Game observations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Re: Game observations

I agree Jay,

KG is usually amped in the first game and missed several bunnies. That will change. 

On defense, KG and the team tend to see how the game is being called in the first half, and keep the fouls down. In the second half, they feel that they can clamp down on defense with less fear of foul trouble. If the referees are calling a game loosely they seem to play better defense in the first half.

As far as scoring... scoring may improve for KG in the play-offs. In 2008, Pierce was the leading scorer in the regular season, but KG was the leading scorer in the play-offs.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Game observations:
    When Amare was with the Suns he usually has 1 great game in a playoff series. After that he usually tapers off.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Yeah, he only averaged 25 points per game and 10.4 rebounds, for the Suns in the playoff's!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

KG isn't going to stop Amare I already know that. My point is if he gets aggressive on the offensive end it's going to make Amare think about defense and have to play both ends of the court. KG is deferring too much. I don't care if he misses alot of shots but don't pass up shots or try and get assists that aren't there. Use those post moves against Amare and look to score.

We need a lowpost game from someone. BBD isn't bringing it and JON isn't ready to carry that load.

I expect a better game from KG tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Just my opinion, but how does K.G. taking outside jumpers make Amare work?  You are trying to turn K.G. into a different player at age 33?

He is not an inside scorer, unless they continue to play Turiaf on him, I agree he should be down low more...but Kristic and JON to a certain extent is a guy who can make Amare play honest D.  He has just enough skills to score inside, that Amare cant ignore him and may get a couple of fouls.. No way K.G. is really gonna get Amare in foul trouble..its just not his game.  better off brining in Green to take Amare off the dribble where he can use his quickness....but this just in!  Amare is younger and quicker than K.G.....its the truth, no matter how much it hurts to say.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Bias, you may be right, however, I need more than one game to overturn my view of a matchup that has almost alway favored KG.

We will see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

So what happened to Amare in the first quarter?

Sections
Shortcuts