Future of the C's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Future of the C's

So is it safe to assume if Doc and Danny are standing at a chalkboard they have mapped out something like this?

PG-Rondo/Bradley
    SG-2012 #1 (Austin Rivers)/Moore
    SF-Green
    PF-Johnson
    C-2012 #1 (Tyler Zeller)

I'm not sure how much they can get done in FA this year...Crawford, JR Smith.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Future of the C's

You think so? I'm trying to find video on Moore but I'm not having much luck.

JJ avg 20ppg and 8rpg and being DPOY is impressive.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Future of the C's:
    In Response to Re: Future of the C's : E'twaun Moore scored 38 points last Feb. 20.  Here's the video of Moore. http://celticshub.com/2011/06/23/the-boston-celtics-select-etwaun-moore-from-purdue-with-55th-pick/
    Posted by Fiercest34

Yeah but is he consistent? One game doesn't make you a solid NBA player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

and lots of FA $ to spend next summer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

also, i can't see us necessarily drafting doc's kid. not sure how that would work to coach your own son.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Future of the C's : 18 ppg and 40% from 3pt land. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=36152
    Posted by Fiercest34

Avery Bradley better step it up!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Future of the C's:
    So is it safe to assume if Doc and Danny are standing at a chalkboard they have mapped out something like this? PG-Rondo/Bradley SG-2012 #1 (Austin Rivers)/Moore SF-Green PF-Johnson C-2012 #1 (Tyler Zeller) I'm not sure how much they can get done in FA this year...Crawford, JR Smith.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Crawford, Brown, Aaron Gray!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucky13calistyle. Show lucky13calistyle's posts

opening the door to sign dwight howard... well have tons of money, rondo, pierce, green, plus three young 1st rounders as our nucleous

all he wants is a passionate fanbase... doesnt get much better than boston for that

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

opening the door to sign dwight howard... well have tons of money, rondo, pierce, green, plus three young 1st rounders as our nucleous all he wants is a passionate fanbase... doesnt get much better than boston for that
    Posted by lucky13calistyle

kicking door stopper under the door to keep it open,
    because Dwight in boston = D-W-DYNASTY!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

With Rondo and Bradley we have no offensive threat form the outside, the new guy will be better than them.  Rondo is a good point when the big three are healthy but when the point needs to have a respected outside shot, he does not.  Mabey he will work on it this summer.   Nash or Parker would be great backups to Rondo or replacement for Rondo.  Green and Davis should both improve this comming year.  West is a solid guard and needed on this team.  Avery Bradley has yet to prove to anyone that he belongs in the NBA and next year is not a year to experiment with him.  Rondo, West, Green, Paul, and a real center would be a good team but would need a good bench,  Tony Parker, Ray, Kevin, and etc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neels. Show Neels's posts

2011-2012 Boston Celtics

The players we presently have under contract: Rondo, Allen, O'Neal, Garnett, Pierce and Bradley.

2011 NBA Draft 27th pick (via trade): JaJuan Johnson PF, 6-10 and 220lbs.
    2011 NBA Draft 55th pick: E-Twaun Moore G, 6-4 and 190lbs.

Biggest Need: a starting center, a quality backup PG, swingman and other bigs...

BEST OPTIONS: DeAndre Jordan (please go after him) - he can run the floor, he is long with bulk and is very athletic...  T.J. Ford (2nd string pg) or Anthony Carter (if either Moore or Bradley work as a backup, Carter is a good 3rd string pg and mentor, high quality guy) and for a swingman Shawne Williams, he is 6-9 and 220lbs, he can make the 3pter and he is a good defender and a possible replacement for Paul Pierce.  Jamal Crawford or J.R. Smith are good SG's, too small for SF.  They may be out of price range, but it would be great to get one of the two.  I think a center (preferably DeAndre Jordan) is priority.

NOTABLE MENTIONS: Aaron Gray (C), Kwame Brown (C/F), Etan Thomas (F/C), Nazr Mohammed (F/C), Kenyon Martin (F), Josh McRoberts (F), Samuel Dalembert (C) (Dalembert is perhaps out of our price range), Reggie Evans (PF) (rough and rugged but only 6'8"), Shane Battier (F/G) (Battier is an A class defender and 3pt markman - however is significantly older than Shawne Williams), Grant Hill (if we cannot get Williams and if he leaves the Suns), Michael Redd (if healthy and he can contribute off the bench), Mike Dunleavy, Yi Jianlian (an Ainge favorite) and Tayshawn Prince (A class defender).

1st Team: Rondo, Allen, Jordan, Garnett, Pierce
    2nd Team: Ford, Delonte West, Williams, Jeff Green, O'Neal
    3rd Team: Johnson, Moore, Bradley, and Etan Thomas for insurance

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Not a bad plan. I like Jordan too but I think it's going to be tough getting him. I would replace Ford with Crawford and move West to PG.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

DeAndre Jordan is restricted.  We can only offer him the MLE, if there still is one.  The Clips will match it, I have NO doubt.  But........he will want multiple years anyway, and does that take us out of the DW sweepstakes?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

The Celts are not going to change and get setup for the future in one day.  Right now, plan to enjoy 2012 season, however much of it there will be.  JJJ can be a very capable option at 4 going forward.  He will need to be coupled with a physical 5.  But that problem can be addressed next year or in 2013.

Infact, the only things the Cekts need right now for 2012 is a physical 5.  I don't know how Danny will work it out but I hope that he will.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrTrippleDouble. Show MrTrippleDouble's posts

There is NO WAY Bradley will get outplayed by Moore, Doc has been training/practicing with Avery during this summer getting him ready. (check out boston espn) I think he knows that he has to step it up and to tell you the truth i believe he will.

Sections
Shortcuts