game 5 hawks-celts thread: I blame this loss on PETEY til he starts Thursday's thread on time per usual and gets us rolling with PHILLY!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

game 5 hawks-celts...

Celtics:
    PG: Rajon Rondo
    SG: Avery Bradley
    SF: Paul Pierce
    PF: Brandon Bass
    C: Kevin Garnett

Hawks:
    PG: Jeff Teague
    SG: Joe Johnson
    SF: Marvin Williams
    PF: Josh Smith
    C: Al Horford

shocked at ya petey.. are u taking this game for granted? barring injury atl is TOAST. its all hands on deck for the celts. same with atl minus their backup center. love that rr is taking shots. he's on his way to being the indisputed best guard in the nba. paul is great but rr's highs are HIGHEST...period! per example, rondo leads the entire playoffs in total points, rebounds and assists contribution. kobe is second, bron is third and durant is 4th. that's all you need to know about rr's value!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: game 6 thread: hawks-celts

I think it is game 5, not six. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Good start, seems like they want to end this series tonight.
    Rondo is a little of target so far.
    Go C's, 4 in a row!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: game 6 thread: hawks-celts:
    [QUOTE]I think it is game 5, not six. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]my bad.. no clue y i did that. nba must hate this. for all say the league is fixed the next couple of nights will prove you wrong as all these series end in FIVE (minus knicks series). indy's gettting blowed out in the third. you see how great this team's interior defense has become? steamer and kg are BETTER than perk and kg, who would have thought that? give props to ainge for not blowing 9m at that position for less value and versaitlity.

btw, doc and that sideline gal looked HOT together. doc wanted a piece methinks!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: game 5 thread: hawks-celts

atlanta shooting sub 30% thus far.....good defense by the celts, now its time to put some points on the board....big shot by KG to end the quarter

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 6 thread: hawks-celts : my bad.. no clue y i did that. nba must hate this. for all say the league is fixed the next couple of nights will prove you wrong as all these series end in FIVE (minus knicks series). indy's gettting blowed out in the third. you see how great this team's interior defense has become?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I hope that you are right.  I really want to see the Celtics win tonight.  I don't see Orlando winning, although the game is very close.    I hope that Chicago can win another game at home. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

wow hollins is drawing alot of fouls....if nothing else, he is getting them in foul trouble early

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 6 thread: hawks-celts : I hope that you are right.  I really want to see the Celtics win tonight.  I don't see Orlando winning.  I hope that Chicago can win another game at home. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]chicago scares me. i want the fork put in them TONIGHT! dont want them hanging around. perhaps it will be close and they go down in overtime.. btw, doc has turned the rules on its head. you're supposed to only play 8-9 guys, here doc has dooling and hollins out there in prime time giving a different look. where's ab? bet quis will see sme time later as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Pietrus needs to give us something offensively, Ray can't be our only weapon of the bench. Stiemsma gives us valuable minutes but he's very limited on offense.
    I won't mention Hollins. Luckily for those guys they are fed by Rondo.
    Moore probably doesn't play D the way Doc wants but I'd like to see another scorer of the bench. Especially in the next round(s) we could need him. Like Nate Robinson who was an offensive spark.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

pp's not right but rather see him gutting it out. this team has so many looks to throw at you. doc has channelled his inner belichick!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 6 thread: hawks-celts : chicago scares me. i want the fork put in them TONIGHT! dont want them hanging around. perhaps it will be close and they go down in overtime.. btw, doc has turned the rules on its head. you're supposed to only play 8-9 guys, here doc has dooling and hollins out there in prime time giving a different look. where's ab? bet quis will see sme time later as well.

so doc is going with an 11 man rotation tonight? if they win, this could help them in the long run because it will give the starters some rest and give the bench players some playoff experience, so if a starter goes down, maybe we can survive a game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Pietrus needs to give us something offensively, Ray can't be our only weapon of the bench. Stiemsma gives us valuable minutes but he's very limited on offense. I won't mention Hollins. Luckily for those guys they are fed by Rondo. Moore probably doesn't play D the way Doc wants but I'd like to see another scorer of the bench. Especially in the next round(s) we could need him. Like Nate Robinson who was an offensive spark.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]

Agree that Pietrus hasn't contributed much offensively.  We are fortunate that Ray has recovered and able to play extended minutes.  We would be struggling without him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Pietrus needs to give us something offensively, Ray can't be our only weapon of the bench. Stiemsma gives us valuable minutes but he's very limited on offense. I won't mention Hollins. Luckily for those guys they are fed by Rondo. Moore probably doesn't play D the way Doc wants but I'd like to see another scorer of the bench. Especially in the next round(s) we could need him. Like Nate Robinson who was an offensive spark.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]y r u ignoring dooling off the pine? peach is there for DEFENSE! dont be shocked if both jj and moore see some run in the next series or with miami.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 6 thread: hawks-celts : Agree that Pietrus hasn't contributed much offensively.  We are fortunate that Ray has recovered and able to play extended minutes.  We would be struggling without him. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

pietrus really hasnt been the same since his injury.....some points from him would be nice though

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 6 thread: hawks-celts : so doc is going with an 11 man rotation tonight? if they win, this could help them in the long run because it will give the starters some rest and give the bench players some playoff experience, so if a starter goes down, maybe we can survive a game.
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

I believe that Doc has this rotation because of all of the recent injuries.  Pierce, Bradley and Ray are all still slightly injured and shouldn't be playing extended minutes. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

mann, atl really sukkks. i have not seen a playoff team miss as many wide open shots from their starters in a game that must be won from the outside on their part. this team must be blowed out after the season!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Bass' shots aren't falling but I like his effort, he's going to the rim, trying to get offensive rebounds. He finally seems to have his nerves under control.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsfan4ever. Show celtsfan4ever's posts

Pierces knee looks like its really bothering him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Another dreadful game by Eastern Conference mediocre teams...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

Horrible 2nd quarter on both ends of the court..... they are sleep walking...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 6 thread: hawks-celts : y r u ignoring dooling off the pine? peach is there for DEFENSE! dont be shocked if both jj and moore see some run in the next series or with miami.

I hope Dooling can deliver consistently, he hasn't done that in the regular season.
    Our bench remains our Achilles heel, luckily this is Atlanta and the Eastern Conference is very thin but at some point I feel it will come back to haunt us.
    I don't think Doc will play JJJ but Moore brings us something, in the few minutes he played he proved he can step in and produce on that end.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

where's Steamer?

in the dog...doc house?

Hollins in first...really?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

Then don't watch Mark CT!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 6 thread: hawks-celts : I hope Dooling can deliver consistently, he hasn't done that in the regular season. Our bench remains our Achilles heel, luckily this is Atlanta and the Eastern Conference is very thin but at some point I feel it will come back to haunt us. I don't think Doc will play JJJ but Moore brings us something, in the few minutes he played he proved he can step in and produce on that end.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]

Moore is a rookie with upside, he plays with confidence, I have no idea why Doc does not give this kid minutes. Doc's philosphy of not playing rookies, has to go!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 6 thread: hawks-celts : Moore is a rookie with upside, he plays with confidence, I have no idea why Doc does not give this kid minutes. Doc's philosphy of not playing rookies, has to go!
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't have to go!   Evidence - Rajon Rondo and Avery Bradley currently as well as the many other rookies like West, Jefferson, and Gomes.  They all learn to play MUCH better after some tutoring.    The second best evidence is:  WINNING!   Doc's formula has worked and I like it.  Rookies work their way into important roles but not when they are learning and making huge mistakes that cost games.