GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS

big 3 are at home as doc channels his inner popovich.. glimpse of what life will be like in about 3 more seasons when rondo is the MANNN! if these guys aren't blowed out by the half, we have a beef. like RR'S he's the leader of the JV team tonight. hornets may be the worse team in the HISTORY of the nba. if they lose the rest of their games, they will have the record for worse winning percentage EVER! i just hope rr's streak continues tonight. i look forward to seeing jj and moore with meaningful minutes.

STARTING LINEUPS

BOSTON CELTICS (35-25)

PG Rajon Rondo
    SG Avery Bradley
    SF Mickael Pietrus
    PF Brandon Bass
    C Greg Stiemsma

INACTIVES: Ray Allen, Jermaine O'Neal

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS (7-51)

PG D.J. Augustin
    SG Gerald Henderson
    SF Derrick Brown
    PF DJ White
    C Bismack Biyombo

INACTIVES: Corey Maggette, Eduardo Najera

OFFICIALS: Greg Willard, Brent Barnaky, David Guthrie

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS

It should be interesting.

I think Steamer is gonna go off for 40.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

we are playing the bobcats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Wow, I really hope we win this game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Great split, but make the layup.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

We will win this one! Good decision by Doc to rest the Big 3.
    Rondo must score too in this one. Good job so far.
    Go C's

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

notice how when the big 3 are out, Rondo needs to be more aggressive, and has been. 10 pts, 5 assists in the 1st qtr.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS:
    [QUOTE]notice how when the big 3 are out, Rondo needs to be more aggressive, and has been. 10 pts, 5 assists in the 1st qtr.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

It's true but keep in mind that these Bobcats are historically bad.
    I want to see a double-double from Stiemsma. Tonight wishes will be granted!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The Rondo and Bass show!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]We will win this one! Good decision by Doc to rest the Big 3. Rondo must score too in this one. Good job so far. Go C's
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]wow, you're predicting a win? way to go way out there on a limb.. in other news, i predict the sun will rise tomorrow, the earth will rotate, there will be chaos in the middle east, bill bilicheck will wear a hoodie at some point next season, stan van gundy will panic at some point in the next month, the GOP will aim to please the richest 1% with all their economic policies, and all of us on this board right now will be perished within the next 130 years...... just sayin!

the question is not whether we will win, but by how much, and how hard it will be to get there! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

After watching a thrilling game between the Lakers and Mavs I briefly saw this rubbish and thought ugh, this is pure rubbish. What a hopelessly pathetic conference.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]notice how when the big 3 are out, Rondo needs to be more aggressive, and has been. 10 pts, 5 assists in the 1st qtr.
    You make a very good point.  However, why can't he be this way WITH the Big 3?  I mean, he still has his 7 assists (and counting) right now but he's being aggressive offensively TOO and it's paying off.

Honestly, I don't understand why he cannot be this way even WITH the Big 3.  He's still going to get 14 assists tonight but he's also a source of point production.  He can do this EVERY NIGHT whether or not he NEEDS to.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : It's true but keep in mind that these Bobcats are historically bad. I want to see a double-double from Stiemsma. Tonight wishes will be granted!
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]

who the opponent is means nothing. Rondo has his greatest games against the best teams, so its not like he only feasts on bums. but thats not what my point was. the point is that Rondo adjusts to the lineups. when we have scorers on the floor, he makes sure to keep them involved and get them their shots. when they are out of the lineup, it makes him free to be more of a scorer.

he can do both.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I just love the NBA commercial where they had LeBron fast break for a dunk.  It is in slow motion and if you count carefully, there were 7 steps with 2 dribbles.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : You make a very good point.  However, why can't he be this way WITH the Big 3?  I mean, he still has his 7 assists (and counting) right now but he's being aggressive offensively TOO and it's paying off. Honestly, I don't understand why he cannot be this way even WITH the Big 3.  He's still going to get 14 assists tonight but he's also a source of point production.  He can do this EVERY NIGHT whether or not he NEEDS to.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

him being aggressive takes away shots for the big 3. idk how you dont see this. 

in this game hes being aggressive, and only Bass is still getting his shots. is ab? is pietrus? not as much as PP and KG get on a nightly basis. your not realizing it bc its those players in but with the big 3 in there, they need their shots, and that means taking shots away from Rondo. and theres nothing wrong with that. 

it doesnt even matter. either Rondo is taking the shots himself or hes assisting on them..2 points is 2 points no matter who gets it or how.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : You make a very good point.  However, why can't he be this way WITH the Big 3?  I mean, he still has his 7 assists (and counting) right now but he's being aggressive offensively TOO and it's paying off. Honestly, I don't understand why he cannot be this way even WITH the Big 3.  He's still going to get 14 assists tonight but he's also a source of point production.  He can do this EVERY NIGHT whether or not he NEEDS to.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

and i agree with you that he CAN do it every night, i just dont know if its whats best for the team on a nightly basis..its only a 7 point game, its not like this style is blowing the game wide open.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

fyi.. i posted the starting lineups a few minutes ago. whenever you guys start a thread (lol, thats you PETEY), just copy it right from the extra point blog area. y is steamer only playing 5 minutes in a game like this?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : wow, you're predicting a win? way to go way out there on a limb.. in other news, i predict the sun will rise tomorrow, the earth will rotate, there will be chaos in the middle east, bill bilicheck will wear a hoodie at some point next season, stan van gundy will panic at some point in the next month, the GOP will aim to please the richest 1% with all their economic policies, and all of us on this board right now will be perished within the next 130 years...... just sayin! the question is not whether we will win, but by how much, and how hard it will be to get there! 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Or Commie starting a wild, crazy thread where he puts sirop on the flavor of the day Wink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

may be harder to take out AB anymore because of the 3 when ray comes back.. well, after this season. really think this is the end in bawston for mr. allen

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME OF THE YEAR THREAD: CELTS-HORNETS : him being aggressive takes away shots for the big 3. idk how you dont see this.  in this game hes being aggressive, and only Bass is still getting his shots. is ab? is pietrus? not as much as PP and KG get on a nightly basis. your not realizing it bc its those players in but with the big 3 in there, they need their shots, and that means taking shots away from Rondo. and theres nothing wrong with that.  it doesnt even matter. either Rondo is taking the shots himself or hes assisting on them..2 points is 2 points no matter who gets it or how.
    If Rondo being agressive takes a few more shots from PP and KG, and WITH the production he's getting, that would be welcomed.  He has 11 assists before halftime that he normally would have so he's still distributing the ball and getting others involved.  None of that has changed.  You seem to think Rondo cannot score AND distribute the ball!

This type of performance by Rondo would take loads of pressure off PP and KG and make defenses pay attention to him because he would be a threat as another scoring source.  Lately, teams have not had to worry about that threat.

Again, he's still going to get his 15 assists tonight but they are not going to PP, KG or RA.  Tuesday night in NY these 11 assists would be going to them but he would probably not be as aggressive offensively as he is today.

Where we disagree is that Rondo playing like this DOES NOT take KG and PP out of the game.  I think it allows them to have more energy since they would not be burdened because Rondo would be picking up some of the scoring.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It is going to be difficult for the Celtics to win without the big 3 playing tonight. They are still winning, but by only a few points 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Oh they should have it.

Rondo is playing great, He should play Steamer more minutes though, he was the second best player on the floor for awhile.  

I never thought I would say Steamer and second best player on the floor but I just did.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

petey, i'm supposing that doc is running this ship. don't you believe that if he and danny and big3 put a premium on rondo balancing his distribution with more aggressive shot taking, that rondo would comply? 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]petey, i'm supposing that doc is running this ship. don't you believe that if he and danny and big3 put a premium on rondo balancing his distribution with more aggressive shot taking, that rondo would comply? 
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]
    Not always.  Doc has begged Rondo to take more shots, be more aggressive offensivley as recently as halftime of the Toronto game (or was it NJ).  On one of the game threads, it was mentioned that Doc implored Rondo to do just that.

Same for KG, although KG is being more aggessive offensively.  His problem used to be that he passed too much and Doc implored him to shoot.

The makeup of these guys is what it is.

Rondo's distributing usually results in 15 assists.  He's getting those 15 assists tonight but he's scoring too.  If PP, KG and RA were playing and Rondo was this aggressive offensively ALL WHILE HAVING 11 assists, this team would be even more dangerous offensively.

Sections
Shortcuts