Game thread Boston Celtics versus Toronto Raptors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Game thread Boston Celtics versus Toronto Raptors

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to Petey62's comment:

Pierce is trying to play "Hero Ball".  He missed everything.

What does missing a shot have to do with "hero ball"   Was it hero ball leading the team in rebounds and assists?

OneonOne, as the Celtics were building momentum offensively, as always, Pierce takes an ill-advised 3-point attempt that hits NOTHING.  My post was alot earlier than the final airball after running the clock down (or I would have commented about that play too).  That play was "hero ball".  My post was a post commenting on that play (the first airball).

As for Pierce doing everything else, he rebounded well but offensively he played horrible - and not because he did not score 20.  More so because he forced alot of bad shots and, IMO, was a momentum buster when the team was in a good offensive flow.

As our go-to offensive threat, he was a liability tonight.  So it's not all about 20 points or he played terrible.  Not at all.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

It's not Rondo, it's what KG does that usually determine the outcome of the game. 

Celts can win with or without Rondo. But one thing's for sure, the Celts are not going to win many games without KG.

[/QUOTE]

+1m

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

KG 19 points and 10 boards against the Knicks in NY and Celts win.

KG 24 points and 11 boards against the Heat and Celts win.

Tonight KG had 27 points and 10 boards and Celts win.

It's not Rondo, it's what KG does that usually determine the outcome of the game. 

Celts can win with or without Rondo. But one thing's for sure, the Celts are not going to win many games without KG.

+5

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

What does missing a shot have to do with "hero ball"   Was it hero ball leading the team in rebounds and assists?

OneonOne, as the Celtics were building momentum offensively, as always, Pierce takes an ill-advised 3-point attempt that hits NOTHING.  My post was alot earlier than the final airball after running the clock down (or I would have commented about that play too).  That play was "hero ball".  My post was a post commenting on that play (the first airball).

As for Pierce doing everything else, he rebounded well but offensively he played horrible - and not because he did not score 20.  More so because he forced alot of bad shots and, IMO, was a momentum buster when the team was in a good offensive flow.

As our go-to offensive threat, he was a liability tonight.  So it's not all about 20 points or he played terrible.  Not at all.

He only took at the most 3 questionable shots.  The air ball he was wide open.  Assists count for PP don't they or do assists only count for Rondo?  PP ran the pick and roll with Garnett for points 2 or 3 times in the 4th.  Every game it seems you say the same things.  As I recall when he had the triple double you referred to him as "useless".  How bad did he play in the 4th quarter we only scored 30 pts. 

Nevermind,  wasting my time..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

KG 19 points and 10 boards against the Knicks in NY and Celts win.

KG 24 points and 11 boards against the Heat and Celts win.

Tonight KG had 27 points and 10 boards and Celts win.

But the most important thing KG brings is his leadership and skill on the defensive end of the court.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

He only took at the most 3 questionable shots.  The air ball he was wide open.  Assists count for PP don't they or do assists only count for Rondo?  PP ran the pick and roll with Garnett for points 2 or 3 times in the 4th.  Every game it seems you say the same things.  As I recall when he had the triple double you referred to him as "useless".  How bad did he play in the 4th quarter we only scored 30 pts. 

Calm down now, he had a bad shooting night, but he did other things well. I agree with what Tommy said, he needs to pass the ball ahead instead of trying to dribble it up himself. Barbosa was a big factor in this game by providing key scoring when we needed it badly!!  Something Rondo does not do, by the way!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Preferably someone not involved in a Rape case or a lunatic wannabe...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

And all the Doc haters are quiet because Doc did a good job coaching tonight.

AS he usually does....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Good things tend to happen when you're aggressive to the rim.  Call Barbosa wild and often out of control but don't call him "not aggressive".  He is fearless.

He actually is starting to play under control..avoiding the charges...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

I love Barbosa he needs a 2 year deal. He a spark plug

Lets all pitch in...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

In response to genaro008's comment:

I love Barbosa he needs a 2 year deal. He a spark plug

Lets all pitch in...

I got $5 on it.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Calm down now, he had a bad shooting night, but he did other things well. I agree with what Tommy said, he needs to pass the ball ahead instead of trying to dribble it up himself. Barbosa was a big factor in this game by providing key scoring when we needed it badly!!  Something Rondo does not do, by the way!!

I agree 100% with you analysis.  Pretty much what I have been saying.  I see this nearly every game.  Every now and then just get tired of it when people can see the game as it is really played.  Barbosa,  is you will look in the thread I started on him I wish we would sign him for 2 years.