GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers

In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers :  It's not like you to use the word "dumb" when describing a Celtic player. Perkins did his job better then most of the C's did theirs tonight!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Well, KY, first, I didn't say he was "dumb".  I said he looks "dumb" when he's making that move.  I say that because he has to be smart enough to know that he usually has a turnover or gets his shot blocked or throws up a brick.  To thine ownself, be true!   He should know his own strengths and especially at critical points in the game.   Catch the pass and hit a layup - I love it.  Catch the ball, wave others off for clearout, and try to post up one on one against Gasol or Bynum - get real!!  That's not Perk's game and he looks uncoordinated doing it.   Sorry if it sounds like I'm calling him dumb.  Its that I'm calling that move "dumb" for him to try.

Also - I am NOT blaming the game on Perk.  Unlike others (and I'll repeat this over and over), I don't blame the game on one person.  Not Doc, not Rondo, not KG, not Pierce, not the bench.  Even Ray, on his night, missed a couple of post up shots that he can normally make. They win together and they lose together.  They all played poorly at the end, including some silly things by Perk.  They lost because the TEAM played poorly.  That frustrates the heck out of me but I don't think one person was responsible or didn't step up.

I still have faith.  Last year, they looked worse and many posters were calling for them to "step up", "they have no pride", "fire Doc", "trade Ray before his contract is up and we get nothing for him", "KG is washed up", etc.  I kept saying then and I'll say now....this is a bad stretch.  This team will get much better as health improves and when they get a break/rest.  

Number 18 on the way!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers : Well, KY, first, I didn't say he was "dumb".  I said he looks "dumb" when he's making that move.  I say that because he has to be smart enough to know that he usually has a turnover or gets his shot blocked or throws up a brick.  To thine ownself, be true!   He should know his own strengths and especially at critical points in the game.   Catch the pass and hit a layup - I love it.  Catch the ball, wave others off for clearout, and try to post up one on one against Gasol or Bynum - get real!!  That's not Perk's game and he looks uncoordinated doing it.   Sorry if it sounds like I'm calling him dumb.  Its that I'm calling that move "dumb" for him to try. Also - I am NOT blaming the game on Perk.  Unlike others (and I'll repeat this over and over), I don't blame the game on one person.  Not Doc, not Rondo, not KG, not Pierce, not the bench.  Even Ray, on his night, missed a couple of post up shots that he can normally make. They win together and they lose together.  They all played poorly at the end, including some silly things by Perk.  They lost because the TEAM played poorly.  That frustrates the heck out of me but I don't think one person was responsible or didn't step up. I still have faith.  Last year, they looked worse and many posters were calling for them to "step up", "they have no pride", "fire Doc", "trade Ray before his contract is up and we get nothing for him", "KG is washed up", etc.  I kept saying then and I'll say now....this is a bad stretch.  This team will get much better as health improves and when they get a break/rest.   Number 18 on the way!! 
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I agree you did say all of that last year, and i know you didn't say he was dumb. It just didn't seem like something you would post. Me sure, but you're a much nicer poster than i am!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers : It was a winnable game.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I think every game is winnable or there would be no point in playing it, but there are games when the odds are against you for example having 4 bench players and one of them getting hurt mid game lowers your chance of winning

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME ON: Celtics vs Lakers : I think every game is winnable or there would be no point in playing it, but there are games when the odds are against you for example having 4 bench players and one of them getting hurt mid game lowers your chance of winning
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

The Celtics lost to the Pistons and Suns on the road. Those games were not winnable because when those teams got a big lead early in the game there was no coming back. Not every game is winnable, there are off nights. That's why no NBA team goes 82-0 for a season. 

That game against the Lakers, at Boston, was winnable because it was a close game. 

Sections
Shortcuts