game 5 hawks-celts thread: I blame this loss on PETEY til he starts Thursday's thread on time per usual and gets us rolling with PHILLY!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: game 5 thread: hawks-celts

The Hawks focused better in the last two minutes.  KG lost focus on a shot.  PP couldn't finish the layup.  And the Hawks kept their composure after the last turnover.

Oh well, on to game 6.  We need Pierce to get better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: game 5 thread: hawks-celts:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 5 thread: hawks-celts : Who was open????
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Rondo needed to drive to the hoop not the sideline. Awful not to even hoist a shot. If he drives into the lane guys would be open.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo needed to take the ball to the basket and get a foul which he could have.

Reggie Miller kept saying Rondo needed to be more offensive minded and not rely on PP.  Seconds later he makes a great steal and goes into the left corner.  Surprising to say the least.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

wow.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]THAT SHOULDA BEEN A FOUL! THE REFS CHEATED US!
    Posted by BostonIrishGuy[/QUOTE]

Heinsohn! is that you?
    LMAO!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Good defense by the Hawks to funnel Rondo towards the corner and cut off any outlet passes.

Let it go and move on. We'll take this in 6 games.

Fact is, we wouldn't have been in that position, with a chance to win the game, had Rondo not played as well as he did. Perhaps he could have handled that final possession a bit better, but all things considered, there wasn't much he could do. Good defense by the Hawks, move on and win in game 6.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 5 thread: hawks-celts : obviously you arent going to be able to pass the ball if you dribble yourself into a corner like that....he made a great play by stealing the ball and then just had a mental lapse and crapped all over it...im not sure if the celts had any timeouts left, but if they did, its on doc that he didnt call one there because that play never looked good
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

No timeouts left. Rondo needed to drive to the hoop. Your right redsox. He drove to the sideline corner. Horrible. He is the point guard with all kinds of speed and quickness. To not even get a shot off after the steal is pretty bad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 5 thread: hawks-celts : Rondo needed to drive to the hoop not the sideline. Awful not to even hoist a shot. If he drives into the lane guys would be open.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

exactly, driving to the corner like he did was a terrible idea and it left him stranded out there with little time to do anything.....well hopefully he comes out and makes up for it in game 6....but i feel this was a huge loss with the health issues this team has, they need all the rest they can get.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]Good defense by the Hawks to funnel Rondo towards the corner and cut off any outlet passes. Let it go and move on. We'll take this in 6 games. Fact is, we wouldn't have been in that position, with a chance to win the game, had Rondo not played as well as he did. Perhaps he could have handled that final possession a bit better, but all things considered, there wasn't much he could do. Good defense by the Hawks, move on and win in game 6.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Don't be fooled. Rondo did not play well. He played a great final 3 minutes in the 3rd. He once again was too inconsistent. Great steal. I will give him that. But as the point guard you have to drive that ball to the basket. No excuses. They should have won that game. Instead of getting a little rest they have to go right back to it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 5 thread: hawks-celts : exactly, driving to the corner like he did was a terrible idea and it left him stranded out there with little time to do anything.....well hopefully he comes out and makes up for it in game 6....but i feel this was a huge loss with the health issues this team has, they need all the rest they can get.

You are right redsox. Bad loss. No rest for this older team, which could have used it, especially Pierce. You stated something huge about Rondo though: 'hoping he comes out and makes up for it'. He lacks consistency. Even is this game. He was just so inconsistent. It can drive a fan crazy. He just checks out of games. Can't figure him out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 5 thread: hawks-celts : obviously you arent going to be able to pass the ball if you dribble yourself into a corner like that....he made a great play by stealing the ball and then just had a mental lapse and crapped all over it...im not sure if the celts had any timeouts left, but if they did, its on doc that he didnt call one there because that play never looked good

no to's left..doc would have called it and designed the last shot...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]Take us home Rondo!!!
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

i did'n mean it literally!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: game 5 thread: hawks-celts, I blame this loss on PETEY!

Makes a steal and was funneled to the baseline and it's his fault we lost?  how about PP playing hero ball taking that shot early in the clock against Joe Johnson.  How about Bass not being able to guard Horford or J. Smith or Paul leaving Williams open in the corner for open 3s?  If it wasnt for Rondo the game wouldn't have been close.

I would hate for Rondo to score 50 and we lose.  It is never enough with some BDC fans.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 5 thread: hawks-celts : i did'n mean it literally!
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]
    Too late now...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: game 5 thread: hawks-celts : No timeouts left. Rondo needed to drive to the hoop. Your right redsox. He drove to the sideline corner. Horrible. He is the point guard with all kinds of speed and quickness. To not even get a shot off after the steal is pretty bad.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]
    Really? Just drive to the hoop huh? Thats genius, I'm sure Rondo didn't realize that....
    You don't think it was good defense by the Hawks to force him into a corner? If it had been the other way around you would have praised the defense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Rivers killed two Celtics with one 'stoned' move. Now Paul is really hobbling and the team lost. No guarantee they win without him but he was -13 for the game, cause he could not play D (or O). But the big issue going forward (assuming Paul can hobble along) is Brandon Bass; he was -22; yeah, he really was. They are trying to get him to play like a champion, or at least not a chump, but wow - he is the incredible shrinking man. Anybody miss Baby now? [bet Doc does]. They don't have another power forward; only alternative is to use KG at the 4 and go with Hollins and Steamer at the 5.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Let Steams play some 5....We are getting killed by Smith and Horford

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: game 5 thread: hawks-celts, I blame this loss on PETEY!:
    [QUOTE]Rivers killed two Celtics with one 'stoned' move. Now Paul is really hobbling and the team lost. No guarantee they win without him but he was -13 for the game, cause he could not play D (or O). But the big issue going forward (assuming Paul can hobble along) is Brandon Bass; he was -22; yeah, he really was. They are trying to get him to play like a champion, or at least not a chump, but wow - he is the incredible shrinking man. Anybody miss Baby now? [bet Doc does]. They don't have another power forward; only alternative is to use KG at the 4 and go with Hollins and Steamer at the 5.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]
    Baby was really lights out last year in the playoffs.  He could not have been worse. Bass has fourteen points tonight.  Pierce and Rondo did not play well in crunch time and that is why we lost.   Bradley had two points so put him on your list as well. We will win game six.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

They have shot well in 1 game. Literally. They should be happy to be in the position they are in. Brandon Bass has really killed them. I'm thinking he's given ATL 10-15 dunks or layups on flat out blow assigments. Really really bad. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well lets hope this was the 1st and last game thread Communist starts

Our resident gossip/tabloid magazine headline writer jinx'd the team by not even knowing what game we were in and posting it was game 6 before the tip...ugh

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Well its game 6 now....lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Well lets hope this was the 1st and last game thread Communist starts Our resident gossip/tabloid magazine headline writer jinx'd the team by not even knowing what game we were in and posting it was game 6 before the tip...ugh
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]hey its rim-me, our resident reactor. you know what, i waited til almost the end of the first quarter for petey to start his usual thread or for you mr. reactor diva to beat me to it. you wait per usual til the end to throw some pooop like the low iq monkey that you really are. i just saw the TO dr. phil interview, that could have easily beeen you. you seem tohave similar personality dynamics.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Good defense by the Hawks to funnel Rondo towards the corner and cut off any outlet passes. Let it go and move on. We'll take this in 6 games. Fact is, we wouldn't have been in that position, with a chance to win the game, had Rondo not played as well as he did. Perhaps he could have handled that final possession a bit better, but all things considered, there wasn't much he could do. Good defense by the Hawks, move on and win in game 6.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

6-17 shooting is not good

for the entire fourth quarter, rondo punted on all effort to score.  that's not good.  as time goes on and rondo removes himself from being a scoring threat in the fourth quarter (i saw numerous occasions where he could have pushed the ball for a layup but apparently did not want to risk getting near the free throw line) then the more predictable our offense gets.

by the time you're down the final minute, it's the rondo-looking-to-pass-and-go-hide show and he passes off and then his man stays with one of our other active scorers since rondo has proven himself to be no scoring threat.

it's a horrible way for a point guard to end a game.  rondo brought us back at the end of the third quarter and then set the table for an awful finish by being too predictable in the fourth.

add into that the HORRENDOUS interior defense by HOLLINS and BASS and you have a loss.  this team is too old to be messsing around with "going 6" against a putrid team like ATL.

next up is PHI, another lousy team with a lock down guy to bug the crap out of pierce and a lot of other guys, mostly 6-1 to 6-3 who seem to show up and be 'celtic killers'.  why should be be happy to "go 6" vs ATL when this game was there for the TAKING and we could have gotten some rest for pierce.

simply a terrible awful stupid loss.  inexcusable.  so maybe philly takes us in 6 or 7.  every game kg plays 40 mins, he gets more and more tired.....  but whatever, this is life with a sloppily amassed roster and a mercurial PG and sub standard #4 in bass and bench players who seem deceivingly "explosive" with a great "motor" yet can't play D (HOLLINS).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Makes a steal and was funneled to the baseline and it's his fault we lost?  how about PP playing hero ball taking that shot early in the clock against Joe Johnson.  How about Bass not being able to guard Horford or J. Smith or Paul leaving Williams open in the corner for open 3s?  If it wasnt for Rondo the game wouldn't have been close. I would hate for Rondo to score 50 and we lose.  It is never enough with some BDC fans.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

welcome to hell.  this is what bass has been known for his whole career. 

at least fatty fat fatso glen davis could go out there and mash the crap out of someone's 5.  if anyone really believes the bass project was really a good idea in favor of NOT having ainge do his job and iron out doc river's daddy dearest problems with glen that were...  unprofessional to say the least- you need your head examined.

bass scored a little bit tonight for a change.  and played HORRIBLE defense.  when you're an AGING team with an ELITE HELP DEFENSE system in place, why would you ever get rid of the LYNCH PIN of the help defense, the enabler if you will?  that's what davis was- he enabled all the switches, then got back QUICKLy and interrupted passing lanes like bill fitch was sending secret messages out to the bench through the waterboy.  glen drew charges.  a lot of them.

bass turns his head sideways or goes and makes a completley unadvisable "switch" or "help" and/or never gets back to cover from his switch (never switches back).  he's utterly lost in this system.  so the other team gets layups.  and if we abandon the help system then guys like pierce, kg and ray will feel their age more than ever- it was the great freshness preserver for them, wtih one frenetic fatty fat fatso young guy doing all the work to hold stuff together.  davis paid for a lot of rondo's gambling for steals too.

welcome to hell.  dysfunctional help defensive system and terrible overall defense from wonderboy bass.  sure hope it was worth saving 2 million a year to get horrible at what we did best last year and for YEARS

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Bass was terrible again.  Deer in the headlughts syndrome when he has possession of the ball unless its an open jumper. Defensively a nightmare. Watching him closely you will realize he is lost much of the time on both sides of the court.

Rondo... I posted yesterday, dont get too excited over his great game 4.. voila. He played a decent 1/2 a game.... and i just knew when me made that steal, it was gonna be all Rondo for the winning shot... only we never got one.  Ive noticed at the end of quarters (usually) he will pound and pound the ball... no movememtn and then be "forced" into a have...which I believe is an excuse he looks for to take a no pressure...I had no choice but to heave a hero shot.