GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons

8:37 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and the score is 29 - 26, Celtics by just 3.

Is it me but I think we look uninspired.  When are we going to have a great 1st quarter/1st half.  We seem to get off so slowly.  This team beat us in Detroit the last time we saw them.  I "thought" we'd come out on fire.

I want to see that killer instinct.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons

We just don't get up for these guys all the match up's favor us but for what ever reason we play down to thier level every time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

No pace to the game at all. Walking the ball up the court......yawn!
    Hopefully they'll pick it up the 2nd half.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

It is frustrating for us fans, isn't it?  But, this is who we are.  We play down to the competition too often.   But, by the 4th qtr, I predict you'll see inspired basketball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Tonight is a game where we need the bench to bring energy and life to the game!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

I am really disappointed in our starters. After what happened in Detroit, especially with KG, you would expect the Celtics to come out with fire in their eyes. But down 45-42 at half-time is unacceptable. Hope no one is blaming the bench this time.

Time Will Only Tell

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Is it Rondo's passes or is it that KG just can't catch tonight.  I know of at least 5 fumbled or dropped passes by KG.  Of course, some must be Rondo because I've seen it with others, as well tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We have 6 points in the 3rd quarter.  Other than Pierce, NO OTHER player is playing well.  And all the turnovers.  Is this the team that beat Orlando on Monday?

We don't need to bench to step up -- they did in the first half.  We need the starters to get something going.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

With 4 minutes left in the 3rd qtr, we have 50 points!  If we keep this up, we will give these guys a real chance of beating us tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Petey62, I totally agree with you. The starters need to step up and avoid another humiliation. With the exception of PP, other starters need to step up, so the bench can follow their lead.

Where are all the posters who always blame the bench players? We need to hear from you.

Time Will Only Tell

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I think Shaq was trying to motivate in his minuts he even got two Tommy Points.

Von is starting to gain more confindence I think if he given enough time he could be a good bench player with energy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Stumbling, bumbling, fumbling.....sickening.  This is the ugliest game of the year. Somebody PLEASE catch the ball!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Game is a joke, Celtics making sure they lose this game, horrible.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Other than Shaq, Pierce, Wafer and Semi everyone has been off.  I think they are going to get out of this with a win but seriously...Detroit?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

One of those games you have to just "grit it out".  They're ugly, but winning ugly is part of the game so let's do it!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

I know Boston might come back and win the game, but with only 5 minutes left in the game, can you believe the stats.

KG ---- 6 points
                     Shaq -- 9 points
                      RA ---- 5 points
                      RR ---- 6points

This is a shame. It's only Paul Pierce playing.

Time Will Only Tell

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Shaq is keeping the team in the game, Ray Alllen appears to be somewhere else tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Unbelievable, we have a two on one break with Ray and Rondo and Rondo STOPS and doesn't attack the rim against McGrady.  What is this about?  You have to attack him and make him foul you.

Shaq to the rescue.  I totally don't understand why we don't feed him in games like this.

Big shot KG.  However, seems that KG has some bad karma with Detroit.  After his performance against Orlando, I just knew he'd have an equally great game (ditto for Ray).  He struggles against them (or gets hurt).

Let's execute and close and get win number 32.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons:
    I know Boston might come back and win the game, but with only 5 minutes left in the game, can you believe the stats.                 KG ---- 6 points                  Shaq -- 9 points                   RA ---- 5 points                   RR ---- 6points This is a shame. It's only Paul Pierce playing.                                            Time Will Only Tell
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028

Shaq has 12 boards and 12 points, I don't know what else you would want.  But yeah KG and Ray are particularly out of it tonight for some reason.  

Still just one a bad game though, if they lose the Celtics are on pace for a 62 and 20 year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Man what is going on?  This reminds me of playing pick up games at the Y.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Ray came up big with a three!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

RAY ALLEN

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Ray Allen kills me.  Looks lost all game rims out a few free throws and then hits the dagger.

Man if they win this one they dodged a major bullet.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Dam that Ray Ray is clutch! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

KG missed a game winning free throw, up by three with 16 sec left!

Sections
Shortcuts