GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS

In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS:
    In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : Check out page 2 of this thread and you'll see who launched the first strike. I was just lurking, didn't post anything, until the first strike was initiated.
    Posted by Fiercest34

i know but you guys both know neither one of you plans to budge on this issue, so isnt it better to just ignore?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

for anyone who thinks that kentucky or any college team EVER can beat ANY pro team, this ought to shut them up. charlotte is only bad in degrees not leagues to any other nba team. give them a garnett or pierce or both and they are a contender. without the big 3 (remember 2006), this was the NORM around boston! tough games against everyone with us playing the bobcat role. ALL those bobcat guys were once anthony davis types too in college.. give me 8 anthony davises next year and you'll have the bobcats

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

atlanta is getting their butttts handed to them by toronto.. those guys have a great foundation for next season. they play hard.. again talking degrees here

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

"For those of you that think Rajon Rondo cant score, he did at WILL this evening."

wise words from a decent man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : and i agree with you that he CAN do it every night, i just dont know if its whats best for the team on a nightly basis..its only a 7 point game, its not like this style is blowing the game wide open.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Agreed, Jamez.  We shoot a high percentage because Rondo controls the game and gets everyone great shots.   Bass has so many wide open jumpers as does KG.  I think I'd take those wide open high percentage jumpers vs Rondo trying to be aggressive and shooting.    Why mess with success?

Petey, I know what you want, but would you agree that its been working pretty well over the years and other than the first half of this year - its working well, again?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : I already tried not responding to him, but he keeps attacking me.
    Posted by Fiercest34

lol..not sure why this made me laugh..haha

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Am I too stupid in believing we could still lose the Atlantic Division? Why aren't we playing starters tonight to assure the 4 and half game lead especially since the Knicks have lost today? We still have to go to NY, Atlanta and play the Heat at home. We still have the toughest schedule of Philly, NY and us down the stretch. Can someone enlighten me as to why we didn't get this one and rest them for NY?
    Posted by terrrapin

We are more likely to lose to NY or Miami so you rest the starters in a game you can likely win without them (worst team in the NBA) and play the old guys against the Hawks, Knicks, and Miami.   Make sense?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i wonder if Dud is listening to them talk about Rondo

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

20 16 and 6. can this guy be built around?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

"For those of you that think Rajon Rondo cant score, he did at WILL this evening." wise words from a decent man.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Remember we were playing against the Bobcats.  At one point in the game, the announcers joked "they don't foul very often because you have to be near someone to actually commit a foul".   In other works, not sure we're going to see this "At Will" against better teams.   Better for him to trust his teammates and get them great shots.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Game, set and ... well not match yet but We Win!!! Thank GOD we didn't drop 2 out of thee or that Atlanta strategy would have backfired. And thank you Danny for sending the BIG 3 home so Doc had no other options today ... Ugh. Atlanta losing and our win over a bottomfeeder puts us 1/2 game up on the Hawks! Beating the bottomfeeders pays in the long run ... Risk/Reward.
    Posted by Mployee8

Yes, thank goodness logic worked - play your best players against the best team (Atlanta) and sit them against the worst teams (Bobcats).   Amazing how that works, huh?    Glad you've come around to seeing it Doc's way.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Love it when the other team has to at least worry about rondo scoring. Opens up the floor for everyone else, even "bench" players. Makes the Celts offense so much less predictable to defend

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : Remember we were playing against the Bobcats.  At one point in the game, the announcers joked "they don't foul very often because you have to be near someone to actually commit a foul".   In other works, not sure we're going to see this "At Will" against better teams.   Better for him to trust his teammates and get them great shots.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

he has his biggest games against the best teams tho...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

20 16 and 6. can this guy be built around?
    Posted by JamezHill24

most definitely......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : We are more likely to lose to NY or Miami so you rest the starters in a game you can likely win without them (worst team in the NBA) and play the old guys against the Hawks, Knicks, and Miami.   Make sense?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

You kind of made my point for me. If we are more likely to lose to NY or Miami, why let a game we should win go?  We won, I guess it doesn't matter now anyway. I wouldn't play them against the Knicks now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : Agreed, Jamez.  We shoot a high percentage because Rondo controls the game and gets everyone great shots.   Bass has so many wide open jumpers as does KG.  I think I'd take those wide open high percentage jumpers vs Rondo trying to be aggressive and shooting.    Why mess with success? Petey, I know what you want, but would you agree that its been working pretty well over the years and other than the first half of this year - its working well, again?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Celtsfan, on a nightly basis, Rondo is directly responsible for getting everyone shots THAT ARE SUCCESSFUL about 12 times a game (about 14 over the past 15 games) right.  So, Rondo gets 14 assists and he's getting others involved.

So of the estimated 27 passes that he makes to players getting them the open shots, they convert 14 of the passes to buckets (assists).  That leaves about 13 passes that don't result in made baskets.  In my opinion, Rondo is in a much better position on a majority of those missed shots to make the easy basket (at the rim but passes out to the 3 point line, etc.).  To me, Rondo can take the shot on at least half of those passes and be aggressive offensively and it would result in more offensive efficiency and more of a threat from our PG position.

How many times do we see Rondo at the rim passing it out to the 3-point line only to see Pierce or Pietrus miss the 3.  To me, those are the very instances where Rondo should take the shot because those are the most "make-able".

He's still going to get his 14 assists but he'll also have provided some scoring.  That would relieve PP and KG from working to get those buckets on those possessions.  More of that would open things up more for the others.

You don't agree with that?

Yes, things are working pretty well but honestly how many times does this team just go stagnant because guys aren't hitting shots.  How many times does this team go into offensive funks where we just cannot score points?  Too many times for me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : Celtsfan, on a nightly basis, Rondo is directly responsible for getting everyone shots THAT ARE SUCCESSFUL about 12 times a game (about 14 over the past 15 games) right.  So, Rondo gets 14 assists and he's getting others involved. So of the estimated 27 passes that he makes to players getting them the open shots, they convert 14 of the passes to buckets (assists).  That leaves about 13 passes that don't result in made baskets.  In my opinion, Rondo is in a much better position on a majority of those missed shots to make the easy basket (at the rim but passes out to the 3 point line, etc.).  To me, Rondo can take the shot on at least half of those passes and be aggressive offensively and it would result in more offensive efficiency and more of a threat from our PG position. How many times do we see Rondo at the rim passing it out to the 3-point line only to see Pierce or Pietrus miss the 3.  To me, those are the very instances where Rondo should take the shot because those are the most "make-able". He's still going to get his 14 assists but he'll also have provided some scoring.  That would relieve PP and KG from working to get those buckets on those possessions.  More of that would open things up more for the others. You don't agree with that? Yes, things are working pretty well but honestly how many times does this team just go stagnant because guys aren't hitting shots.  How many times does this team go into offensive funks where we just cannot score points?  Too many times for me.
    Posted by Petey62

well put. im not gunna call for a change bc Rondo is playing fantastic basketball and the C's are playing great. but your right, he could take a few more shots.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : he has his biggest games against the best teams tho...
    Posted by JamezHill24

Very often, you're right.  But, those aren't always wins.  Those personal battles when he plays well against another marque point guard often turns into a loss.  He had 32 points in a win over Chicago - I loved it.  But, he had 31 in a loss to the Knicks, 22 in a loss to Miami, 24 in a loss to Dallas, 35 in a loss to Detroit, and 24 in a loss to the Lakers.  I'm NOT saying these losses were his fault.  I'm saying the team is not playing its best when Rondo has to spend his time scoring.  The stats say we are playing better when he's setting people up and scoring about 12 to 16 points of so.    

A lot of that is on the starters and on how well we're rebounding but I think you see my point - Rondo gets too aggressive and it takesthos other people out of the game and to be honest, we win more when KG, Ray, Paul, and now Bradley are really scoring and Rondo is setting them up. 

Sections
Shortcuts