Game 4 Thread: This is How it Will Go.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Game 4 Thread: This is How it Will Go.

The Celtics smell blood.

Game 4, potential sweep, national TV.

Knickerbockers are tough, real tough, but in the back of their minds they think, we can't beat these guys, they got too many weapons, they are too tough, too talented.

And subconsciously the Knicks are thusly thinking about vacations and golf and family time and a little of, "Let's just give in to it, it's inevitable, why drag it out".

Oh, it will be a tough game for a while, the Knicks will appear to be into it, for a while, but the outcome has been written -- why bother going back to Boston just to get clobbered? 

The Knicks will fold their tents and slink away into the off-season.

Boston Celtics sweep!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Game 4 Thread: This is How it Will Go.

I think they will throw everything but the kitchen sink at us. I think we win a tough hard faught game.  I actually respect the Knicks for playing so well the 1st two games. I think this time they played up not us playing down to them. Melo looked like he learned to play D watching Red on youtube.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Celtics by 20....

bench gets to break a sweat as the Core 4 take the last 10 minutes off and the Celtics cruise to a sweep of the NYKnicks !!!

I'm looking for Green, Kristic , Delonte and Von Wafer to get their groove going in the 4th....would also be great to see Sasha and Murphy if possible.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

I'm always wary of tempting fate, knowing that another Boston team managed the unthinkable, so I just want the guys in green to go in and get the job done professionally, with focus and with every ounce of a killer instinct.  Don't care if we win by 2 or by 20, just get the job done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Well, the Pacers didnt throw in the towel against the Bulls and look forward to vacations. DOubtful that takes place..

Cant expect the C's to get so many good looks & great shooting either like in game 3... 75% from PP & Ray on 19 attempts from the 3 is once in a blue moon type stuff.. even for them 2

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Game 4 Thread: This is How it Will Go.:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics smell blood. Game 4, potential sweep, national TV. Knickerbockers are tough, real tough, but in the back of their minds they think, we can't beat these guys, they got too many weapons, they are too tough, too talented. And subconsciously the Knicks are thusly thinking about vacations and golf and family time and a little of, "Let's just give in to it, it's inevitable, why drag it out". Oh, it will be a tough game for a while, the Knicks will appear to be into it, for a while, but the outcome has been written -- why bother going back to Boston just to get clobbered?  The Knicks will fold their tents and slink away into the off-season. Boston Celtics sweep!
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Rajon, I agree with everything you said. You are one of the optimistic Celtics fan that I love. Keep writing cause I enjoy reading your posts. We need fans like you.

I also said before the start of the playoffs that the Celtics will sweep the Knicks, and I still stand by my words.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Game 4 Thread: This is How it Will Go.:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics smell blood. Game 4, potential sweep, national TV. Knickerbockers are tough, real tough, but in the back of their minds they think, we can't beat these guys, they got too many weapons, they are too tough, too talented. And subconsciously the Knicks are thusly thinking about vacations and golf and family time and a little of, "Let's just give in to it, it's inevitable, why drag it out". Oh, it will be a tough game for a while, the Knicks will appear to be into it, for a while, but the outcome has been written -- why bother going back to Boston just to get clobbered?  The Knicks will fold their tents and slink away into the off-season. Boston Celtics sweep!
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

The Knicks have lost 2 of there 3 best players and could very easily be up 2 to 1 in this series with a shot here or there.

You say it almost as if the Knicks have a chance.  Imagine where the Cs would be had they lost KG in game, and Pierce went down in game 2 and was a shadow of himself in game 3 - the Knicks would be up 3 zip and the Cs would have no chance in game 4 and would be folding their tent and slinking away.

Under your rock you probably didn't see most of the experts picking the 3 seed vs. the 6 seed as a possible upset out of all the series.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Game 4 Thread: This is How it Will Go.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Game 4 Thread: This is How it Will Go. : The Knicks have lost 2 of there 3 best players and could very easily be up 2 to 1 in this series with a shot here or there. You say it almost as if the Knicks have a chance.  Imagine where the Cs would be had they lost KG in game, and Pierce went down in game 2 and was a shadow of himself in game 3 - the Knicks would be up 3 zip and the Cs would have no chance in game 4 and would be folding their tent and slinking away. Under your rock you probably didn't see most of the experts picking the 3 seed vs. the 6 seed as a possible upset out of all the series.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

This is true.  The outlook for todays game could easily have been different, but I'll take it. The bench play is a big concern for the next series; miami supposedly doesn't have a bench, but we'll see.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 Thread: This is How it Will Go. : This is true.  The outlook for todays game could easily have been different, but I'll take it. The bench play is a big concern for the next series; miami supposedly doesn't have a bench, but we'll see.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

The premise of the thread is what I find annoying as if the Cs are David and slaying Goliath..... it is quite the opposite... Goliath is beating David and during game 1 one of David's arms got tied behind his back and in game two David's other arm was tied behind his back and the author of thread is pounding his chest as if it is a fair fight, I find the whole thing kind of silly.  Um, they are winning, they are supposed to win and there would be zero talk about a sweep if Billups and Amare had not gone down, quite the opposite, the Cs may be looking at game 4 as a much win to keep from going down 3 to 1.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

it took a 46 point effort from wade to stop us sweeping the heat last year. the only way I see us losing this one is if melo drops 50

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]it took a 46 point effort from wade to stop us sweeping the heat last year. the only way I see us losing this one is if melo drops 50
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  It may be a close game, but the Celtics should win. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

I predict a win by NY, because Stern has mandated it...now way the 'blossuming' Knicks are allowed to be swept...this team is being made for the media center of the world, and will be given a win today...

we will be in foul trouble early, our boys will see the writing on the wall, and take the rest of the day off...NY gets a present from the Easter bunny...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Game 4 Thread: This is How it Will Go. : Rajon, I agree with everything you said. You are one of the optimistic Celtics fan that I love. Keep writing cause I enjoy reading your posts. We need fans like you. I also said before the start of the playoffs that the Celtics will sweep the Knicks, and I still stand by my words.

Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

-

Thanks, Chief.  As one true-believer to another we believe in constructive-criticism but not bashing or tearing players down.

But we also believe in talking trash (nothing wrong with that) and going into today's game you got to believe.

The Celtics played one of their better games in a while as it seems as if instead of just flipping a switch they are turning up the heat incrementally, letting different parts of the engine get warm before firing the after-burners.

There's blood in the water, the Knicks are wounded, but we know how tough they are, how tenacious, and we have the utmost respect for them:  heck, they got one guy who can almost beat you all by himself.

But I'm hoping the Celtics show them that all their efforts will, in the end, be futile. 

The Celtics will give them a reason to quit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 Thread: This is How it Will Go. : The premise of the thread is what I find annoying as if the Cs are David and slaying Goliath..... it is quite the opposite... Goliath is beating David and during game 1 one of David's arms got tied behind his back and in game two David's other arm was tied behind his back and the author of thread is pounding his chest as if it is a fair fight, I find the whole thing kind of silly.  Um, they are winning, they are supposed to win and there would be zero talk about a sweep if Billups and Amare had not gone down, quite the opposite, the Cs may be looking at game 4 as a much win to keep from going down 3 to 1.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

nobody on this board said at the beginning of the series that we were underdogs, but we ARE up 3-0. you can make all the excuses you want, injuries, tired, wrong pair of shoes, but as the experts say. in the playoffs there are no excuses. no one feels sorry for you after an injury. noone felt bad for us wen kg couldnt play for us two yrs ago and noone feels bad that we dont have our preffered starting center right now. its a grind it out league in the playoffs, and we have done that for 3 games. 

boston fans are proud, as we should be. are you mad bc Rondo is contributing? or bc we are winning all together.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 Thread: This is How it Will Go. : nobody on this board said at the beginning of the series that we were underdogs, but we ARE up 3-0. you can make all the excuses you want, injuries, tired, wrong pair of shoes, but as the experts say. in the playoffs there are no excuses. no one feels sorry for you after an injury. noone felt bad for us wen kg couldnt play for us two yrs ago and noone feels bad that we dont have our preffered starting center right now. its a grind it out league in the playoffs, and we have done that for 3 games.  boston fans are proud, as we should be. are you mad bc Rondo is contributing? or bc we are winning all together.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Very good post and I definitely agree with you.  It is unfortunate that New York has had injuries, but it happens.   As you stated, KG was injured and we still competed to the best of our ability.   Dudder is sometimes very negative and I am noit sure why.   He claims to be a Celtics fan, but certainly doesn't act like one.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game 4 Thread: This is How it Will Go. : Very good post and I definitely agree with you.  It is unfortunate that New York has had injuries, but it happens.   As you stated, KG was injured and we still competed to the best of our ability.   Dudder is sometimes very negative and I am noit sure why.   He claims to be a Celtics fan, but certainly doesn't act like one.   
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Dudder is like the Indians fan in the movie Major League 2, except he talks so much trash that he's actually started to believe the things hes saying. he is SICK right now bc Rondo is balling (like he always does in the playoffs) and bc we are not struggling in the playoffs like he predicted we would. so hes not ever going to be positive untill (if) we lose, then youll see him making the "told ya so" posts.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Philly just pulled one out against Miami.  Make em work, boys.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Really physical/bloody game.  Lot's of fouls.  Knicks play desperate.  Celtics get tired. Knicks win.  Celtics close it out in Boston.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Really physical/bloody game.  Lot's of fouls.  Knicks play desperate.  Celtics get tired. Knicks win.  Celtics close it out in Boston.
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]no way in hell celts lose today.... NONE!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

OMG, aw shucks & den some, we got the worst broadcasting team in the history of TV!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

RR COULD HAVE another 20 assists today. interesting that bb was first sub and he came in for kg and NOT for jo. doc is buying into jo...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

love what i am seeing right now from the celts bech... green and esp kristc look to be back. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

krystic looks active today. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

amazing what sitting on your butt for a few games will do to your game