Full Celtics & Brooklyn Trade

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Full Celtics & Brooklyn Trade

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to chris33's comment:

With Reggie Evans and Sullinger we won't be getting out rebounding anymore.

Yeah, but we have no real Center.

Evans and Sully will play together?

That would be a very short frontcourt with no leaping ability.

We have three centers.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"NOW, let's swing a deal for Josh Smith...Wallace and a few picks"

I don't think Atlanta wants a near-bust like Wallace. Our best hope for Wallace is to get him some playing time and hopefully up his trade value. 

Ainge may go for Josh Smith but he may have to come up with another way of working that one. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Does any1 know if any of the Draft picks coming from Brooklyn are protected?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

2015 and 2016 so many things will happen then but the only sure thing is we got an unprotected 1st round pick...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

Does any1 know if any of the Draft picks coming from Brooklyn are protected?

I read that 2016 & 2018 are unprotected but no word on 2014 yet .... Hope not but that right to swap 2017 number one picks has me wondering if that's not a consolation if we lose out due to some protection clause on 2014.

If they aren't protected then I LOVE this deal! If 2014 isn't protected, I don't really care about that pick. I seriously doubt they'll be in the lottery in 2014 anyways. It's the others I'm more concerned with.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I really like this trade with the Nets.

Three first round picks plus Humphries, Wallace, and Evans.

We get bigger, stronger, and younger, and we get three first round picks.

Yeah.  I do too.  It's a great trade for the Celtics.  Humphries contract is expiring after this coming year.  Only Wallace has a bad deal....and it's not all that bad.  Wallace was a really good player a couple of years ago, so he might have some value to a team.  I think this is the best possible trade the Celtics could've hoped for.  Thank god we have a GM with a huge pair of brass balls.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

With Reggie Evans and Sullinger we won't be getting out rebounding anymore.

Yeah, but we have no real Center.

Evans and Sully will play together?

That would be a very short frontcourt with no leaping ability.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but we want that next year.  We want to suck out loud next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

[QUOTE]

Trial by fire right? Might as well throw them out there and see what they can do. Its not like were trying to contend next year right?

True.

But I was only pointing out to chris that we didn't get bigger.

Bass, Sully, Evans, and Humphries are all 6-8 or 6-9 guys.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but rebounding isn't all about size and athleticism.  Sully showed that it's more about smarts, girth, and positioning.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Right.  Melo should see significant time next year.  Can't wait for the summer league!

We have three centers.

All 3 are raw.

[/QUOTE]

Trial by fire right? Might as well throw them out there and see what they can do. Its not like were trying to contend next year right?

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

On Mike and Mike this morning it was reported very differently.  I think it was shefty that reported the 3 picks, Hump, wallace, bogans, Joseph and Brooks for the C'S three.  I like brooks for position difference if nothing else.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayhawk. Show Jayhawk's posts

Good deal for Boston, though that Gerald Wallace contract hurts. By my calculation the Cs save about $7mil each of the next 2 years (though largely irrelevant as the Cs will be over or at the salary cap).In 2015/16 the C's actually lose about $10mil in cap flexibility due to Wallace's contract. 

The picks are potentially nice though... rolling the dice that Brooklyn will be headed back to lottery territory at that point but better than not gambling at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Too bad we didn't get Marshon, oh that's right, we're trying to lose. That's why we passed on Shroeder, Dieng, Rice Jr, Hardaway Jr, and Allen Crabbe. All of whom I expect to have better careers.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts