GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons:
    In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons :  Now you're starting to see how i feel most games!!
    Posted by kyceltic

Please ask your wife to slap the stupid out of you. Then come back and we can go at it some more. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : I've watched you guys go at each other ad infinitum.  I've got to tell you, it gets tiresome.  I can predict in advance what each of you will say to one another.  Why not just drop it and enjoy the fact that we have a great TEAM?
    Posted by joel49

Sorry I will try to come up with something new.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I sure wish, for a game like tonight, Rondo could score 20 points.  Seems that when he isn't dropping dimes at an amazing rate, his impact on the game is minimal.  I did not realize he had 8 rebounds.  The only rebound of significance was his last one by sneaking past Prince for it.  I really can't remember any of his other rebounds. It just seems that when our shooters are having an off night and Rondo cannot accumulate assists, he doesn't bring as much to the table.  That is when I wish he could score more.  Tonight the Celtics could have used that.
    Posted by Petey62

Petey this type of game tonight will be like the playoffs. We have to get Rondo to be more assertive.  Maybe some drive and dish, etc.  On the other hand if we were depending on Nate it would be horrible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I sure wish, for a game like tonight, Rondo could score 20 points.  Seems that when he isn't dropping dimes at an amazing rate, his impact on the game is minimal.  I did not realize he had 8 rebounds.  The only rebound of significance was his last one by sneaking past Prince for it.  I really can't remember any of his other rebounds. It just seems that when our shooters are having an off night and Rondo cannot accumulate assists, he doesn't bring as much to the table.  That is when I wish he could score more.  Tonight the Celtics could have used that.
    Posted by Petey62

It's difficult for Rondo to drop dimes when his mates are dropping the ball and throwing up bricks.  But I do agree, Petey, that when they are struggling, it would be good if he could step up his game offensively.  He has been showing of late that he has confidence in and can hit that elbow jumper, and he should put it up when open.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : I've watched you guys go at each other ad infinitum.  I've got to tell you, it gets tiresome.  I can predict in advance what each of you will say to one another.  Why not just drop it and enjoy the fact that we have a great TEAM?
    Posted by joel49

We tried to stop but every time Ray Allen has a big game kyceltic stirs up the pot again. 

After the Celtics won tonight LOOK AT WHAT kyceltic first posted.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : The Pistons had an 8 point lead in the 4th qtr. It was cut to 3 points when a Celtic player hit a 3-pointer, was it Shaq who hit that 3-pointer?
    Posted by P34

First Ray and now Shaq, is there even one other player on the team besides Pierce, that you like just a little? I was a Celtic fan long before Ray got here and i'll be a Celtic fan when he's gone. I think when Pierce leaves, that will be the last we hear from you!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons :  First Ray and now Shaq, is there even one other player on the team besides Pierce, that you like just a little? I was a Celtic fan long before Ray got here and i'll be a Celtic fan when he's gone. I think when Pierce leaves, that will be the last we hear from you!!
    Posted by kyceltic

Not me.  I am a Celtic thru and thru.  I like em all, even Ray.  But I have to give credit where credit is due.  Shaq and Paul and Glen came to play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons :  First Ray and now Shaq, is there even one other player on the team besides Pierce, that you like just a little? I was a Celtic fan long before Ray got here and i'll be a Celtic fan when he's gone. I think when Pierce leaves, that will be the last we hear from you!!
    Posted by kyceltic

I'm a fan of Pierce, Ray, KG, Rondo, and Shaq. 

Tell me, Pierce's 22 points and 3 3-pointers didn't help the Celtics get the win? 

After a Celtic timeout who made that jumper from the elbow to tie the game at 82-82?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Posted by joel49

I'm sorry, i know other posters get tried of the way we go at it. I would like to say i will stop, but to be honest it's kind of addicting!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

LOL, Ky and P34 - come on guys.  You're pulling for the same team.  The rest of us know BOTH Ray and PP are immensely valuable.  Can't you guys see that?  Its like arguing whether McHale or Parish is a good player - the answer is obvious - BOTH.  Please give us a break on that battle and give us your thoughts on the bigger picture issues.  You both have relevant thoughts when you don't drift into this personal battle.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I REALLY FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE A TRUE CELTIC FAN CAN SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

Re: Doc and coaching staff is the main problem....

posted at 4/10/2010 11:16 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 1/19/2011

Fire Ainge, fire Doc, get a new captain, this ship is sinking.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : I'm a fan of Pierce, Ray, KG, Rondo, and Shaq.  Tell me, Pierce's 22 points and 3 3-pointers didn't help the Celtics get the win?  After a Celtic timeout who made that jumper from the elbow to tie the game at 82-82?
    Posted by P34

Keep telling yourself that, you may even be able to convince yourself that it's true!!  Even as you proclaim to love all the players, all you can talk about is Pierce.

I'll be back, i've got to watch the Mavs finish off the Lakers!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons :  Keep telling yourself that, you may even be able to convince yourself that it's true!!  Even as you proclaim to love all the players, all you can talk about is Pierce.  I'll be back, i've got to watch the Mavs finish off the Lakers!!
    Posted by kyceltic

The Lakers already lost.

It's not hard for me to give Ray credit. Like tonight when he made a great shot. How about you, when was the last time you said anything positive about Paul Pierce?

I remember the Orlando game and it was Pierce who hit the game winner in that game. But you never said anything about it after the game.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Most tradable Celtic

posted at 1/16/2010 11:05 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 1/19/2011

Pierce, is the one i would trade if we could get anything for him.Everything you say about Ray, you can say about Pierce, he's not wore out, he's done as a prime time player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : The Lakers already lost. It's not hard for me to give Ray credit. Like tonight when he made a great shot. How about you, when was the last time you said anything positive about Paul Pierce? I remember the Orlando game and it was Pierce who hit the game winner in that game. But you never said anything about it after the game.  
    Posted by P34

There you go again, in a game when KG and Ray were magnificent, all you want to talk about is Pierce. Can't you see what you're doing, you have got to get over this unhealthy fixation of Paul Pierce. Tell you what, next game try to focus on the other players, and what they do, and not just on Pierce, at least that will be a start!!  We'll see what happens and go from there. Just remember, KyCeltic, and ONEONONE, are here for you. You can do it buddySmile

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons :  There you go again, in a game when KG and Ray were magnificent, all you want to talk about is Pierce. Can't you see what you're doing, you have got to get over this unhealthy fixation of Paul Pierce. Tell you what, next game try to focus on the other players, and what they do, and not just on Pierce, at least that will be a start!!  We'll see what happens and go from there. Just remember, KyCeltic, and ONEONONE, are here for you. You can do it buddy
    Posted by kyceltic

You kill me dude.  I don't drink but I would like to go have a couple of beers with you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Celtsfan4life, I agree with you but keep in mind that the Celtics have had the best luck playing teams without THEIR best player.  So although we've not had either KG or Rondo for some of these games, some of these teams did not have their best player. We had both tonight too.
    Posted by Petey62

They are on pace for 64 and 18 and have had all sorts of injuries.  What do you want?  Every team loses to some inferior teams over the course of the season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : You kill me dude.  I don't drink but I would like to go have a couple of beers with you.
    Posted by OneOnOne

I like that one so much, i hope Fierce can dig it out a year from now, so i can read it again!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

LOL, Ky and P34 - come on guys.  You're pulling for the same team.  The rest of us know BOTH Ray and PP are immensely valuable.  Can't you guys see that?  Its like arguing whether McHale or Parish is a good player - the answer is obvious - BOTH.  Please give us a break on that battle and give us your thoughts on the bigger picture issues.  You both have relevant thoughts when you don't drift into this personal battle.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Thanks for taking up the cause, Cfan, but apparently it was all for naught.  Good to know it is not just I who has had it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Oh sorry I didn't mean to barge in on the Pierce/Allen slap fight.  I do drink so I am gonna sit here and see what happens for a bit...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : Thanks for taking up the cause, Cfan, but apparently it was all for naught.  Good to know it is not just I who has had it.
    Posted by joel49

I see that golfer picture for you.  What's your handicap?  I'm a 9 and have been as low as a 7 at one time.....but I just can't seem to get to that 5/6/7 level.  I always have some hiccup during the round.

I love golf, man! (now that I'm too old to play ball anymore).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Posted by Celtsfan4life

If i took McHale, i'd say the odds are pretty strong, of him taking the Chief!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Oh sorry I didn't mean to barge in on the Pierce/Allen slap fight.  I do drink so I am gonna sit here and see what happens for a bit...
    Posted by Icon11

I think i've worn him down, but as soon as he comes to, i mean wakes up, i'm sure he'll be back at it again!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Hope someone starts a game thread on the Utah game on Friday. I'll be right in front of the TV with the computer.   That will be an interesting game.  Rondo usually gets serious in these games as he's personally motivated by that BS talk about who's the best point guard.   We'll see if the team comes with energy that night!  Friday night at home.......hope its not like last year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : I see that golfer picture for you.  What's your handicap?  I'm a 9 and have been as low as a 7 at one time.....but I just can't seem to get to that 5/6/7 level.  I always have some hiccup during the round. I love golf, man! (now that I'm too old to play ball anymore).
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Best I've gotten to was a 12 a couple of years ago but arthritis has limited my play and sent my h-cap northward. Those hiccups come way too often for me, but every once in a while it comes together for a full eighteen.  I'm heading to San Diego in a couple of weeks to play a few rounds (pain be damned).

(The pic is of me hitting a pure seven iron.)

Sections
Shortcuts