Future Free Agent Opportunity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Future Free Agent Opportunity

summer 2011 Zach Randolf, an ideal replacement for Garnett becomes a FA but Green, Davis, Krstic, West, Arroyo also become FA

summer 2012 Derrick Rose (Garnett, Allen, Shaq and Jermaine become FA and one would think all are gone and/or will free up significant cap room)

summer 2013 Dwight Howard ?? 

Howard (C), Randolf (PF), Green (SF), Rose (PG) is a championship team in 2014

What a nice dream.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Re: Future Free Agent Opportunity

I think that we could sign Zach Randolf
    We would not be able to sign rose because he will stay and we have Rondo.
    Dwight would only be interested if the team could win it all.
    I really would like to get a SG but dont know who.
    Next year

PG: RONDO
    SG: --
    SF: GREEN, hopefully
    PF: Zach Randolf
    C: --

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Pierce would be on bench and KG would be retired and Ray Allen will start if the celtics dont get anyone better, and if he dosent retire

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

for centers next year there are Marc Gason and Tyson Chandler. both affordable 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celts can't sign a big name free-agent in 2011. They are still way over the salary cap.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Kaman, Hibbert and Lopez(s) are FA 2012.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Dwight Howard can opt out of his contract on July 1, 2012.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

In Response to Re: Future Free Agent Opportunity:
    [QUOTE]I think that we could sign Zach Randolf We would not be able to sign rose because he will stay and we have Rondo. Dwight would only be interested if the team could win it all. I really would like to get a SG but dont know who. Next year PG: RONDO SG: -- SF: GREEN, hopefully PF: Zach Randolf C: --
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs[/QUOTE]
    Next year will be the same starting 5, after that the changes come, when Allen and Garnetts contracts expire.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]The Celts can't sign a big name free-agent in 2011. They are still way over the salary cap.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Also the salary cap could change in the future.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

Watch out Danny will target Dwight Howard after next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

I think 2013 will be huge as both O'neals, Garnet, & Allen will be free agents thus giving us rediculous cap space.  We should be able to sign two max contract free agents.  In 2013 we will be realistically targeting with the exception of Deron Williams and Chris Paul, the following list of players:

Dwight Howard
    Al Jefferson
    Josh Smith
    Gerald Wallace

I don't see Howard opting out on 2012 as some have suggested as he will be forfeiting huge money and by waiting until 2013 (which will be a huge free agency class that should rival last year's free agency class), attempt to do the whole super team thing that seems to be all the rage these days.

I would be all over Howard and Jefferson as free agents.  Looking at what teams should be major players with cap space, Boston seems to be the only real big market team in play as L.A., Miami, Chicago, & N.Y. will all be capped out.  Unless these major free agents want to play for the likes of Utah, New Jersey, Orlando, or half of the current lottery teams then Boston should be the best option for free agents wanting to join a team with a chance to win a championship as they'd be joining a team with Rondo, Pierce (signed through 2014), and most likely Jeff Green.  Most of of the other teams with lots of cap space have almost empty rosters come 2013, meaning that free agents will be facing what the Heat are now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I think 2013 will be huge as both O'neals, Garnet, & Allen will be free agents thus giving us rediculous cap space.  We should be able to sign two max contract free agents.  In 2013 we will be realistically targeting with the exception of Deron Williams and Chris Paul, the following list of players: Dwight Howard Al Jefferson Josh Smith Gerald Wallace I don't see Howard opting out on 2012 as some have suggested as he will be forfeiting huge money and by waiting until 2013 (which will be a huge free agency class that should rival last year's free agency class), attempt to do the whole super team thing that seems to be all the rage these days. I would be all over Howard and Jefferson as free agents.  Looking at what teams should be major players with cap space, Boston seems to be the only real big market team in play as L.A., Miami, Chicago, & N.Y. will all be capped out.  Unless these major free agents want to play for the likes of Utah, New Jersey, Orlando, or half of the current lottery teams then Boston should be the best option for free agents wanting to join a team with a chance to win a championship as they'd be joining a team with Rondo, Pierce (signed through 2014), and most likely Jeff Green.  Most of of the other teams with lots of cap space have almost empty rosters come 2013, meaning that free agents will be facing what the Heat are now.
    Posted by angel3781[/QUOTE]

Not 2013. Both O'Neals, KG, and Ray will be free-agents by July 1, 2012.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

P34 is the only one with a clue about the cap space, options and ultimate likely destinations of the FA players mentioned on this thread.

Green will be kept. Baby and either Kristic or a player for more than 1 year of MLE $ only if we give up the 2012 max space.

Randolph will want WAY more than the MLE, c'mon now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

For me it is either

a. cut loose Baby and go w/ Murph or a 1 year MLE guy for '12.. with an eye on Howard... and then you end up overpaying Kaman or Hibbert when Dwight spurns us, does DA really see him here?

or

b. you do some sign and trades (maybe w. Baby, maybe w/ Krstic) unload the exp contract of JON along w/ 2 of our now FOUR nice looking picks the next 2 years and Avery (DWest/Rondo are fine, @ 25 and 27 yrs old, Pierce and Ray both have 3 yrs left and can combine to cover SG) to try to get TWO more borderline all-star Green-type starters to run w/ Rondo.

If Memphis almost traded Mayo for Josh McRoberts and a pick in the teens... do they trade him for Baby, a pick in the 20's and a pick in the 30's?

that is just one such example

I'd offer AK47 the MLE

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce would be on bench and KG would be retired and Ray Allen will start if the celtics dont get anyone better, and if he dosent retire
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs[/QUOTE]

You are benching Pierce next year???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

And if the league decides to reduce the number of teams?

PA

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonyxx. Show tonyxx's posts

[QUOTE]The Celts will re-sign Green, Davis, Krstic and will make a run for Dwight Howard in 2013.  Hopefully, the 2012 Clipper's 1st round pick will get us a good player.
    Posted by beermeister[/QUOTE]

I'll be the first realist to say that "Howard" will not go to celtics.  Mark it DOWN!.  He does not want any part of Bean Town.  Chop of my left pinky if I'm wrong.  Hope Celtic Fans enjoy a crash and BURN scenario with their current team!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Future Free Agent Opportunity : I'll be the first realist to say that "Howard" will not go to celtics.  Mark it DOWN!.  He does not want any part of Bean Town.  Chop of my left pinky if I'm wrong.  Hope Celtic Fans enjoy a crash and BURN scenario with their current team!
    Posted by tonyxx[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct. DH hates Boston, and if he doesn't go to the Lakers in a sign & trade for Bynum (possibly others) then he'll stay with Orlando. However, DH is on record as saying he would love to play with The Mamba (who wouldn't), he loves LA and the package that comes with it (Hollywood,celebs,weather etc) and playing for the greatest basketball franchise of all time with the richest history of great centers. DH would love to add his name to that list as well as most importantly, winning championships.

"On you're feet, time to greet, the reigning back to back to back World Champions, you're Los Angeles Lakers. Introducing, starting center....Dwight Howaaaarrrrrrrd.

Nice ring to this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Future Free Agent Opportunity : Absolutely correct. DH hates Boston, and if he doesn't go to the Lakers in a sign & trade for Bynum (possibly others) then he'll stay with Orlando. However, DH is on record as saying he would love to play with The Mamba (who wouldn't), he loves LA and the package that comes with it (Hollywood,celebs,weather etc) and playing for the greatest basketball franchise of all time with the richest history of great centers. DH would love to add his name to that list as well as most importantly, winning championships. "On you're feet, time to greet, the reigning back to back to back World Champions, you're Los Angeles Lakers. Introducing, starting center....Dwight Howaaaarrrrrrrd. Nice ring to this.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hate to break it to you, but he is staying in Orlando!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

dh is much more bill russell than kareem and wilt..... so he'll choose boston
    2012-13 run for banner 20 :
    dwight howard
    glenn davis
    jeff green
    delonte west
    rajon rondo
    +
    paul pierce
    nenad krstic
    troy murphy
    sasha pavlovic
    one PG
    one SG
    another one

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]Plan B: 2012 Center if J Howard doesn't work out: JaVale McGee posted a triple-double against the Chicago Bulls , posting 11 points, 12 rebounds and 12 blocks.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

BBD recently had a double-double, 16 pts and 14 rebs, did you know that?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]Plan B: 2012 Center if J Howard doesn't work out: JaVale McGee posted a triple-double against the Chicago Bulls , posting 11 points, 12 rebounds and 12 blocks.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

J Howard? Juwan Howard?

25. This post has been removed.