Game Thread; Boston vs Toronto

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Game Thread; Boston vs Toronto

SHOULD be a relatively easy game but its the NBA and anyone can beat anyone on a fluke kind of night.   But, they are hurt and we should be able to win this.   Let's stay focused, C's!

I expect this will be a lightly read and used game thread because everyone's out drinking and partying on Friday rather than watching what SHOULD be an easy Celtic win, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Game Thread; Boston vs Toronto

Sadly I have a life that is not that exciting. I hope over this brutal stretch Doc can find a way to rest his guys. While I love doc I feel like he has a tendency at times to grind them into the ground. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Lets hope Doc decides to play Moore and Johnson. I would like to see them get playing time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

So would I. I'm curious about Hollins too. Though he can't rebound a lick his athleticism is intriguing. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I have NEVER seen a guy jump at EVERY opponent's pump fake like Bass does.  You're taught that in grade school but every time Bass' man pump fakes, he jumps.

Bradley, with authority.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Bradley again. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The beginning of a difficult stretch for the Celtics.  It would be nice to see them win the first game.   Not sure they will be able to win 3 games in 3 nights.  It wouldn't be easy for any team, unless you have a dependable bench that gets considerable playing time. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Doc, Play Moore!!!!!!!! and JJJ...instead of Dooling

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread; Boston vs Toronto:
    [QUOTE]Lets hope Doc decides to play Moore and Johnson. I would like to see them get playing time.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

susan250, I think we can win all three of these games.  Honestly, I think we can win them all going away.

It's obvious looking at this one that if our bench gives up ANYTHING resembling some production, our starters won't be playing 30 minutes.

This is as great a time as ever to be playing Toronto.  They are injured and don't have guys out there with true NBA experience.

I think we can play our backups for the rest of the half.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Wow, spoke too soon.

Between Marquis and Dooling, our backups are horrible.  Toronto is really not playing well but we cannot separate with our backups in.  These are D-League players and our backups cannot extend our lead.

Ok, starters are back in.  Let's make things happen.  Wow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

There's a balance here - too many bench minutes and we have a close game and danger of losing. I think Doc will reduce the minutes of the starters but still put them in enough to win. I want wins and not rest + losses. They lost enough games in the beginning of the season so there's no excuse for the starters not playing and losing to weak teams, anymore.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread; Boston vs Toronto": [QUOTE]Wow, spoke too soon. Between Marquis and Dooling, our backups are horrible.  Toronto is really not playing well but we cannot separate with our backups in.  These are D-League players and our backups cannot extend our lead. Ok, starters are back in.  Let's make things happen.  Wow. Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE] Often people criticize Doc for playing the starters too much but when the bench comes in and gives up leads, starters have to fight hard ito get it back. Our top 3 bench guys are usually good but after that, they are a waste so I ain't mad at him (Doc) for coaching for the wins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

I'd much rather see what JJJ can do instead of what Marquis can no longer do

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Rondo, when you have a lane to the rim for a layup, please take it.  Don't worry about 16 assists tonight.  You'll get them but please let's not look to get them at the expense of passing up opportunities at the rim for yourself.

It would be nice if he got aggressive and attacked the rim.  I believe he could have a field day but, again, it's the assists he's looking for.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Game Thread; Boston vs Toronto": Often people criticize Doc for playing the starters too much but when the bench comes in and gives up leads, starters have to fight hard ito get it back. Our top 3 bench guys are usually good but after that, they are a waste so I ain't mad at him (Doc) for coaching for the wins.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    I know it's crazy to expect but I'd really like to see JJJ or Moore in the game in place of Quis.  We simply had nobody who could score in the game during that stretch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

No life,yet. I sense we're just cruising and believe we can just "turn it on". Dangerous way to play. It's not "being tired" since we had a day off. Just no energy. 34 points? Really? Bench just takes away our momentum.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread; Boston vs Toronto": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread; Boston vs Toronto : I know it's crazy to expect but I'd really like to see JJJ or Moore in the game in place of Quis.  We simply had nobody who could score in the game during that stretch. Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE] Agreed. They must really be in the coach's doghouse big time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

NICE play!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Doc, please play the rookies! We need fresh legs and bodies. I am perplexed why Moore or JJ has not seen any playing time!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Game Thread; Boston vs Toronto": Agreed. They must really be in the coach's doghouse big time.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Whoever gets the smallest paycheck is Doc's doghouse

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Pierce putting forth one of his stinkers tonight.    

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Chew them all a new one , Doc!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Unbelievable.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I was afraid of this. Doc is going to run his starters into the ground. They are playing big minutes and losing.  Doc, play the bench. 

Sections
Shortcuts