Game observations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Game observations

Gut wrenching game and I'm glad the first game jitters are over. I think the C's will take control of the series now...IF we can find someone to cover Amare.

KG really needs to step up. I know he had a double-double but it seems like he's timid around the basket now and doesn't have the lift. Amare gave it to him all night.

BBD was horrible and I'm not sure what's going on with him. We need more production from him, West and Green off the bench.

JON was great...just great. 4 blocks and 6-6 FGs. We need that again.

Rondo needs to learn we don't have to throw long on every man down court. Possessions are important in a series like this. He almost had a triple double so can't complain too much.

West could've been easily called for a tech for being on the court chest bumping RA after his shot. We got away with that one.

Home court doesn't seem like it means much in these playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Game observations

In Response to Game observations:
    [QUOTE]Gut wrenching game and I'm glad the first game jitters are over. I think the C's will take control of the series now...IF we can find someone to cover Amare. KG really needs to step up. I know he had a double-double but it seems like he's timid around the basket now and doesn't have the lift. Amare gave it to him all night. BBD was horrible and I'm not sure what's going on with him. We need more production from him, West and Green off the bench. JON was great...just great. 4 blocks and 6-6 FGs. We need that again. Rondo needs to learn we don't have to throw long on every man down court. Possessions are important in a series like this. He almost had a triple double so can't complain too much. West could've been easily called for a tech for being on the court chest bumping RA after his shot. We got away with that one. Home court doesn't seem like it means much in these playoffs.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

KG has been timid for some time under the bucket in traffic. Hes easily knocked off balance cause hes a bean pole.. so he doesnt have the power game many keep searching for. His game is finesse and hes pretty dARN good at it.

Defensively, theres not a whole lot to do against Amare... when hes on, hes difficult to guard, even for KG. Hes gonna get his points against almost anyone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think winning the way we did last night hurt the Knicks more than if we blew the doors off them. I've played a game or two,none in the NBA,but you remember the games you lose by 1 or 2 pts because you can go over it in your head and start thinking if I had just done this or done this and it starts you thinking and focussing rather than playing naturally. When you get blown away you just forget and move on. I think we really took the air out of their tires last night. It sounds crazy but I think it will help the Cs if Billups can play because if he is out it could be a big motivational factor for a young team like the knicks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Amare is an amazing offensive player. KG played against him fine at times especially during the point when we put together that amazing run in the third. The fourth though Amare just was driving to the hoop. KG didn't want to foul him and the help by JO was a tad bit late.

I think KG over thinks himself a lot and it gets him out of his game. Moving forward I think Amare will get his points but I dont think its going to be something that kills us in the series. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

They gutted out a win without shooting well (sub .500 from the field), missing 5 FTs, and turning over the ball 18 times.  Baby didn't play well last night, either. Factor in the fact that the Knicks shot the ball well from 3 and committed fewer TOs.  

If Boston can control the TOs, they're going to dominate this series.  Tough way to lose for the Knicks last night; they played a great game.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Oh c'mon KG was getting abused let's just call it was it is. Amare was dunking, hitting J's and taking it to the hoop. KG is suppose to be our best big defender. I know Amare is good but he was making KG look like a backup.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Game observations:
    [QUOTE]Oh c'mon KG was getting abused let's just call it was it is. Amare was dunking, hitting J's and taking it to the hoop. KG is suppose to be our best big defender. I know Amare is good but he was making KG look like a backup.

1on1 , most any good NBA player is gonna win the battle, let alone a superstar like Amare..

We cant expect KG to lock down Amare, just not gonna happen... hes too good.  KG did deny him the ball in the final minutes and Amare was invisible offensively down the stretch.. 

Letsd not get on KG... its like complaining how DJ allowed MJ to score 63 on us in the playoffs... DJ was a great defensive player but MJ had too many guns.. cant blame DJ, wasnt lack of effort, just that MJ was too good,,,

Same goes for Amare... hes too good to expect KG to shut him down and stop him from scoring 20+ easily.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

[QUOTE]Oh c'mon KG was getting abused let's just call it was it is. Amare was dunking, hitting J's and taking it to the hoop. KG is suppose to be our best big defender. I know Amare is good but he was making KG look like a backup.

In case you missed the final score, Boston won the game, not Newyork. So what Amare did or didn't do is irrelevant.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]Agree on Amare over KG, but I'm going to cut KG some slack.  Amare owned an in his prime Tim Duncan a few years ago in the playoffs.  I think he averaged somewhere north of 25 per game, prompting Coach Pop to say "We had no answer for him"....or something to that effect.    Someone as prideful in their defense as KG, you know this is killing him, but that's life against a dynamic offensive player.  Imagine how stupid that Glen Davis comment was on Amare being "easy" to guard. The West thing was bizarre.  Chest bumped Ray and almost ran into a Knick player.  If he touched the Knick player the refs would have had no choice but to "T" him up. On homecourt, I never put much stock in it.  After game 2 in LA the Celtics had HCA; didn't do them much good.  If you need the adrenaline of the crowd to get pumped maybe that person should not be playing professional sports.
    Posted by jallen5799[/QUOTE]

backing you up here:

2005 playoffs Amare averaged 37 points on 55% shooting with Duncan guarding him.

san antonio won the series in 5 games

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LOL! Guys KG shouldn't get a pass on his defense last night. These weren't one on one moves. These were "i'm taking you and you're entire frontline to the basket". I want to see KG get agggressive on offense and stop playing like a "SF". Get greedy and look to score 20 pts and grab 13 rebs. He defers way too much and it lets his defender off the hook. Amare isn't a good defender and KG should be taking it too him as well.

If the Knicks had continued giving Amare the ball it would've been lights out for us. They stopped going to him.

I bet KG isn't happy with his defense and will be better next time.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

I would have liked to see a line-up with Green guarding Amare. Look, the guy is ten years younger than KG. He is not the defender he once was. KG can guard the center and Paul on Carmelo. Steve Kerr made the point I said all along about Green. He was brought in to spell Paul against the likes of Carmelo, Amare, LeBron, Bosh and Odom. Yes, he is outsized in some of these match-ups but so is Paul and KG. He can buy us time and do something BBD can't do. That is go out on the perimeter and guard these guys.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]LOL! Guys KG shouldn't get a pass on his defense last night. These weren't one on one moves. These were "i'm taking you and you're entire frontline to the basket". I want to see KG get agggressive on offense and stop playing like a "SF". Get greedy and look to score 20 pts and grab 13 rebs. He defers way too much and it lets his defender off the hook. Amare isn't a good defender and KG should be taking it too him as well. If the Knicks had continued giving Amare the ball it would've been lights out for us. They stopped going to him. I bet KG isn't happy with his defense and will be better next time.

Where was Amare in the final 5 or 7 Knick possessions? Im not sure if he even touched the ball once.

Was that poor playing by the Knicks or KG denying Amare the ball when it counted.  Some writers this morning & Amare himself claim KG denied him the ball.

Maybe KG picked his spots... like Russ used to do blocking shots.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I agree. I would like to see KG be the help defender. Put Green or BBD on Amare and let KG play Turiaf. We just can't have KG getting in foul trouble. Amare will be able to shoot over BBD or Green but at least KG is there to help. KG is a better help defender at this stage in his career.

We're going to need KG's interior defense throughout the playoffs so it's going to have to show up at some point. No Perk and no Shaq puts more pressure on KG to anchor the interior defense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game observations : Where was Amare in the final 5 or 7 Knick possessions? Im not sure if he even touched the ball once. Was that poor playing by the Knicks or KG denying Amare the ball when it counted.  Some writers this morning & Amare himself claim KG denied him the ball. Maybe KG picked his spots... like Russ used to do blocking shots.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Maybe that did happen but I've never seen KG get handled like that in awhile.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Let's not forget, the Celtics barely got by with Carmelo Anthony playing badly in the second half. We shouldn't expect him to play game 2 that way, because we all know Melo is capable of lighting ANYONE up for 40 or 50 points on any given night.

I expect Melo to penetrate more this game and get to the line. He settled for more jumpshots last night. Just something for the C's to look out for.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think with Billups limping or out it's time for Rondo to relly turn it up. Make Douglas play some defense and do alot more than just come in and shoot. If we play West and Rondo together more it's going to allow our offense to create more off the dribble.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

[QUOTE]LOL! Guys KG shouldn't get a pass on his defense last night. These weren't one on one moves. These were "i'm taking you and you're entire frontline to the basket". I want to see KG get agggressive on offense and stop playing like a "SF". Get greedy and look to score 20 pts and grab 13 rebs. He defers way too much and it lets his defender off the hook. Amare isn't a good defender and KG should be taking it too him as well. If the Knicks had continued giving Amare the ball it would've been lights out for us. They stopped going to him. I bet KG isn't happy with his defense and will be better next time.

Anyone could tell you KG wants to play better defense on Amare. Your pointing out something thats very moot and saying basically its something thats unknown. Cool story bro

KG did his job last night at a very above average rate and it allowed for us to pull out the W. They will correct the issues that they had and move on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

"Game 2 on Tuesday. Sometimes, I get too hyped and move too quickly. Feel it best to relax and get into my game. JO really stepped up and I felt as though the flow was better for him."

KG himself. Chill out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

If Billups is hurt, the series is all but over.
    Does anyone yet believe me about BBD?  Who said it months ago?  ME, that's who.  The guy is going Tony Allen on us.  1 for 8???  Are you kidding me?  And, he wants starters money next year?  Keep Green, and let him go!!
    KG will balance out Amare - make him work on D.  Amare cannot play D for 35 mins - he's not that interested.

Keep shooting, Melo!!!

Hey, where is "Knicks-Power" today?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It's funny how when Rondo gets torched we don't hear the excuse train for him like we do when KG gets torched.

I think KG will bounce back but he's going to have to stop deferring and act like he wants to take over. You would never see a guy like Bird defer as much as KG does. I don't care about all the intimidation looks, cursing or snarls. I'd like to see him put up some big numbers because that's what we're going to need. If he just gets aggressive with all of his posts moves Amare will be sitting on the bench in foul trouble...game over.

So I'm not overly criticizing KG but we need his presence to be felt in these games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

I agree with the earlier post that Doc should get Rondo and West on the court at the same time more often, especially if Billups is hurt or out.  NY is so poor defensively that this really spreads them out and exposes them. 

I'd like to see them go at Amare early and make him play a lot of D and hopefully pick up a couple early fouls. 

Get the Knicks down early in game 2 and lets see how much fight they have in them or if they just want to get back to NY.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Personally I think baby's problem is that he just played too many minutes at the end of the year.  He's not a guy who's body type is going to allow him to play more than 25min per on a consistent basis.

KG looked ok to me.  Amare got a lot of touches and he's going to score on anybody. 

My overall impression is that NY gave us their best shot last night.  I don't think they can play that well two games in a row.  Carmello always fades at the end of games.  That was typical.  If he is playing someone equally strong (pierce and melo two of the strongest 3's in the league) he gets frustrated and takes bad shots.  That's just melo.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Oh I'm not sure about getting the Knicks best shot. Melo never got going and if he does it could be alot different. Hey that game could've been easily lost by the C's. I'm glad we won but I think the Knicks feel like they can hang with us now (depending on Billups health of course).

The C's have to play defense from the start not wait until the 2nd half. Get RA going earlier as well.

Sections
Shortcuts