GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011

Nate has turned into the court jester.  He continues to make dumb plays offsetting some of the good he does. He'll just never get it, it seems.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011:
    Keep feeding Shaq.
    Posted by Petey62

it's almost too late for that.  5 fouls now.  we should have been doing it more.  we could have stopped the howard offensive machine.  now we have davis against a rolling howard.

one or two of these other orlando shooters other than anderson is bound to get warm.  looking like  nail biter finish.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011 : Are you serious?...This isnt the adultfriend finder...seriously
    Posted by allen2034

can we put that in the board hall of fame?  almost fell off the chair laughing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Orlando's production from the 3-point shot is the same as our production from points in the paint.  So, at this point, forget about the refs, forget about everything.  This is MONEY TIME.  As Doc says, "Go get it".

Let's see who can execute down the stretch.  4:41 remaining.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Hey, Petey - is that a picture of you, your son, or someone else as your Avatar?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

This is a picture of me from my college days at the US Military Academy at West Point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011 : Are you serious?...This isnt the adultfriend finder...seriously
    Posted by allen2034

Allen, you are too funny.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Theres our Captain!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Captain Paul....Money time!

Petey - I've worked with some guys from West Point and from the Naval Academy.  Amazingly tough and loyal and patriotic guys, not to mention smart.  Two very good schools!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Formula:  Hold on until the end of the game, Ray hits critical 3's, Paul makes THE clutch basket, KG makes THE clutch defensive play, Ray ices it with free throws.

These are the Celtics, baby!  Love 'em!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SusanLovesCelts. Show SusanLovesCelts's posts

So awesome! Everyone looked really good tonight.  Great to see KG back! We're a whole different animal with him.  If we can somehow get everyone healthy going into the playoffs, we'll have #18!  But with older guys, that can be a challenge.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Posted by allen2034

It isn't?  No wonder I am never getting any action in here.  I feel like an idiot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Whew great win.  Great execution down the stretch and good defense - we got stops.

Celtsfan4life, your description is right on about service academy grads.  West Point's motto is Duty, Honor, Country.

Ray hits the huge 3.  The captain supplies the dagger and KG seals (steals) the win.

Love em.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i really didnt see us winning this one the way the calls were going. I am glad the celtics fought through it and won.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

KG answers all questions!

KG fills all holes!

KG dispells all doubts!

KG is 100% healthy!

KG helps you sleep good!

Nighty! Night!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011 : It isn't?  No wonder I am never getting any action in here.  I feel like an idiot.
    Posted by Icon11

I'm still laughing out loud at both your posts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

KG answers all questions! KG fills all holes! KG dispells all doubts! KG is 100% healthy! KG helps you sleep good! Nighty! Night!
    Posted by BiasLewis

And who was posting that the Celtics were lying and that he wasn't ready?  KG is the man!  I love how this team plays together.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Wow. Now that was a great game. I was on the edge of my seat for the whole game. I respect the Magic. They're tough. The C's brought their A game tonight and they needed it to win. This game had a playoff atmosphere to it. 
        Are those posters here that think Dwight Howard is over rated still think that? He was great tonight. When did he start making those outside bank shots? He didn't have that shot in the years past.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And he's hitting his foul shots!  he's playing tremendously well.  Magic have answered the question of "are they better with this trade".  The answer is a resounding "yes"!  J Rich and Hedu are the keys.  Arenas adds little to nothing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Hey, has anyone see our CAPTAIN?  He's taken a grand total of SIX shots and has 11 points.  If anyone has seen him, please tell him he's needed RIGHT NOW. Pierce, show up and do something. Nate Robinson is killing us.  Makes a great steal and then chucks up a 3-pointer with nobody under.  Amazing. Keep feeding Shaq.
    Posted by Petey62
    Nate`s pretty useless when he doesn`t hit his shots. Doubt he`ll ever be a good decision-maker. Pierce did what he needed to do when he needed to do it. Did a great job checking Turkolu all night long.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Good game Celtics.  The old geezers can still play well and there are some younger players that look very good too. 
         Also, when the Magic made the big trade, I didn't think they really gained.  I thought they just reshuffled the deck and came out even. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Good game.  I was watching while bowling in my league.  The one thing that they have to remember in games against teams like ORL is to stay at home against the shooters.  Let Dwight go one on one and live with the results.  Fight over screens and jam the person rolling to the hoop. 

Now in a few more weeks Perk and DWest will be back and folks will not have to play out of position or extended minutes.  Im glad the 'Gody is getting minutes because he may be needed in the future. 

Hopefully, the bring this same intensity against Detroit on Wednesday.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Hold your horses on proclaiming the Magic as a better team after their trade,someone should fire Danny Crawford for this dispicable display of onesided refereeing. The man is a hater of anything even remotely related to kelly green! I'm not sure what the final Free throw count was but the Magic were approaching 40 Free throws,Come on Man.....That simply destroy's the integrity of the game noone came to see the biggest farce in refereeing come to play Ref for the Magic...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Wow. Now that was a great game. I was on the edge of my seat for the whole game. I respect the Magic. They're tough. The C's brought their A game tonight and they needed it to win. This game had a playoff atmosphere to it.      Are those posters here that think Dwight Howard is over rated still think that? He was great tonight. When did he start making those outside bank shots? He didn't have that shot in the years past.
    Posted by mem17
    Of course he's over rated.  He can set moving screens and no foul, gets every call his way.  Pushed KG twice in front of the ref - no technical call.    Ticky tack calls for Howard got the Magic back into the game at the end of the 1st quarter - otherwise the whole game would have been a blow out.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: GAME THOUGHTS: ORLANDO-boston 1-17-2011 : Of course he's over rated.  He can set moving screens and no foul, gets every call his way.  Pushed KG twice in front of the ref - no technical call.    Ticky tack calls for Howard got the Magic back into the game at the end of the 1st quarter - otherwise the whole game would have been a blow out.   
    Posted by jeezem
    My favorite foul call of the night came with Jameer Nelson launching himself to the floor rather than run into Shaq and he still got 2 Free throws for his effort,though he only made one...What a sham the Two Crawfords are Danny and Joey seperated at birth by a cheating scum bucket daddy,hence the apples don't fall far from the tree...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

here are some parting thoughts on this game-

1. is reggie and harlan smoking crak to be saying "oooooh!", "aaaaahhhh!!" when turgloo was "staring" at kg, and then further stated how "very tough" turky is?  really?  seriously?  tough like a marshmallow that got left on the counter for an hour?

2. arenas looks like last week's newspaper.  i think the magic got gypped.

3. nelson looked awful.  he was begging to be abused on defense.  what happened to rondo's post up game?  methinks he could have easily had nelson sitting pine with fouls and then enters duhon, the worst point guard in the league.

4. if it wasn't ryan anderson's birthday, we win this by 10-12 easily.

5. davis played excellent defense on howard and made much better decisions offensively

6. howard got most of his 30 on scrambled switch defense plays when nobody covered (i mean even attempted to get in the same zip code) on the switch help.

7. howard seems to have improved his offensive repetoire some, but his mental setup remains..... questionable.  he lost his cool in the clinching moments of the game and nearly got a T.  on that play, howard actually poked at KG once unprovoked and then again and still got away with his act.  He probably won't get away w/ it in the playoffs.

8. shak looked decent, did not have his shot blocked and i can't figure out why he only got however many shots he did- 6 or 7?  he should have gotten 10-12 looks and maybe we get 2 fouls on howard out of that.  instead there was not enough shak.

9. i loved how ray took advantage of j-rich's horrendous defensive skills at just the right time.  you have to be seriously well conditioned to play heavy minutes and then provide multiple daggers in the last 3 minutes of a close game.

10. a significant component of the bench offense should be marcheese on the post and he can't take as much time as he does to get his shot off.

Sections
Shortcuts