Game observations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chapter10. Show chapter10's posts

Re: Game observations

In Response to Re: Game observations:
    [QUOTE] I want to see KG get agggressive on offense and stop playing like a "SF". Get greedy and look to score 20 pts and grab 13 rebs. He defers way too much and it lets his defender off the hook. Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Um didn't KG score 15 pts, 13 Rebs, throw in his 3 take aways, 3 assists and 3 steals and was a +3 (which speaks to his defence last night). Just saying don't look at just small segments of the game, his overall game last night was great.
    It was an exciting game...Knicks are an exciting and talented team, but the Celtics are going to keep coming, and getting the job done!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

I think they'll revise the scouting report.  It was mentioned to push Amare to his left.  Unfortunately, he went left and continued to the hoop, using it to screen the help defender.  I think we'll see KG go a little more straight up or even send Amare to the middle where JO can help more readily.

I would however like to see KG a little more aggressive and get a few down on the blocks.

PA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

KG had 5 big offensive rebound (and the Celtics had 15). Hope Doc keeps freeing up his guys to hit the glass for second chance points, as other teams have been doing to the Celtics all year. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game observations : Um didn't KG score 15 pts, 13 Rebs, throw in his 3 take aways, 3 assists and 3 steals and was a +3 (which speaks to his defence last night). Just saying don't look at just small segments of the game, his overall game last night was great. It was an exciting game...Knicks are an exciting and talented team, but the Celtics are going to keep coming, and getting the job done!
    Posted by chapter10[/QUOTE]

KG had 15 and 13 but gave up 28 & 11.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Celtics won. My point, look at ALL the other playoff games. It is now the NPA, (National Parity Association). It's all gonna be tough and that makes it better for us fans. Sit back, bite your nails, and enjoy.

Go Boston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

When Russ played Chamberlain (and I watched those matchups a number of times) Wilt invariably beat Russ in stats but almost always lost the game.  I'm not saying KG is the second coming of Russ; what I am saying is that the only stat that matters is who comes out on the high side of the final score.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Hey Hey if it wasnt for the lob to KG the game would've been out of reach.  I think the Knicks wanted it more, until their floor general went down they were pretty much in control... but i'll take the W by any means

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Hey if it wasnt for the lob to KG the game would've been out of reach.  I think the Knicks wanted it more, until their floor general went down they were pretty much in control... but i'll take the W by any means
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Good point!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Hey Hey if it wasnt for the lob to KG the game would've been out of reach.  I think the Knicks wanted it more, until their floor general went down they were pretty much in control... but i'll take the W by any means
    Posted by KGLove

Right after the Knick floor leader went down, his replacement drained a killer 3 pointer that could have been the game with only 37 secs left.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

[QUOTE]It's funny how when Rondo gets torched we don't hear the excuse train for him like we do when KG gets torched. I think KG will bounce back but he's going to have to stop deferring and act like he wants to take over. You would never see a guy like Bird defer as much as KG does. I don't care about all the intimidation looks, cursing or snarls. I'd like to see him put up some big numbers because that's what we're going to need. If he just gets aggressive with all of his posts moves Amare will be sitting on the bench in foul trouble...game over. So I'm not overly criticizing KG but we need his presence to be felt in these games.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Hey do you not see the Rondo hater section after every game? You have got to be joking. 

KG had a terrible night shooting, and was playing sub par on defense. Not one of his best nights but he has nights like this. If you have been watching KGs game the past couple years in the postseason this is exactly what you should expect. 

It's the playoffs games like this happen. Just one and were going to need better performances from him if we want another banner. He obviously though is what makes this train go, and everyone including himself knows it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticreuven. Show celticreuven's posts

I think Rondo's been horrible.  He's at best now a mediocre point guard.  He absolutely doesn't facilitate anything.  If the defense hangs back off him, either hit a shot or find a way inside to push it back out.  All in all, watching him now he is a complete waste.

For about twelve minutes of that game we looked championship caliber.  That was it.  The rest of the game we were mediocre.

JON had a great game.  But still hoping SHAQ can come back at some time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Oh c'mon KG was getting abused let's just call it was it is. Amare was dunking, hitting J's and taking it to the hoop. KG is suppose to be our best big defender. I know Amare is good but he was making KG look like a backup.
    Posted by BiasLewis

You aren't suggesting we cut him, trade him, or have him retire like you did JO are you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framdude. Show framdude's posts

You can take it to the bank. Nobody, I mean nobody is going to take on Amare.Period. there is no one who can play defense on him. you have to be quick on your feet and you have to have length to bother his shot.
    He gives you a quick jab step and pulls back for an elbow jumper. when his shots are going all you can do is pray. If you play close to him, he can blow by you like he did couple of time for a dunk and an insane spin layup.
    the knock on Amare has always been his immaturity and his lack of desire to play defense, it seems like he has finally matured and realized that he wants to win badly.
    getting on KG's grill is absolute nonsense. KG could have been more aggressive on the offensive end, I agree. But defensively KG did all he could.
    If you put BBD, Amare shoots over him or gives a quick step and blows by him and BBD will be still watching Amare's rear. The guy is playing like a man possessed. someone should have puched BBD in the mouth for saying stupid things and trash talking.
    Jeff Green is too light and too little to even bother Amare, he can back him down and shoot 5 foot jump hooks. He is a matchup nightmare.
    JON played well on couple of possessions, Celtics need to do a better job sending different double teams at different spots to keep Amare guessing. KG cannot defend Amare one on one. They have to funnel him towards the baseline for a tougher shot or to help defense.
    KG is what 33-34 and Amare is 28-29, its not even fair comparison at this point.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

I have been watching KG play Amare for a long long time. In the Past, KG has almost always gotten the best of Amare. That includes the 2008 Suns game at Boston Garden. In the first half of the game, KG was concerned about fouls, and Amare was jawing away and scoring. Then the second half started, and KG absolutely destroyed Amare. Like a magician, he made Amare disappear.

Last night, KG looked amped at first, and he could not make two foot shots. However, I must admit that this is the first time I have seen KG play this poorly against Amare. Yes, at the end of the game KG covered him well, but I have never seen Amare blow by KG like he did last night.

It will be interesting to see if KG will respond in the next game. Amare was going left alot last night, something that he has not done much in the past. My guess is that Amare won't find it so easy next game. I will still bet on KG.

By the way, KG has always been a better defender than Duncan. Duncan has been a better shot blocker, but his game was never speed and quickness.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Stoudemire came into the league in 2004 –2005.  He became a second string all star and stayed  a second string all star until a year after KG left the western conference in 2009.

Stoudemire has been a first string all star in 2009, 2010, and 2011.

Amare has never been first team , second team, or even third team all NBA

KG on the other hand has started eleven all star games, been first team all NBA four times, second team all NBA three times and third team all NBA two times. KG has also been league MVP, defensive player of the year, eight time first team defensive all NBA, and two time second team defensive all NBA

Has Amare really passed KG? Maybe, but it will take more than one game for me to believe it.

KG did make Amare disappear for a time last night, however, now that the jitters are gone, and adjustments can be made, we will see if Amare can still play at such a high level.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Amare Softemire has come a long way, but he is still soft as a feather on defense under the bucket for only 80% of the game now.  He's gotten his blocked shots up to repsectable but still stands around too much on D.

KG had a horrible shooting night on a lot of makeable shots.  KG has to push the issue and get to the line in this series and from here on out.  Shooting free throws will ensure that he gets his stroke in order too.

Davis played Amare pretty well last night and then he got hot and nobody could slow him down.  KG not so much.  JO too slow.  Amare is their superstar, to some extent, he'll get his. 

Crumelo is looking like a stupid star and we have to do EVERYTHING we can to keep him from getting going.  I'd think that would also involve running some post up plays for Jeff Green- Crumelo was committing fouls last night on court side fans he was so out of it, really seemed to want the foul trouble.

Don't sweat what Amare gets, but one thing is for sure, KG has to get more himself and keep Amare busier on D.  Do that and a lot of things will just fall into place.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Absolutely. the easiest way to slow down the scoring threat is to make them play defense, so they aren't so spry on offense..I also like the idea of putting green on him just to give him differenct looks..Green is quick enough to stay with him and hopefully turn him into a jump shooter...He will still score, but a least he has to shoot lights out to do it..no lay ups or dunks...he does'nt pass the ball any way.. Thankfully for us, there is only one ball, so its either carmelo or Studlymier....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]When Amare was with the Suns he usually has 1 great game in a playoff series. After that he usually tapers off.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I really hope that he has a bad game tonight.  That would really help the Celtics.  I am not sure that this will happen, but I will remain optimistic.  The Celtics really have to play better tonight to win.  They could have easily lost the first game.  Additionally, the bench has to be better tonight and going forward. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Wow, I guess rust is just totally out the equation after taking a week off.  Jeeesh!  Relax.  We played a poor half after not playing a week.  The 2nd half we erased a large deficit and got back on track.  We are ready to roll.  Relax and stop hammering K.G.  The guy is 34 y/o, going against a stud in his 20's.  You are askign K.G. to do things he hasnt done all year.  If he gets a double, double, his job is done.  Paul and Ray are our scorers. and Kristic can score inside easily agianst the Knicks, its up to Doc to play him, and make sure Green shoots when he is in.  You want K.G. to play lights out Defense against one of the best PF's in the league, and you want him to score 30 and grab 20 boards too?  We have a team, how about telling Green to step up and carry the bench with his young legs?!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Oh, and BTW, Amare was supposedly playing mad because of Big Baby's comments and JON, and K.G. had to bear the brunt of Amares punishment.  Baby would have got an earful from me about respecting opponents and stepping his game up....but if that was Amare with an attitude, Im fine. He wont play better than he did last game, and if he does, than we just have to stop everyone else.  1st game, thats all.  I mean Landry does nothing for them as a starter and douglas may have to start.  We are good!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, I guess rust is just totally out the equation after taking a week off.  Jeeesh!  Relax.  We played a poor half after not playing a week.  The 2nd half we erased a large deficit and got back on track.  We are ready to roll.  Relax and stop hammering K.G.  The guy is 34 y/o, going against a stud in his 20's.  You are askign K.G. to do things he hasnt done all year.  If he gets a double, double, his job his done.  Paul and ray are our scorers. and Kristic can score inside easily agianst the Knicks, its up to Doc to play him, and make sure Greens shoots when he is in.  YOu want K.G. to play lights out Defense against one of the best PF's in the league, and you want him to score 30 and grab 20 boards too.  We have a team, how about telling Green to step up and carry the bench with his young legs?!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Nice post..  Cant expect KG to shut down Amare.. hes just too good both inside and out.  He needs some help here and there but Amare gonna score 20+ every game most likely. \

We need KG to bring more offensively. Get his jumper going and cause a little problem inside.. as best he can. KG is not good under the basket but against the Knicks, he could be more effective than usual cause they are small.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Good point about BBD's big mouth. Sometimes this guy says some stupid things.

So Amare goes off in game 1 and BBD shoots 1-8. 

Maybe BBD should have begged Doc to put him on Amare all game cause hes easy to guard. Would have solved all our problems.

Really, if nothing else, BBD should keep his mouth shut until hes delivering the goods himself. At least then he'll have a leg to stand on albeit a wobbly one

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Just have to force that matchup with him and Turiaf....thats major.  K.G. needs to make a quick move before the double...he can shoot over the top of him all day, but our offense looked out of sync 1st half....I would think we will look much better after the experience....green has to be better...he cant get worse.  Baby will be better and our offensive flow will be better with Rondo attacking more, which I fully expect with Billups hobbled.

Sections
Shortcuts