Game 5 is ours

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Game 5 is ours

cant believe the Celtics will fold in 5 to the Heat who still are not that
    great; we should win tonite and play a great game. i still hate DA for his stupid trades, but the core 4 has one more big win in them at least

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Game 5 is ours

In Response to Game 5 is ours:

cant believe the Celtics will fold in 5 to the Heat who still are not that great; we should win tonite and play a great game. i still hate DA for his stupid trades, but the core 4 has one more big win in them at least

Posted by bramrok

-

I don't see why this group can't win Game 5.  They won on the road all year, especially when they had to.

Tired legs and all, this team is all heart. there ain't no quit in these guys.  They ain't the Fakers.  If they go down it will because they got flatout beat by a better team.

The C's will make them prove it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Game 5 is ours:

Still would like to see Doc throw a Zone D at the Heat now and then to keep them off balance and help our guys save some energy, especially when he runs the small line up that can rotate and cover the perimeter. This team has too much heart to go down without a fight ... I'm sensing an upset.

Posted by Mployee8

-

I'll be upset if we don't see an upset.

As for Doc, I hope he realizes that Jeff Green is a turnover machine who has hands kind of like Perks.

And as for Baby, I love him dearly, but there comes a time that when the person who took you to the dance gets so drunk that he cannot drive, then you got to go with a person who did not get you to the dance. 

If Baby can't contribute, Doc, then use him sparingly and let someone else try to come up big for you.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it:  if it is broke, please, fix it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

cant believe the Celtics will fold in 5 to the Heat who still are not that great; we should win tonite and play a great game. i still hate DA for his stupid trades, but the core 4 has one more big win in them at least
    Posted by bramrok

If heart has anything to do with it, the Celts have a chance. But that trade bit us in the end.
    Jeff Green is a better player than Perkins, and the Celts are still as good defensively, just watch the two playoff series they have been in. However the only risk of breaking up a starting five who had played together for four years and was cruising along to the number one seed in the EAST was the risk of losing that number one seed as Green and Krstic learned to fit in, find roles etc. And that is exactly what happened. Picture a Celtic lineup of Garnett, Pierce, Perkins, Rondo and Allen with Delonte, Jermaine and Baby off the bench playing Atlanta (who we were 4-0 against) in the second round. While Miami and Chicago pound the heck out each other. It not only could have been that way, it WOULD HAVE been that way. And THAT is the one reason this turned out to be a KILLER trade for the veteran guys, it was their last chance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Game 5 is ours : If heart has anything to do with it, the Celts have a chance. But that trade bit us in the end. Jeff Green is a better player than Perkins, and the Celts are still as good defensively, just watch the two playoff series they have been in.   However the only risk of breaking up a starting five who had played together for four years and was cruising along to the number one seed in the EAST was the risk of losing that number one seed as Green and Krstic learned to fit in, find roles etc. And that is exactly what happened.   Picture a Celtic lineup of Garnett, Pierce, Perkins, Rondo and Allen with Delonte, Jermaine and Baby off the bench playing Atlanta (who we were 4-0 against) in the second round. While Miami and Chicago pound the heck out each other. It not only could have been that way, it WOULD HAVE been that way. And THAT is the one reason this turned out to be a KILLER trade for the veteran guys, it was their last chance.

Posted by Celtics1986

-

Water under the bridge.

That's all in the past. There is no sense in rehashing that now.  To say what?  That you knew better?  Or I told you so? I have no respect for that sensibility now.  It's to no avail.

We have the team we have . .  now!

We got to ride them to the finish. 

Men gamble, and sometimes they put their money on the wrong horse.  So what?  Life's a gamble.

Ps. Why are you SHOUTING in big bold type?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

I was a Baby fan since he arrived but as you probably remember, I soured on him pre-season as it finally dawned on me that he could not rebound or score from the low post ... his best days were at PF, shooting jumpers as a replacement for an injured KG. Have been mighty impressed with J O'Neal's play since his return from surgery ... he looks born again though you can't tell from his facial expressions ... You must be at least half-an-O'Neal happy, no? So if no Baby or Green then who ... last man sitting is Murph ... Ok? And what of Pavlovic, Kristic, Wafer & Arroyo ... will someone step forward? Personally I think the starters have been gutsy with all the time they've logged and am somewhat disappointed with Doc's personnel management ... But Doc's always been a veteran guy and prefers the devil he knows to the one he doesn't. That's on Danny and Doc for not resolving. Enjoy the game today! PS: Just found out about your blog ... I'll be visiting you there.
    Posted by Mployee8

You forgot to mention the bet you lost when you bet against Big Baby in preseason. LMAO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Game 5 is ours : - I'll be upset if we don't see an upset. As for Doc, I hope he realizes that Jeff Green is a turnover machine who has hands kind of like Perks. And as for Baby, I love him dearly, but there comes a time that when the person who took you to the dance gets so drunk that he cannot drive, then you got to go with a person who did not get you to the dance.  If Baby can't contribute, Doc, then use him sparingly and let someone else try to come up big for you. If it ain't broke, don't fix it:  if it is broke, please, fix it.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Davis has been awful during the playoffs this year.  Just not sure who else to play if not Green.  He has contributed more than Glen, although, not always consistent either.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Posted by bramrok

Absolutely - that is exactly how I see it as well..... the Heat have beaten the Cs four of the last 5 times they met and the Heat will be at home with their crowd, etc.  That all points directly to a Cs win...... what was it on the Seinfeld episode Bizarroworld - where everything happens backwards....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

We just need to survive the emotional push their crowd will give them early. Don't try to win the game in the 1st half. If they do get a lead think in terms of not letting it go above 15. Doc needs to coach to get to the 4th quarter. If it means resting guys early do it. The Heat will tighten if they know they can't put us away and we just give up like the Lakers.

Keep them fresh and in the 4th ride the Big 3.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Game 5 is ours if C's are the instigators. If they play denying the ball in every possession..push and move around the Heat players...thats it...is the only way C's can take Heat's three out of their game...and if either a. Doc benches Davis or b. Davis plays better or c.Kristic does a better job than Davis. I like the c. one..Davis has been a huge walking lump in the court!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

We just need to survive the emotional push their crowd will give them early. Don't try to win the game in the 1st half. If they do get a lead think in terms of not letting it go above 15. Doc needs to coach to get to the 4th quarter. If it means resting guys early do it. The Heat will tighten if they know they can't put us away and we just give up like the Lakers. Keep them fresh and in the 4th ride the Big 3.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Totally agree, the first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes of the first half are crucial. Wade and James are veteran enough to know that they better close this out tonight, otherwise it is the Heat who will be on the wrong side of the momentum and pressure for the rest of the series.

Plus, this series is probably the biggest ratings grabber left in these play-offs, Stern might make sure this thing goes another game or 2......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

If we are going to win the series we have to win in Miami so - 2-2 or 3-1 isn't that big of a deal.  If we can't win in Miami we can't win the series.  Be that one game or 2 games, so - this game is just a matter of can we win in Miami.  If they prove they can do that, they have a great chance at taking the series.  It puts the pressure back on LJ and DW if we win this game even if they do have a 3-2 advantage still.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

We just need to survive the emotional push their crowd will give them early. Don't try to win the game in the 1st half. If they do get a lead think in terms of not letting it go above 15. Doc needs to coach to get to the 4th quarter. If it means resting guys early do it. The Heat will tighten if they know they can't put us away and we just give up like the Lakers. Keep them fresh and in the 4th ride the Big 3.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Absolutely agree...just need to hang around like Heat did in game 4...hopefully Doc will get the starters some rest by taking advantage of the easy match ups;yes the 2 and 3 are hellatious, but the 1, 4, and 5 are relativley easy match ups, which means Arroyo, Murphy, Kristic can all go 5 minutes and be OK on defense; on offense all 3 are rusty as hell (since they've seen 0 minutes) so they would need to mixed in with starters and key bench players, not put out all together.

Supporting this view, below are quotes about Phil Jackson from two great former coaches (it's from ESPN, here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/news/story?page=5-on-5-110509-Phil-Jackson.
    What is something that other coaches should steal from Phil? Bill Fitch: The importance of not putting your best five on the floor at the same time. Odom was a good example of that this year. I've always felt that Rick Carlisle has done a great job of using his bench. He may have learned from Phil, I don't know, but Carlisle did a fantastic job of coaching. Phil used what he had but in the end he didn't have all the ammo he needed.Dr. Jack Ramsay: Phil is very patient with players, even when they make errors. But at the same time, he holds them accountable -- especially at the defensive end. Players respond well to that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I was a Baby fan since he arrived but as you probably remember, I soured on him pre-season as it finally dawned on me that he could not rebound or score from the low post ... his best days were at PF, shooting jumpers as a replacement for an injured KG. Have been mighty impressed with J O'Neal's play since his return from surgery ... he looks born again though you can't tell from his facial expressions ... You must be at least half-an-O'Neal happy, no? So if no Baby or Green then who ... last man sitting is Murph ... Ok? And what of Pavlovic, Kristic, Wafer & Arroyo ... will someone step forward? Personally I think the starters have been gutsy with all the time they've logged and am somewhat disappointed with Doc's personnel management ... But Doc's always been a veteran guy and prefers the devil he knows to the one he doesn't. That's on Danny and Doc for not resolving. Enjoy the game today! PS: Just found out about your blog ... I'll be visiting you there.

Posted by Mployee8

-

Just a quick reply to agree with this before I run:

Have been mighty impressed with J O'Neal's play since his return from surgery ... he looks born again though you can't tell from his facial expressions ... You must be at least half-an-O'Neal happy, no?

I'm glad to hear someone give JO his due.  I could not agree with you more.  If Baby & Green were playing up to their ability the way JO is, I don't think we'd be down 1 - 3.

Doc's in a tough place with two players, important bench guys, playing poorly.  I'd like to see Kristic more, but he's a center. I like DWest at the two though, we need his scoring.

It's a bad time for good players to go bad.  What's a Doc to do.  Play the starters 48 minutes . . .  yeah, right.

Ps: The blogs just an amateur effort but fun.  I may enable comments soon.

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Today's game will show the true heart of a champion. Celtics have too much pride to go down like the lakers did. They will put up a fight. They will win game 5 and force a game 6 in Boston, and they will not allow Miami to celebrate in Boston. We will see a game 7

Sections
Shortcuts