GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons

Davis at the line after the board for two shots. Cannot believe they pulled this one out.  32 and 9 at the halfway mark with all sorts of injuries. Can't ask for anything more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Winning ugly will still show as a win in the standings!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Free At Last

Free At Last

Thank God Almighty We Won The game

Time Will Only Tell

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Ray Ray reminded me of DJ off sink can go 0 for 100 then money time sink the big one  Ice Ice baby

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

That's got to go down as the ugliest win of the season.  Give it up for the bench.  They breathed life into this one until the starters could pull it together and close it out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Why do we make these games so difficult?  Don't these guys know the benefit of coming out strong against an inferior team and putting them away?  This game did not have to be this tough.

I don't know what it is about this team.  Some folks may say a championship team, even when playing like this, finds a way to win the game.  Others will say a true championship team should not play like this against such an inferior team like this on a frequent basis.  I can see a game like this every now and then.  Games like this are common for the Celtics, especially at home.

We have had some very difficult games (and losses) against some very inferior opponents (OKC - w/o Durant, Sacramento, Nets, Minn, Hou, Charlotte, Detroit, etc.).

I don't know.  I'm glad we won but............

SIDE NOTE:  Thanks Prokorov because I'm tired of this Melo "drama".  I am glad the Nets have taken itself out of the Melo sweepstakes.  It got to be too much.  Let his behind stay in Denver.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Another game winner by Ray. i know someone who's not very happy right now!!HAHAHA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Great shot by Ray Allen tonight. I would also like to give Doc Rivers credit for designing that play for Ray. Doc could've opted for Pierce or KG to take the shot, but he chose to go with a struggling Ray and it paid off. Great call by Doc and great shot by Ray.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I think the Celtics WANT to play strong from the beginning, but I also think they are older and a step slower so they just don't have the athletic ability and youthful legs to run all game.  So, they THINK they are moving fast or playing well and they just aren't.  Its not until later in the game and its tight that they realize they have to step it up further.  

The good news is that they are able to do that most of the time. 

By the way, when we lost those ugly games against weaker teams, more often than not we were missing Rondo or missing KG.  When all of the Big 4 have been there, I can only remember an ugly loss to Cleveland in the 2nd game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

We just don't match up with Detroit well. They play 10 guys and they're long.

I'm telling you Shaq is coming on. He knows Perk is weeks away.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons:
    [QUOTE] Another game winner by Ray. i know someone who's not very happy right now!!HAHAHA
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Thank God Paul kept the game close enough for Ray to hit a shot. Paul was clutch all nite, including tying the game then getting the rebound at the other end.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

RA looked like he was headed for one of those 3 game slumps but he's a shooter and he'll keep shooting. Hit a huge shot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan4life, I agree with you but keep in mind that the Celtics have had the best luck playing teams without THEIR best player.  So although we've not had either KG or Rondo for some of these games, some of these teams did not have their best player.

We had both tonight too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : Thank God Paul kept the game close enough for Ray to hit a shot. Paul was clutch all nite, including tying the game then getting the rebound at the other end.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Remember, when Pierce hit the game winner for the Cs against the Magic, plus a foul from J-Rich, our hater never said anything about that after the Celtics beat the Magic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : Thank God Paul kept the game close enough for Ray to hit a shot. Paul was clutch all nite, including tying the game then getting the rebound at the other end.

I think you should be saying, thank God for Shaq, or Ray wouldn't have had the chance to win another one for the C's.

The only way Perkins should start over Shaq, is if Shaq is hurt!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

You guys are so busy talking up Pierce and Allen that you are failing to recognize that without the inspired bench play tonight, we lose.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : I think you should be saying, thank God for Shaq, or Ray wouldn't have had the chance to win another one for the C's.  The only way Perkins should start over Shaq, is if Shaq is hurt!!

The Pistons had an 8 point lead in the 4th qtr. It was cut to 3 points when a Celtic player hit a 3-pointer, was it Shaq who hit that 3-pointer?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : I think you should be saying, thank God for Shaq, or Ray wouldn't have had the chance to win another one for the C's.  The only way Perkins should start over Shaq, is if Shaq is hurt!!

I just appreciated the fact that Ray finally did something.   We needed it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Celtsfan4life, I agree with you but keep in mind that the Celtics have had the best luck playing teams without THEIR best player.  So although we've not had either KG or Rondo for some of these games, some of these teams did not have their best player. We had both tonight too.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Good point for some games, not all.  Spurs had their full team and so did the Heat in the second game we played them, same for Knicks and Denver, I think.  I actually think the Lakers and Heat have had better luck than us with the schedule - they played more sub .500 teams.  So, it all balances out, right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Why do you continually bicker over Pierce and Allen's contributions?  This is a team game, guys. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are so busy talking up Pierce and Allen that you are failing to recognize that without the inspired bench play tonight, we lose.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

joel49, in case you didn't notice, one poster here ALWAYS overlook what Pierce does. I mean, 22 points, 3-5 from 3pt land, is significant because the Celtics only managed to score 86 points the whole game. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : I just appreciated the fact that Ray finally did something.   We needed it.

Now you're starting to see how i feel most games!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I sure wish, for a game like tonight, Rondo could score 20 points.  Seems that when he isn't dropping dimes at an amazing rate, his impact on the game is minimal.  I did not realize he had 8 rebounds.  The only rebound of significance was his last one by sneaking past Prince for it.  I really can't remember any of his other rebounds.

It just seems that when our shooters are having an off night and Rondo cannot accumulate assists, he doesn't bring as much to the table.  That is when I wish he could score more.  Tonight the Celtics could have used that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Why do you continually bicker over Pierce and Allen's contributions?  This is a team game, guys. 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Here's why, joel.

"I hope we're not!!

There's stars and than there's superstars, KG is a superstar. You can no more compare Pierce to KG, than you could compare him to Bird.

That would be like comparing Mitch Richmond, to Michael Jordan!!"

Re: Top 25 Celtics

posted at 1/19/2011 4:31 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 1/19/2011
    In Response to Re: Top 25 Celtics:
    In Response to Re: Top 25 Celtics : And what's your point?  We're not comparing Bird to Pierce.  We're comparing Pierce to KG for spot number 5.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I hope we're not!!

There's stars and than there's superstars, KG is a superstar. You can no more compare Pierce to KG, than you could compare him to Bird.

That would be like comparing Mitch Richmond, to Michael Jordan!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : joel49, in case you didn't notice, one poster here ALWAYS overlook what Pierce does. I mean, 22 points, 3-5 from 3pt land, is significant because the Celtics only managed to score 86 points the whole game. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I've watched you guys go at each other ad infinitum.  I've got to tell you, it gets tiresome.  I can predict in advance what each of you will say to one another.  Why not just drop it and enjoy the fact that we have a great TEAM?