Game 1 Thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Game 1 Thoughts

In Response to Re: Game 1 Thoughts:
    The refs again????? But only when we lose?????? Just saying...
    Posted by RicoCeltic

You keep posting the same thing.  It wasn't clever the first time. 

Do you know ANY fans in ANY sport that spend a lot of time discussing officiating after a win?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

As far as I am concerned, we got nothing back for the Perk trade.  Jeff Green was absolutely useless on offense and defense.  He looks like a high school player out there, desperately trying not to embarrass himself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

As far as I am concerned, we got nothing back for the Perk trade.  Jeff Green was absolutely useless on offense and defense.  He looks like a high school player out there, desperately trying not to embarrass himself.
    Posted by rpn313

He's not very good.  I am kind of tired hearing about how he was teh number 3 scorer in OKC. 

It was a bad bad trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Was it a bad trade?... Ill take Green numbers over Perks .. hes hasnt been playing
     so solid.  As a matter of fact, the difference in todays OKC v Mem game was Gasol & Randolph dominating the paint for Mem.. So much for the bad trade...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Was it a bad trade?... Ill take Green numbers over Perks .. hes hasnt been playing  so solid.  As a matter of fact, the difference in todays OKC v Mem game was Gasol & Randolph dominating the paint for Mem.. So much for the bad trade...
    Posted by Karllost

That is some shallow analysis.

Perkins was an extremely important low post presence.  Comparing stats with Green is jacktarded.  

Green gives us NOTHING inside.  By the way, Krstic pipes it too.

Green is supposed to be an accomplished scorer.  Nope.  Nate Robinson was a much bigger spark off the bench than Green.

It was a horrible trade.

But it doesn't mean the Celtics won't win it all despite the abysmal trade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

On Green, I'd give him a B.  He wasn't that bad.  He hit his shots and played aggressive.  Stupid to push up over Lebron and try to smoother him.  I've not seen a defensive posture that stupid in a while but that was just one play. I think Doc has a challenge - our starters need rest but our bench has been letting us down.  Doc could leave the starters in longer and possibly wear them down but he could possibly win the game this way!  Our bench vs another team's bench might be ok, but our bench has to play Heat starters and that's a problem.  This will happen this series because Wade, Lebron and Bosh are going to all play major minutes.  So, Doc is going to have to decide whether or not to keep bringing in our unproductive beach (vs leaving the starters in for longer than desired, taking the risk that they'll get tired). Go ahead, Doc.....just shorter the bench again.  Win the darn game and forget everyone crying about why some bench player doesn't play.  Only BBD and Green and West are worth playing in short periods.   One exception....give Wafer a chance.  He may just be able to help you.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

If the Heat insist on starting Big Z we should start Krstic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Game 1 Thoughts : Celtic starters: +2 overall when on the court, 67 points Heat starters: +4 overall when on the court, 70 points I think it is clear who lost us the game... and despite 'flashes' from DWest and Green they were a combined -17. Krstic only played 6 mins. I am ok w/ him getting those again in game 2. Although only vs. Big Z and not Anthony. Shaq will got those 6 mins in games 3 and 4 and then hopefully play a bigger role in games 5-6 (and probably game 7). Baby was a -21. He was TERRIBLE. Jermaine really needs to be playing 6-8 mins more at this point. I know he fouls a lot. but he will rebound and defend the rim better than Baby. He has been making a high % of shots. Green should also be playing LeBron anytime he is the 4. Give him 4-6 mins more. Say 12 less mins of Baby (limit him to mostly when Anthony is the PF).
    Posted by rameakap

Good post and I'd say it's pretty accurate.  In fairness though the heat had one outlier on their bench. James Jones went off for 25 points. This is a guy who averages 6 points a game. The rest of the heat bench only scored 4 points. If we get Jones under control we should have an advantage with our bench. If Shaq comes back and can contribute off the bench we definetly have a bench edge. if the starters keep it close again it is our chance to win in this series. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Game 1 Thoughts : Good post and I'd say it's pretty accurate.  In fairness though the heat had one outlier on their bench. James Jones went off for 25 points. This is a guy who averages 6 points a game. The rest of the heat bench only scored 4 points. If we get Jones under control we should have an advantage with our bench. If Shaq comes back and can contribute off the bench we definetly have a bench edge. if the starters keep it close again it is our chance to win in this series. 
    Posted by jtkl

Yeah

Jones killed us for sure.

Keep him in the 8-9 point range... w/ Green getting more. And bring back Shaq... and its a FAR different story

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

my thoughts:

1. despite putting up horrible stats, we were +7 when rondo was on the court. when he's aggressive, I can live with the LBJ chasedowns, because he still makes the game easier for everyone else. needed to stay out of foul trouble.

2. we won the second half. we were rusty in the first half because we haven't played for a week.

3. pierce and kg effectively played LBJ and bosh to a draw. I'll take that anyday. wade did a lot of damage from outside, and we can live with that; he's not that good a shooter. ray did what he could and punished him on the other end.

4. james jones won them the game. stupid defensive lapses left him open.

5. the celtics haven't lost a game 2 in the big 3 era.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

my thoughts:

1. despite putting up horrible stats, we were +7 when rondo was on the court. when he's aggressive, I can live with the LBJ chasedowns, because he still makes the game easier for everyone else. needed to stay out of foul trouble.

Great points. I made one earlier as a whole about all our starters being +2. Ray had a great game, just repeat that w/ a lil better perimeter D please Walter. As for the other 4:

KG - More aggressive on offense... outrebound Bosh if you play the same mins (tho nice job holding him to 7... the plant him on the ground Block was also sweet)

Rondo - 40 mins, not 32. Take it to hoop only be smarter and more effective. Keep the reb's and aggression only w/ more polish, assists and game management, less TO's.

Pierce - Do everything you did in your 2nd half and nothing you did in the first hald and the possessions surrounding your ejection (which was uncalled for but you could have avoided it).

JON - More reb's and blocks... we'll keep the 9 points. Doc PLAY HIM MORE OVER BABY!!
    2. we won the second half. we were rusty in the first half because we haven't played for a week.

True. And in that first half if Pierce made his 2 FT's and open J and not dribbled off his foot twice, DWest not had the silly tech, Rondo avoided being blocked 3x and Green/West made their dunks... we'd have been tied:-)

3. pierce and kg effectively played LBJ and bosh to a draw. I'll take that anyday. wade did a lot of damage from outside, and we can live with that; he's not that good a shooter. ray did what he could and punished him on the other end.

Yes. The Super Friends should be allowed to shoot J's all day long. Bibby/Miller and obviously Jones... should have hands in their face.

4. james jones won them the game. stupid defensive lapses left him open.

Yup. No repeat of that please.

5. the celtics haven't lost a game 2 in the big 3 era.

Game 2 vs. Detroit in the East finals '08. Lost at home 103-97. But yes, overall we are 10-1.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

KG and Bosh cancelled each other out Pierce matched James even with not playing last 7 minutes... problem was early on Bibby and James kinda shut Rondo down and he got the 3 early fouls besides that somebody forgot James Jones won the 3 pt contest... but on a positive our bench wasn't too bad today... Im confident we will win on Tuesday I don't see JJ getting 20+ again

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

The bench played no D, Davis was a minus 21!
    Posted by Goofywocky

i don't blame davis for that stat.  they did not involve him offensively.  he showed he came with his shot and they got him nothing.  he could have operated in the post, again, one post up and that's it. 

the reason why davis' plus/minus is awful when we lose is because he is in there for BOTH stinkouts- when the bench loses the lead and then when the starters come back in and play patsy-pansy and go down the drain again.  more a reflection of overall team timidity then a knock on davis himself.

if davis had 10 or 12 shots then i'd say he had something more to do with it.  he was passable on the boards and got few looks on offense.  he should be a major factor in this series, but he cannot make his own shots.   they need to post him or swing the ball.  there was no posting and he was open a bunch of times for perimeter floor spreaders but never got the ball because we were too busy reversing the ball back the way it came from, where the defenders were all ready to clog things up.

all in all a moronic game by everyone but ray.  if we're not going to run post plays for jerlame, davis and KG, we might as well forfeit the series.  joel anthony may be plucky, but he can't deal with 6-11 o'neal, 7 foot KG and davis has enough weight to asse him around just fine.  same thing for bosh.  when ilgoskasauras is in there, take him outside and make him look like the statue he is.

Sections
Shortcuts