GAME ON: Celtics vs Heat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

GAME ON: Celtics vs Heat

Ok so we have 10 players today. This means Wade and James will be going to the hole all day. I would zone them up and make them shoot and make jumpers all day. We don't have the bodies to play physicall man to man defense. The starters are going to have to pull major minutes today. Rondo has to have his jets on from beginning to end. KG and Perk need to control the paint.

It's time to lay it all on the line since the break is coming up. The bottom line is IF the C's win this game today it will go down as one of the greatest wins in Celtic history. I'm serious too!! It will really mess with Miami's head that they would be 0-3 against the C's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Heat

You got to love Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy. I guess they've got to have someone do the game. These guys get old in about 15 minites but who doesn't? Their remarks and reactions become predictable after listening to them for 1/2 of a game. I could tell you how each one is gonna respond to a comment that is made and the "banter" which will follow. Mark Jackson has come out with a "gem" already today. After Ray Allen made his initial 3-pointer Mark said, "he's shottin' that 100 times before." Let me repeat, "he's shottin' that 100 times before." What is it with Mark Jackson and Reggie Miller and Magic Johnson {ever hear Magic "butcher" the English language?} and their tenses. "He's shottin' that 100 times before." No Mark, "he has taken that shot 100 times before" not "he's shottin' that 100 times before." Is that a word, "shottin?"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

1st quarter stats
    This had better change.
    Celtics shooting 30%
    Miami shooting 52%

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Last Celtic possession of the 1st qtr. ended up in a 24-second violation because Wafer has no mid-range game. Once again, if Wafer can't shoot the 3 he drives to the basket. Nothing in between.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

OMG.  No lift for BBD.
    Houston, liftoff aborted.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Bias,  did  you  see  what  Von  Wafer  can  do?  That  is  the  Wafer  I  have  been  talking  about.  Very  aggressive  and  hustling  type  of  player.

If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn how to say, "he is not home"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

Down one, the Baby play was disgusting, just lay the ball in the basket please

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

If Nate comes back and scores 30 tonight, I'd say "trade him" tomorrow.

Nate just doesn't get our system.  He takes horrible shots and his decision-making is terrible.  You always hear you know what you're getting and that is streaky scoring.  I don't think, for everything else this teams needs, his streaky shooting is worth keeping him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Never liked taking the 3 off a fastbreak with nobody underneath.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

That's why the Celtics should trade Nate and JO for Rip Hamilton.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Heat:
    If Nate comes back and scores 30 tonight, I'd say "trade him" tomorrow. Nate just doesn't get our system.  He takes horrible shots and his decision-making is terrible.  You always hear you know what you're getting and that is streaky scoring.  I don't think, for everything else this teams needs, his streaky shooting is worth keeping him.
    Posted by Petey62

I agree with you that Nate has bad decisions with the ball, but I will not advocate trading him is the solution, but rather school him further into Celtics type of basketball. He is very young and athletic and we need that, especially with our old and often tiring team.

If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn how to say, "He is not home"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Some of the shot selections by Pierce is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!  How many 3s is going to take????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I say put in Wafer who has been more productive than Pierce.  Im not sure what is going on with PP....but we need him to step up or step aside this game!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Some of the shot selections by Pierce is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!  How many 3s is going to take????
    Posted by jdm894g

Pierce is not going to stop shooting 3s. If the Celtics lose today it's on Pierce.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

this is a game the Celtics are finding a way to lose...Pierce can't hit a shot, the team is missing layups, squandering turnover after turnover, Miami played abysmal offense and the Celtics have found a way to play worse...to be down at the half...wow

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

If Nate comes back and scores 30 tonight, I'd say "trade him" tomorrow. Nate just doesn't get our system.  He takes horrible shots and his decision-making is terrible.  You always hear you know what you're getting and that is streaky scoring.  I don't think, for everything else this teams needs, his streaky shooting is worth keeping him.
    Posted by Petey62

I'm with you, Petey.  Just momentum breakers.  If you're Larry Bird, you could pull that off.  If you're Nate - STOP IT!!

ChiefEddie, normally, I'm with you and respect your opinion.  But on this one - don't you think they've been trying for a year to teach Nate what the "Celtic way" is?   He just seems not to get it so I'd get rid of him if I could.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Ray needs a halftime tirade towards Paul Pierce.  What is the deal with this guy?  For a game of this magnitude, it's disturbing that he hasn't shown up in the first half.

We would not even be in this game if not for Perkins' hard work down low.

Also, Rondo can take advantage of whatever PG Miami puts out there so he should look to score more in the second half.

I don't like the flow of this game and, sooner or later, Miami will make a run.  I'm just not sure we are ready to withstand it the way we are playing now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Heat : Pierce is not going to stop shooting 3s. If the Celtics lose today it's on Pierce.  
    Posted by P34

I gotta believe Paul's not going to shoot that way the rest of the game.  I'm hoping his shooting returns to the Pierce we all know and love.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

I say put in Wafer who has been more productive than Pierce.  Im not sure what is going on with PP....but we need him to step up or step aside this game!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g

I  agree  with  you,  Von  came  out  very  aggressive  today.  Why  not  play  him,  give  him  more  minutes,  let's  see  what  he  can  do.  That  is  why  his  confidence  is  low  because  each  time  he  comes  to  play,  Doc pulls  him  out.  Let  Von  play,  man.

If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn to say, "he is not home"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

Miami's defense is alright; the celtics are missing wide open looks/dunks, thanks baby ;-) . i don't like how pierce is shooting the 3 too much.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Heat : I gotta believe Paul's not going to shoot that way the rest of the game.  I'm hoping his shooting returns to the Pierce we all know and love.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I think Pierce is practicing for the 3-point shootout next week!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Ray needs a halftime tirade towards Paul Pierce.  What is the deal with this guy?  For a game of this magnitude, it's disturbing that he hasn't shown up in the first half. We would not even be in this game if not for Perkins' hard work down low. Also, Rondo can take advantage of whatever PG Miami puts out there so he should look to score more in the second half. I don't like the flow of this game and, sooner or later, Miami will make a run.  I'm just not sure we are ready to withstand it the way we are playing now.
    Posted by Petey62

The flip side is also true, right?  The Heat are only up for a couple of points and we have played terrible.  We rarely shoot this poorly for an entire game.  BBD and Perk have played great, KG's played ok..... but I expect PP and Ray to have a better 2nd half.  So, Miami better watch out for OUR run.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

We can't use the "depleted" excuse on this one?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Pierce is playing the same D on Lebron that the Lakers played on Rondo.  Watch the sagging.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Perk is the only one showing up!!!!!  And Rondo has wiped the sleep from his eyes!!! Come on rest of the team!!!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts