game 2 Celtics @ Hawks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird---Mercer---Allen. Show Bird---Mercer---Allen's posts

Re: game 2 Celtics @ Hawks

One word for the win: Marquis.... He was huge on defense in the 4th

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: game 2 Celtics @ Hawks:
    [QUOTE]I am calling Bass "Harry Potter" from now on, because he obviously has a cloak of invisibility.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Smile...good one.

He really has no moves on his own.  He needs Rondo to give him passes in spots where all he has to do is shoot wide open jumpers.  Otherwise, he has nothing for us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Great game, y'all. Sorry for the name calling, nobody's a  loser when they are a C's fan. Go Celtics! Big heart from everyone. Coach Doc Rivers, KG, Avery, Dooling (2nd half D shut down Teague), Steamer with that block/facial-priceless, the Captain Paul Pierce, what can you say.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 2 Celtics @ Hawks : You are a little bit in euphoria right now. I'm happy, too, but I'm not going to make statements like that!!    I'd much rather have Ray's shooting or Rondo rebounding and running.   
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    not for the whole gaming... meant strictly for when we have a 5 point lead with 2 or 3 minutes left.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 2 Celtics @ Hawks : Smile...good one. He really has no moves on his own.  He needs Rondo to give him passes in spots where all he has to do is shoot wide open jumpers.  Otherwise, he has nothing for us.

That's why the Celtics are the perfect place for him. Pietrus can't create his own shot. Rondo does that for him..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 2 Celtics @ Hawks : Yes, and I corrected myself earlier.  I said....looking at the stats, we were shooting 78% at the time...it just FELT like bad shooting because we missed a couple of critical ones.  But in the end,they shot well.

Yes, I noticed it as I read thru the posts.  It was funny, you would have thought the Celtics were losing by 20 by the posts. Also looked like Pierce had a horrible game.  I look at the boxscore and he had a monster game.  Typical fans up and down.  Great win by your guys.  Congratulations to you.  Hopefully our team can get another one against the Nuggets.
    Go Lakers!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]Great game, y'all. Sorry for the name calling, nobody's a  loser when they are a C's fan. Go Celtics! Big heart from everyone. Coach Doc Rivers, KG, Avery, Dooling (2nd half D shut down Teague), Steamer with that block/facial-priceless, the Captain Paul Pierce, what can you say.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]
    dooling also made those two 3s that got us within ten each time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 2 Celtics @ Hawks : That's why the Celtics are the perfect place for him. Pietrus can't create his own shot. Rondo does that for him..
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

True.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 2 Celtics @ Hawks : I hope Ray comes back but I'd almost bet money he's done for the season.  Bone spurs don't just go away.....they hurt until removed!   Boy I hope I'm wrong but at this point, I'm just going to assume Ray is not coming back this season.
    Tuff to say it (don't like the thought of no RA 6th man), but I gotta agree with you.  If you don't remove the cause of the inflammation, each time he plays he's gonna reaggravate the area.  Aa far as the playoffs, looks like RA is Shaq II.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]We're back in business. Hopefully Rondo gets his act together and leads us to greener pastures. Bass and Pietrus concern me, can they raise their play? We'll need them. With Orlando Bass was a dud in the playoffs, Pietrus was only succesful in 2009 when he helped them to the finals. Ray probably won't come back in this series. On the bright side, Bradley is huge. The Hawks are ready to be taken down.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]

Without Rondo, they are not the same palyers...Rondo gets them wide open shots...so they can build their confidence..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 2 Celtics @ Hawks : Come on, man.   Steamer could not have won this game for us like KG and Paul did.  We needed to WIN, not worry about minutes.   They are pros and they have a day off....with Rondo coming back.  Time to coach for the win, not worry about KG playing 40 mins.  This is why he played him 32 minutes all season - to save him for this.   

and no b2bs in Playoffss...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 2 Celtics @ Hawks : I was listening to the game in transit on the radio and that's exactly what the radio analyst said ... that PP looked tired and maybe he didn't have enough to finish. He made it sound like we were in desperate trouble, that our entire team looked tired against a younger, athletic team and we were lacking that blend of experience & youth we had exhibited the last month or two. Radio hosts had us dead in the water with the Hawks starting to take it to us but when I got home, we turned it around and outscored the Hawks like 30-15 or something ... Go Celtics!!!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

They did look ragged at times, but played smart ball and Hawks played stupid ball down the stretch...they are not a good 5-5 team...they are like Miami, fast athletic, and must run to get easy baskets...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I only watched the closing minutes of the third quarter and listened to most of the game of XM.  Man the Hawks broadcasters were killing Marvin William late  in the third and into the fourth quarters for basically not showing up.  I was LOL'ing as I was driving the streets of So Cal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 2 Celtics @ Hawks : I have a feeling he will.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

I second this feeling

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If Chicago can lose, the Lakers can fall too........

16. This post has been removed.