Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks

Fierce, the windo is closed.  We make the playoffs by default because the Eastern conference is bad!  There is not one player out there we can trade for that can come in and put us over the top.  Trading Rondo or Ray is not the answer.  The Celtics are who we thought they were.  Too good to miss the playoffs and not bad enough to get a lottery pick.  

Fierce, to be fair, bash every player on the roster win or lose.  Scrutanize each and every second of their game.  PP could have cost us the game by bricking a free throw to push the lead to 3.  Rondo missed two.  We won dispite all that!!! 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : First game back after an injury, sustained another injury, single game sample saize, excellent frist several games. Plain and simple,this is illogical. Your dislike for Rondo and your praise of Bradley are irrational. Not debatable.  In fact, you're perseverance is downright troll like. Welcome to IGNORE
    Posted by JustWords[/QUOTE]

Troll like, that is about a perfect fit for Fierce. So for this year , he laughed at Ray when he got hit in the mouth, Made a post about how pathetic KG is, Said Bradley was not an NBA player, now he has moved on to Rondo. The good news is some of the members of this board are starting to figure him out. There are Laker fans on the board that don't down grade the Celtics as much as this so called Celtic fan does!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks :  Troll like, that is about a perfect fit for Fierce. So for this year , he laughed at Ray when he got hit in the mouth, Made a post about how pathetic KG is, Said Bradley was not an NBA player, now he has moved on to Rondo. The good news is some of the members of this board are starting to figure him out. There are Laker fans on the board that don't down grade the Celtics as much as this so called Celtic fan does!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Yup.  Doesn't matter if it's sports or any other topic - there's always guys like that.  I'll try to restrain myself in my criticism, but suffice to say, they don't change, and they don't care.  IGNORE tends to be the only option.  It's the same thing over and over again anyways.  It's not like I'm missing much.

peace

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : Exciting win? We beat a team with a 8-15 record. Ugh! You excited about Rondo going 1-4 from the FT line?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    The GAME was exciting because I like watching Basketball.You get excited making up bogus trades and argueing nonstop with a certain other poster.To each his own.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : They took so long to scrutinize that tape (grandma had enough time to get to the lobby rest room and back) you'd think is was the 7th game of the finals .... just another regular season game with homecourt advantage ... another bang up job by your NBA Refs ... Thnx Stern!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

They ended up getting the call right.Are they supposed to blow off doing their jobs cause it wasn`t a playoff game?You must be a Joey Crawford fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I don't know if it was the right call.  I thought I saw one frame with the ball in Pierce hand about to be released and the next frame with the ball out of his hand with the light on.  No definitive determination can be made from those 2 frames.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Unless the refs have a monitor with more detail, I thought the ball leaving Pierce's hand was inconclusive and the basket should have counted.  Impressive win Celtics.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]Unless the refs have a monitor with more detail, I thought the ball leaving Pierce's hand was inconclusive and the basket should have counted.  Impressive win Celtics.
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

Why is it impressive when the win was against a team that's 8-15 and at home? Beating the Bulls or the Heat would be impressive, beating the Knicks is just plain job done....next!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : Why is it impressive when the win was against a team that's 8-15 and at home? Beating the Bulls or the Heat would be impressive, beating the Knicks is just plain job done....next!
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]
    Just a couple weeks ago the Doomsdayers wrote the Celtics off.  I posted that they had a chance to rebound.  Lets face facts. This team has too much age to storm thru the season and wipe everybody out in the Playoffs.  The best we can hope for is that they make the Playoffs and then pull off a miracle.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In defense of another poster, I think he HAS gotten on all the Celtics equally.  Bradley, Ray, KG and JON have not escaped his scrutiny/
    Bradley - "he is not an NBA player"
    Ray - "he can't play D or pass."
    KG - "KG is washed up, and can't play center."
    JON - "we cannot win in the playoffs with JON at center."

He is on Rondo's case now, and I have no problem with that.  You guys need to read Fierce more carefully.  He's an equal opportuntiy basher!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : Speaking the truth makes me troll like? Last night was not the first time Rondo failed to score in the 4th qtr. If you're not a threat on offense you're hurting the team because it would be like playing 4 vs. 5. Rondo went 1-4 from the FT line last night. Even bricked 2 FTs when the score was tied at 79-79 in the 4th qtr.  When Bradley was starting, the Celts went 6-2. Some said the reason for that was due to the fact that the Celts were playing bad teams. Last night the Celts played another bad team with an 8-15 record and Celts barely beat them.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I support you on this one, if Danny could just make that deal with Phoenix,
    Nash, Gortat for Rondo and JON. We'd be in the mix with Chicago and Miami.
    Nash has to be respected by the defense and he's just as good a passer as Rondo and Bradley can give us the defense. I believe we would be fine without Rondo. He won't change; half amazing, half dud.
    I wouldn't trade Ray but Rondo yes. He's not fit to build around in the future, he's too flawed (play offs-half court game) and that's not based on his performance against the Knicks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Unless the refs have a monitor with more detail, I thought the ball leaving Pierce's hand was inconclusive and the basket should have counted.  Impressive win Celtics.
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

Get your eyes checked.Im a Celtics fan,and the ball was clearly still on his fingertips.Paul`s body language pretty much gave it away.Not one Celtic, including PP and Doc complained about the call after the game. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In defense of another poster, I think he HAS gotten on all the Celtics equally.  Bradley, Ray, KG and JON have not escaped his scrutiny/ Bradley - "he is not an NBA player" Ray - "he can't play D or pass." KG - "KG is washed up, and can't play center." JON - "we cannot win in the playoffs with JON at center." He is on Rondo's case now, and I have no problem with that.  You guys need to read Fierce more carefully.  He's an equal opportuntiy basher!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    Must be his alter ego.....LOL!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : I support you on this one, if Danny could just make that deal with Phoenix, Nash, Gortat for Rondo and JON. We'd be in the mix with Chicago and Miami. Nash has to be respected by the defense and he's just as good a passer as Rondo and Bradley can give us the defense. I believe we would be fine without Rondo. He won't change; half amazing, half dud. I wouldn't trade Ray but Rondo yes. He's not fit to build around in the future, he's too flawed (play offs-half court game) and that's not based on his performance against the Knicks.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]
    Wow, Nash!!!  Really????  You think Rose and Wade aren't going to licking thier chops to see slow man Nash trying to defend them?  PP gets eaten up by Deng and LBJ, Bosh has pretty much owned KG.  Ray and Nash in the backcourt will really put our bigs in big trouble.  They can't keep anyone in front of them.  Who will be leading the break or who will be even able to fast break?  Talk about breaking out the AARP cards....H E L L NO to NASH!!!!!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : Wow, Nash!!!  Really????  You think Rose and Wade aren't going to licking thier chops to see slow man Nash trying to defend them?  PP gets eaten up by Deng and LBJ, Bosh has pretty much owned KG.  Ray and Nash in the backcourt will really put our bigs in big trouble.  They can't keep anyone in front of them.  Who will be leading the break or who will be even able to fast break?  Talk about breaking out the AARP cards....H E L L NO to NASH!!!!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

How would you feel if we went after Pryzbilla this year, or AK47 in Free Agency?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : Get your eyes checked.Im a Celtics fan,and the ball was clearly still on his fingertips.Paul`s body language pretty much gave it away.Not one Celtic, including PP and Doc complained about the call after the game. 
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]
    I don't know how you can be so sure, clearly really?  Well no sports news or outlet is really reporting that was a clear violation of shot clock even after seeing again over and over.  To me it is inconclusive.  Pierce reaction was very different than what you suggested and how the hell would he know, he was looking at the basket.  They did not complain after the game because they actually won.  I mean they should have complained that they should have won by more points?