek?)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I mean I like Gordon best out of the 3 players critiqued by the scouts.

Exum - SG who can't shoot which might make him a PG but is he a PG?  His value is largely based on mystery because no one has really seen him that much. (Last part scares me.)

Vonleh - Big man with great size measurement but not that athletic, will play a stretch 4 and have to be able to shoot well beyond 16 feet to be successful.  (I really do not like the sound of slow PF who has to stay outside beyond the arc most of the time.)

Gordon - Super athletic energy guy who probably will never be a great scorer but will do everything else well especially in defence, also a tweener between SF/PF.  (He has flaws also but somehow I am picturing a little bit of John Havlicek?)

[/QUOTE]

oh yea..I agree.. I was all in for Vonleh but gotta respect a scouts assessment

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I like all 3 - but no chance on Exum.  IF Vonleh can play the 5, he is the guy to take.  Gordon is very safe, and will be a good player........esp if we get rid of Green

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I doubt it.  He is going to have to completely overhaul his offensive game because his style of play just won't work in the NBA.  Driving his shoulder into smaller guys and flipping the ball at the hoop isn't going to get him to the line here, its going to get him alot of offensive fouls, and shots sent back at his head. So that one trick pony is going to have to find a new trick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  I hope so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

[QUOTE]

I doubt it.  He is going to have to completely overhaul his offensive game because his style of play just won't work in the NBA.  Driving his shoulder into smaller guys and flipping the ball at the hoop isn't going to get him to the line here, its going to get him alot of offensive fouls, and shots sent back at his head. So that one trick pony is going to have to find a new trick.

[/QUOTE]  What are you, a Louisville fan?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  What are you, a Louisville fan?

[/QUOTE]

Lol, No. Celtic fan. Which is why I don't want to see Randle in Green next year.

Sections
Shortcuts