GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011

so far like fact rondo is shooting and making. he may have crossed that threshold. no more need for a billups. delonte will do for rondo is slowly making himself into a closer. he gets that his assist-only approach is a detriment. as guys have to now play him for his shooting, he will be even deadlier. now if he can start hitting free throws, he will be the BEST perhaps ever in the game's history. with his defense, perhaps even better than magic! still hasnt peaked as a player...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011

Luke just stunk it up in the finals minutes of the 1st qtr.  Got burned on two 3's, didnt box out underneath & missed 2 shots (one a fairly easy one)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

GET HARANGODY OUT OF THE GAME.  MISSED DEFENSIVE ASSIGNMENTS (he's given Ryan Anderson two WIDE open 3's) AND RELUCTANT TO TAKE OPEN LOOKS WITH SHOT CLOCK WINDING DOWN.  He looks uncomfortable, scared.  We cannot have a front line of Quis, Baby and Luke.  We are getting killed.

Also, end of first period and Shaq is 3 - 3.  Maybe it's me but let's keep feeding him the ball.  We are killing them in the paint yet we stop going there.

Another 3 by Ryan Anderson.  Get Harangody out the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

How can Doc leave Luke in so long?? Hes killing us

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, Petey, for all the people who asked for more Harongody and got excited by his one good game, they are seeing he's not quite ready for primetime.  Too slow and just lost.  But, the good news is that he's getting experience, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan4life, I was thinking about one poster in particular who feels the "Practical Solution" is more minutes for Harangody.  What a ridiculous idea!

Three fouls on Shaq.  I don't understand how we can go 4 or 5 possessions and not once look for Shaq in the post.  We cannot put pressure on Howard if we don't challenge him.  Shaq is 3-3 but hasn't gotten the ball in the post since.  Not good.

But Harangody should not see the floor again tonight.  We need help.  Ok KG is back but we still need big man help.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Geez, how much $$ do the refs have on the Magic tonight?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In the last couple of days, several of you said the refs would be giving the fouls to Orlando.  Oh, how right you were.  But, Celts just have to hang in until the end.  If its close, I predict a Celts win.  Its also a time when the refs won't call as much ticky tacky stuff.

Petey, you are right about the NEED for another big man.  Can't argue with that.  The problem is where to get him (subject of that other post) and who to waive?  We have to waive someone and we have to find someone where its worth waiving someone.  The solution is to get Sheed back and waive Bradley (or if the problem with O'Neal is too serious, waive him).  But, we have to waive someone in order to get another player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Karllost, it's not all on the refs.  Shaq's foul was NOT a foul nor was KG's 3rd foul.  But we are hacking and slapping at them.  And the reason they are getting calls is because they are going inside.  We are taking jump shots.

We have to take the ball inside.  We have to get the ball to Shaq to put pressure on Howard and make them double team him.  If the Magic don't double team Shaq, he should take Howard every time.

KG has a short Brandon Bass on him that he should be taking advantage of.  KG needs to be more offensive.

In the second half, we have to turn up the defense.  If the Magic can't score at ease, then they cannot win this game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

well, it's half time.  we're shooting over 60% and we're only up a point.  ORL is shooting low 40's%.  howard has almost 20 points.  looks like it's going to be a long long night.  ORL will probably not stay around 40% all night.

nice to see rondo hit a couple shots.  but what the doctor ordered tonight from our "point guard" was a little dribble penetration to draw fouls on.  we're not getting it.  not even close.  such offensive activity would stand to put nelson and/or howard in foul trouble. 

ORL has a lot of offensive weaponry, disabling one or two of the guns should be the utmost highest priority.

does anyone out there remember tiny archibald in his celtics career?  tiny was a shred of his former self but he'd still roll his sleeves up and drive the lane knowing he'd get hammered and shoot a couple at the line.  he did it well.  without it, that '81 celts team would have been different and less effective.

to a lesser degree, kenny anderson during his "good" year or two with the c's did the same thing.  he sensed when he needed to create  and it helped the team to create foul trouble and get needed rest during those free throws.

i wonder why such intelligent and effective PG play has gone out of style for this c's team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011:
    Karllost, it's not all on the refs.  Shaq's foul was NOT a foul nor was KG's 3rd foul.  But we are hacking and slapping at them.  And the reason they are getting calls is because they are going inside.  We are taking jump shots. We have to take the ball inside.  We have to get the ball to Shaq to put pressure on Howard and make them double team him.  If the Magic don't double team Shaq, he should take Howard every time. KG has a short Brandon Bass on him that he should be taking advantage of.  KG needs to be more offensive. In the second half, we have to turn up the defense.  If the Magic can't score at ease, then they cannot win this game.
    Posted by Petey62

Good points Petey.

Lets also face one other thing.. Luke is getting abused.. hes not even boxing out well. I guess we're forced to use him but hes gettin schooled tonight.

IF we pick up another player that can help us, I wouldnt think twice to waive AB, Luke or JON. We got this and maybe next year before this team probably breaks up.. so we do whatever necessary for a title now

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan4life, I know we will have to waive someone.  I'll leave the details up to Danny.

What is the deal with Semih?  This guy misses every other game.  Is it still his shoulder or the groin now?  And we have not yet gotten into the dog days of February West Coast swings.  Is he going to be a consistent contributor NOW and when Perk returns?

Seems that the area for the most injuries has been at the center spot.  We came into this thing with 3 viable options and 4 once Perk returned.  Right now, I am not sure we will be able to count on Semih and JON consistently for the rest of the season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Karllost, it's not all on the refs.  Shaq's foul was NOT a foul nor was KG's 3rd foul.  But we are hacking and slapping at them.  And the reason they are getting calls is because they are going inside.  We are taking jump shots. We have to take the ball inside.  We have to get the ball to Shaq to put pressure on Howard and make them double team him.  If the Magic don't double team Shaq, he should take Howard every time. KG has a short Brandon Bass on him that he should be taking advantage of.  KG needs to be more offensive. In the second half, we have to turn up the defense.  If the Magic can't score at ease, then they cannot win this game.
    Posted by Petey62

Only one correction, we ARE getting into the paint.  Celts were scoring more in the paint than the Magic (BBD twice, Pierce dunks, Shaq 3 times, KG once, Ray in there twice, etc).  Magic got a lot of points off 3's.  Howard went to the basket but the other guys got their fouls on offensive rebounds.  So, we should get some fouls too because we went inside more than them (of course, ours were clean baskets).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Celtsfan4life, I know we will have to waive someone.  I'll leave the details up to Danny. What is the deal with Semih?  This guy misses every other game.  Is it still his shoulder or the groin now?  And we have not yet gotten into the dog days of February West Coast swings.  Is he going to be a consistent contributor NOW and when Perk returns? Seems that the area for the most injuries has been at the center spot.  We came into this thing with 3 viable options and 4 once Perk returned.  Right now, I am not sure we will be able to count on Semih and JON consistently for the rest of the season.
    Posted by Petey62

Agree on the Center position.  We knew Shaq would have some games missed, but Semih is a surprise.  Let's hope this time while Perk is building his stamina goes by without too many losses.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I am not sure we will be able to count on Semih and JON consistently for the rest of the season.
    Posted by Petey62

you know that jerlame o'knee-l is not reliable.

but i thought it had also been said that erden had a perkins-like shoulder injury that would inevitably need surgery and they were just trying to keep him pasted together for some minutes where he could.

neither sounds that reliable to me. 

as much as i don't like him, camby would look good in green right now.  but we'd have to jettison some serious other parts due to the $ he's getting paid.  it doesn't seem as if there are any easy solutions to gain stability at the 5 right now. 

only the trainers know if they are holding back on jerlame with the thought that he can conjure up some reliablity for the stretch run. 

is it sheed to the rescue.  lol.  maybe he's chained to a treadmill somehwere.  but i wouldn't add him to the roster any time soon, he'd just loaf it up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Did you hear Reggie's analysis of how much of a points in the paint advantage we have?  Also, did you hear how many 3's they have hit?  That's what's killing us, not points in the paint.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I love KG and his energy.  He's not 100% yet as we can see.  Not jumping quick.  But, we needed his energy and smarts on the court.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

They are only 7 - 16 on 3's.  It's US not hitting our 3's.  We're 1 for 6.  They have almost 40 points in the paint (FG and subsequent FTs).

I also believe we have to get Shaq the ball more in the post.  I really want to see him put pressure on Howard.  Shaq has done something good every time he's gotten the ball in the post.  And we're not feeding him enough.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Petey...you said:  "  And the reason they are getting calls is because they are going inside.  We are taking jump shots."  But in reality, we are going to the hole more than they are.  They are getting the calls for some other reason.

So, by your own math, the issue here is that they've scored 21 points from the 3 point line and we've scored 3.  So, that's the REAL issue, not that we aren't going to the paint.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

PS, Petey, you are right about Shaq.  If he can stay in enough, we can use him more down low.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Hey, Petey - is that a picture of you, your son, or someone else as your Avatar?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Hey, has anyone see our CAPTAIN?  He's taken a grand total of SIX shots and has 11 points.  If anyone has seen him, please tell him he's needed RIGHT NOW.

Pierce, show up and do something.

Nate Robinson is killing us.  Makes a great steal and then chucks up a 3-pointer with nobody under.  Amazing.

Keep feeding Shaq.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, that's been par for the course for Nate lately.  BBD playing well, though.  Time for KG to come back and time to shut down their 3's.  Its money time!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Rondo just caused Shaq to get his 5th foul.  There are times to reach and poke but there are also times when you HAVE to stay in front of your man and play tough defense.  He reached once and then Jameer went right around him and Shaq picks up number 5.  We are making some bad defensive decisions.

Rondo is so intent on getting the steal that he exposes his bigs just too much and at the worst times.

Still haven't seen our CAPTAIN.  Ray is being aggressive but he needs help to take it home.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

Hey, Petey - is that a picture of you, your son, or someone else as your Avatar?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Are you serious?...This isnt the adultfriend finder...seriously

Sections
Shortcuts