Game 4 Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philselig33. Show Philselig33's posts

Re: Game 4 Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat

Doc mismanaged this game.
    And Green played great? He has hands like a penguin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Game 4 Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat:
    In Response to Re: Game 4 Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat : I second that.  4 great years.  Made me a basketball fan again.
    Posted by rpn313

Count me in too.
    I'll be pulling for the Celtics come game 5 in Miami, but the uphill struggle is now a climb up a sheer cliff.
    4 great years, showing teamwork, guts, and never quitting.  If this is the year they go out, they're going out proud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beat-Boston. Show Beat-Boston's posts

For the game three effort and even the ffort tonight, I will love this team forever. We are most likely going to lose, but we didn't go out like L.A. We played like champions. 
    Posted by jtkl

How many times did I read that quote from Red Auerbach on this forum:

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser!

Don't blame LA for being a sore loser.

Kevin McHale clotheslined Rambis in the playoffs and didn't even get suspended.

And they loved it here in Boston.

You people have been full of manure for years. Nothing has changed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

It was a valient effort, but too many turnovers down the stretch...i still have a little hope for the next game...Miami might think this thing is over...but they only get one day rest..and then friday...oh boy...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

a terrible night for KG :/

now we need 2 road wins and 1 at home.

the energy level just wasnt there, idunno, it felt kinda weird watching the whole game. like a lot of things were in slomo.

i know we dug a deep hole but
    it aint over til either team wins 4 games.
    so we are still in it.

go Celtics!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

In Response to Game 4 Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat:
    All right, time to BRING it! GO CELTICS!!!!
    Posted by MsLithium21

LOL! It's over for you fools. Thanks Danny! Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

You all are acting like the series is over. It's not over with. I still believe that Boston will come back strong in game 5 at Miami and force game 6 in Boston. It's far from over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i'm still mad we messed up those 2 fast breaks.. final play could have been handled better. we were that close. onto the next. we can win in miami. don't know if we can win twice....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

You all are acting like the series is over. It's not over with. I still believe that Boston will come back strong in game 5 at Miami and force game 6 in Boston. It's far from over.
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028

true..is hard but is not over..never over until is over!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

i'm still mad we messed up those 2 fast breaks.. final play could have been handled better. we were that close. onto the next. we can win in miami. don't know if we can win twice....

Posted by PierceIsTheTruth

many things I am mad about..C's tried to pass to Rondo inside the paint a few times knowing he is limited..and Garnet not showing up was driving me nuts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Posted by ChiefEddie1028

I agree that the Celtics can win the next game in Miami. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I hope you're right, but what I saw tonight wasn't typical of a veteran team who knows how to win playoff basketball games.  The Heat were supposed to be the ones learning how to win.  The Celtics made bad play after bad play and dug their own graves.  Not typical, and a bad sign to me. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from willtodd08. Show willtodd08's posts

For the game three effort and even the ffort tonight, I will love this team forever. We are most likely going to lose, but we didn't go out like L.A. We played like champions. 
    Posted by jtkl

EXCEPT L.A. actually won 2 titles to the Celtics' 1. A loss is a loss. Grading on a curve ("our guys played really hard in losing") is something that only inferior teams (and fans) take comfort in. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Beyond belief how bad Rivers screwed up this game.  I know, the players turned the ball over and missed wide open layups, but the lineups used handcuffed the offense for long stretches.  How a non-factor like Glen Davis gets even a minute of playing time when you have options on the bench is a sign of a coach choking.  And why oh why is Rondo on the court at the end of the game? Lockout or no next season I hope he enjoys Orlando.
    Posted by jallen5799

You're entitled to your opinion, but i couldn't disagree with you more.  He coached to win and put the team in a position to win.  The players have to play the game and no coach can hit the shot or get the rebound for a player.  Doc put the players in great positions.  We got open shots, we played the right defense, and Miami hit VERY tough shots (lebron's 3, lebron's fallaway with Pierece's hand closeby, and Wade's desparation 3).   Rondo had an open layup, every player had open jumpers (West, Ray, Paul, and KG) and we missed them ALL.

Somehow you blame all of that on the coach.  I think Doc did a great job on coaching but our players just let us down with their shooting....and Miami deserves credit - they played CLUTCH basketball with those shots.

Stop blaming the coach.  its not on Doc and its not on Danny.  Its on the players.  I love them but tonight they failed to execute.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Why was KG on James?
    Posted by paulbrr7
    i love doccc, but he made some very shaky coaching moves. i have no problem with him playing garnett that far out, but if u do, u must have some jo length underneath for the rebound! u cant expect jeff green to manhandle bosh on a rebound like that. i dont want bb dressing in game 5 and i dont want rondo in any game with 2 minutes left that is tied or if up by 2 or down by 2.. period!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Miami-heat-fan. Show Miami-heat-fan's posts

NOT ONLY DID THE MIAMI HEAT DEFEAT BOSTON, BUT THEY DEFEATED THE REFS, all the home cooking you guys got, and my heat still pulled it off.. I'm gonna sleep like a baby knowing that bill simmons is hating life right now; b.t.w. the weather in Miami right now where I reside is cloudy with a chance of VICTORY for us!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Basketball is a game of legs; as the TNT announcers said, KG had no lift because his legs were gone. Now, why was that?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripplethreat87. Show tripplethreat87's posts

Ladies and gentlemen...

The Celtics were "destined" to lose a game in Boston this series to Miami.  Miami had not won there in a long time, including last year's playoffs, and we all know Lebron James had his heart broken in Boston with the Cleveland Cavaliers a few times.  They were determined to get a win, and it didn't hurt that Pat Riley gave them a motivational speech in support of that cause.  The truth is that I'm happy for them.  I can appreciate how big of a monkey it was on their backs to feel like they couldn't win a big game in Boston.  So job well done.  But it's worth noting that they almost, still, found a way to lose the game, and the Celtics, dealing with injuries, pressure, etc., had an opportunity to win and even the series.  From one point of view it could be seen as devastating to Boston, as they are now on the brink of elimination and have to go into a hostile road environment and win a game with only a short time to recover from the disappointment of game 4.  But what if Boston fell in regulation and didn't have an opportunity to win this game?  What if Miami had closed out the fourth quarter and won the game without the Celtics having a chance to win?  The fact is, the Celtics, from a certain perspective, did great just to give themselves a chance at the end to win.  They didn't come through, of course, but under the circumstances, with Miami's determination to win this game, which Wade and Lebron have called the biggest win in their careers, I believe it's not meaningless to say the Celtics can take something positive from game 4.   This was a very tough task to beat Miami again in Boston.  So, as I say, move on, not so horrible.  Good job Miami.  The question now is how determined are the Celtics, after losing three tough, beat-down games in a row at the hands of the Heat in Miami, to win a game there and get the monkey off their backs and send the series back to Boston to redeem this game 4 loss that saw them miss a golden opportunity to win and even the series.  If the Celtics rise up and play like the "giant" they are capable of being, then they could have another opportunity in Boston to even this series and then actually give themselves an opportunity to win the series.  It's always difficult to lose a game that could have been won, especially a critical game like this last one.  In the immediate aftermath it's understandable that it could feel like too crushing a defeat to overcome.  But there is a day to reflect and recover, and unlike some fans and reporters who cannot seem to believe it's possible for Boston to come back from a horrible loss, these are professionals, future Hall of Famers, current and former All-stars.  Yes, it is asking a lot to recover from this defeat, but, nevertheless, I expect Boston to respond and not roll over like many in the media suggest is going to happen.  The Celtics, for sure, let one get away.  And it has to sting real bad right now.  But from one perspective I believe this can be a potential silver lining to take from it.  That pain, plus knowing this could be the end of their title hunt-- and also some extra motivational speeches from the Celtics's own entourage of past Hall of Famers like John Havlichek-- should be enough to get this team off the mat.   If the Celtics bounce back and play hard in Miami-- which I expect them to do-- and give themselves an opportunity to win... anything's possible.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Great post Tripple.  There is no way these guys lie down in Miami tomorrow.  I expect a tough game and if we win it, I expect us to win the next one in Boston too.

Sections
Shortcuts