GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons :  I like that one so much, i hope Fierce can dig it out a year from now, so i can read it again!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

A year from now you'll be watching Pierce become the Celtics 2nd all-time leading scorer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons :  There you go again, in a game when KG and Ray were magnificent, all you want to talk about is Pierce. Can't you see what you're doing, you have got to get over this unhealthy fixation of Paul Pierce. Tell you what, next game try to focus on the other players, and what they do, and not just on Pierce, at least that will be a start!!  We'll see what happens and go from there. Just remember, KyCeltic, and ONEONONE, are here for you. You can do it buddy

You're really doing a poor job of pretending not to hate PP. Why don't you man up and come out in the open. Stop hiding in the closet! Yell

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

great job petey. there should be a thread for EVERY game from someone. makes it more compact and structured and beats having 50 separate threads post-game.. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

anyone aware that paul now has something like 6 straight games shooting over 50% from the field in general and about the same from three point range.... he is the reason ray is doing what he is. then again perhaps its vice versa...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

[QUOTE]anyone aware that paul now has something like 6 straight games shooting over 50% from the field in general and about the same from three point range.... he is the reason ray is doing what he is. then again perhaps its vice versa...
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I agree, Paul and Ray compliment each other. It's just unfortunate that some of the posters here don't get along.

Last night's game was ugly. Very similar to the New Orleans game. The only difference is Ray made the last shot last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : I agree, Paul and Ray compliment each other. It's just unfortunate that some of the posters here don't get along. Last night's game was ugly. Very similar to the New Orleans game. The only difference is Ray made the last shot last night.
    Posted by BigBaby11[/QUOTE]
    for the year, he is 50-40-80! over 50 from field, 40 from 3 and 80 from foul line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Thank goodness we have 2 great clutch scoring guys.  Makes it harder on defenses.  Love this team, even after they drove me crazy for 3 quarters, they all showed why we love 'em in the 4th quarter.   Ray, PP, KG, Shaq, Rondo, and BBD all made key plays in that 4th quarter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]anyone aware that paul now has something like 6 straight games shooting over 50% from the field in general and about the same from three point range.... he is the reason ray is doing what he is. then again perhaps its vice versa...
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I think i heard they said he was shooting over 60% for the last few games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : A year from now you'll be watching Pierce become the Celtics 2nd all-time leading scorer.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Yet of all the Celtic starters, Rondo who doesn't try to score, is the only one your man has scored more than!!! HAHAHA

4th on his own team!!! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons :  Yet of all the Celtic starters, Rondo who doesn't try to score, is the only one your man has scored more than!!! HAHAHA  4th on his own team!!! 

Doesn't matter, as long as the Celtics keep winning this season stats don't matter. 

Pierce will be playing until 2014, by that time he would have surpassed both KG and Ray.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons :  Yet of all the Celtic starters, Rondo who doesn't try to score, is the only one your man has scored more than!!! HAHAHA  4th on his own team!!! 

Ray Allen entered the NBA in 1996 and has 21,681 career points to date. KG started his NBA career in 1995 and he has 22,746 points. Pierce started scoring points in the NBA in 1998 and he already has 20,682 points. Do the math. 

I don't know if you're pretending to be dumb or you're just plain dumb. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : Ray Allen entered the NBA in 1996 and has 21,681 career points to date. KG started his NBA career in 1995 and he has 22,746 points. Pierce started scoring points in the NBA in 1998 and he already has 20,682 points. Do the math.  I don't know if you're pretending to be dumb or you're just plain dumb. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Can you count to 4? Show me where i was wrong in what i said!!  Thats's what i thought!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons :  Can you count to 4? Show me where i was wrong in what i said!!  Thats's what i thought!

Whether Pierce is 4th or 12th on the team it doesn't matter. As long as the Celtics keep winning. 

Unlike you I would never be unhappy if Ray becomes the Finals MVP this season. Back in 2008 when the Celtics won the championship you were never to be found on this forum. During the 2007-08 season you kept mocking Pierce in the regular season. After the Celtics won and Pierce was Finals MVP you were nowhere to be found.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : Whether Pierce is 4th or 12th on the team it doesn't matter. As long as the Celtics keep winning.  Unlike you I would never be unhappy if Ray becomes the Finals MVP this season. Back in 2008 when the Celtics won the championship you were never to be found on this forum. During the 2007-08 season you kept mocking Pierce in the regular season. After the Celtics won and Pierce was Finals MVP you were nowhere to be found.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

PIerce, Pierce, Pierce, Pierce, Pierce. Did what what i said to you last night, not even register?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons :  PIerce, Pierce, Pierce, Pierce, Pierce. Did what what i said to you last night, not even register?

Then let's talk about Ray Allen then. I still can't believe that you would trade Ray Allen for Danny Granger in a minute. How dare you!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

To get this thread back on point..........

Pierce last night...blah, RA last night, Blah....SHAQ was the reason for the victory!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]To get this thread back on point.......... Pierce last night...blah, RA last night, Blah....SHAQ was the reason for the victory!!!!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

You're exactly right. No Shaq no W.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : Then let's talk about Ray Allen then. I still can't believe that you would trade Ray Allen for Danny Granger in a minute. How dare you!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't trade him for Mike Miller!!HAHAHA  But i know who wanted to, anyone care to guess!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

There's no one reason for the victory last night.  Everyone was slow and lethargic in the first half.  The bench energized the team - Nate, Erdin, BBD, etc.  Then the starters ALL played well.  Shaq was the "energy leader" with Tommy points!   Rondo put the passes where Shaq could do the most with them (even the one where Shaq let the rim block him Undecided.  But, when their D tightened up, Ray hit that HUGE shot and KG + PP + Ray all played clamp down defense.  They all played well at the end of the game and I can't give the MVP to one player.  

Great team victory.  No one carried the team in this one.  They showed why "team ball" is the way to win.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And give Doc some credit for great, timely substitutions and play calling at the end.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

yeah lots of fumbling. last 3 minutes were fun to watch. at the end of the night the only stat that matters is the W. and maybe turnovers.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons :  I wouldn't trade him for Mike Miller!!HAHAHA  But i know who wanted to, anyone care to guess!!

That's you lying right there. I never said anything about trading Ray Allen for Mike Miller. 

You're on record saying that you would trade Ray for Iggy or Monta. What's worse is you said you would trade Ray for Granger in a minute. Ray Allen is a superstar player, how dare you trade him for a player that only made the All-Star team once!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics versus Pistons : That's you lying right there. I never said anything about trading Ray Allen for Mike Miller.  You're on record saying that you would trade Ray for Iggy or Monta. What's worse is you said you would trade Ray for Granger in a minute. Ray Allen is a superstar player, how dare you trade him for a player that only made the All-Star team once.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Chemistry is so important to winning the Lakers and Spurs year after year are relevant because they have a core nucleolus in tact. We been relevant since the Big 3 came together.  Ray is perfect for what we do with the ball.  He is able to cut and move so well without the ball. He can slash to keep people honest.  Ray takes so much pressure off Paul because the oppositions 3 and 2 have to play honest D.  Paul creates his own shot like very few players in the league. He gets teams in foul trouble as he has the knack for making moves and getting the defender on his feet and getting the foul. He takes pressure off Ray as his movement with the ball gets players to play off Ray and play help defense against him and Ray is able to get open for the outside shot. KG is the quarterback on the defensive end and is the soul of this team no doubt about it. His mid range jump shot opens things up for both Ray and Paul as he moves the 4 or the 5 out the box to cover him.  

We are the sum of our parts one without the other at this point in their careers as the all play off each others strengths and cover each others weaknesses. I never considered Ray or Paul great defenders but the way each has taken on some of the best 2 and 3’s in the league they both changed there philosophy for the better of the team. Remember they way Pierce played Kobe in the finals 3 years ago or for that mater Ray and Pierce covered Lebron (with help of TA in sprits) I hope they stay here till the end of their respective contracts and teach the younger players to take over the way the old Celtics teams bridged the generations before.

Sections
Shortcuts