Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks": Yes. You think that will never happen? I'm more concerned with the lack of production at the center position.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

we are not getting beat by the center... this is a lack of energy and shooting...the two other guys do a better job at that than Rondo and thats a fact

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

the celtics look like a different team from the one that went 6 and2 without rondo.  Boring team and no ball movement.  Common Celtics

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]That's why we trade Rondo for a big man.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

good one

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sure glad none of you guys on the last 10 posts are coaches. Your team is down by six pts when the other team has played their best ball. Celts didn't play their best but they are in this and they're not playing the Cavs nor Raptors nor Wizards! The team is doing ok guys. Hang in there and try not to trade the guards or insert young inexperienced guys just because we are down by 6 pts.
    What Celtics team is doing ok?  Not this one.  I agree that we are not playing our best but I think most of the posters, especially the last 10 posters, want them to play as well as they've played over the past 7 or 8 games.  That doesn't have to be our best but it's so much better than how we're playing.

Also, WHY aren't we playing our best?  Better yet, why aren't we playing as well as we've played lately?  We look like a totally different team and, in my opinion, it's not because we're playing a great Knicks team.  They have been playing as poorly as the Wizards lately but, like most teams, they play better against us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]the celtics look like a different team from the one that went 6 and2 without rondo.  Boring team and no ball movement.  Common Celtics
    Posted by RickFox17[/QUOTE]
    yup, ZERO ball movement

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Knicks are a lot better than their record shows though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Peter, look at the teams we played. If you expect us to beat the motivated Knicks the way we drubbed Cleveland, Toronto, Wizards, and Orlando....you are missing the key to why we won a lot of games recently. Other than Indiana, this is one of our first true tests of how good we are.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I mean, how do you defend Anthony?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks": [QUOTE]I'm sure glad none of you guys on the last 10 posts are coaches. Your team is down by six pts when the other team has played their best ball. Celts didn't play their best but they are in this and they're not playing the Cavs nor Raptors nor Wizards! The team is doing ok guys. Hang in there and try not to trade the guards or insert young inexperienced guys just because we are down by 6 pts. Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE] Previous comments really have very little to with tonight's game by itself. It's about observing and commenting on what has been obvious for the past few years. Rondo has been a liability because of his lack of a jump shot. If the C's had a PG who was a complete player, they would be an elite team this year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Celtics offense looks slow and very predictable. Rondo holds the ball too much it seems

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Nice shot from Rondo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]Peter, look at the teams we played. If you expect us to beat the motivated Knicks the way we drubbed Cleveland, Toronto, Wizards, and Orlando....you are missing the key to why we won a lot of games recently. Other than Indiana, this is one of our first true tests of how good we are.

thats not an excuse...we are watching a trend here.. stagnant offense and zero pressure on the ball..no energy..and there has been only one different thing, the return of Rondo...i like rondos game but obviously something is wrong..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : we are not getting beat by the center... this is a lack of energy and shooting...the two other guys do a better job at that than Rondo and thats a fact Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE] Knicks center and PF have 27 pts and 16 rebounds. Ours have 15 pts and 8 rebounds. JON and Wilcox have 2 pts. What game are you watching?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : thats not an excuse...we are watching a trend here.. stagnant offense and zero pressure on the ball..no energy..and there has been only one different thing, the return of Rondo...i like rondos game but obviously something is wrong..
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]
    The quality of the opponent has nothing to do with our play? Come on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks": Knicks center and PF have 27 pts and 16 rebounds. Ours have 15 pts and 8 rebounds. JON and Wilcox have 2 pts. What game are you watching?

where is the ball movement for them to be productive?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

I think our offense was better when evryone was pssing the ball and creating assist while rondo was out.  We look slow and old again.  I miss the old young celtics before tonite.  Did we play last nite  i dont think so but Knicks are coming from a back to back and are playing with more energy  than us

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan, WE have more motivation to win this game than the Knicks.  They beat us on Christmas Day, Pierce is playing and Rondo is back.  I think we have every reason to come out with some fire and step up for this one.

I do not expect us to drub the Knicks but I do expect us to play better BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN PLAYING BETTER.  And I expect us to win tonight.

Bottom line, the Knicks have been struggling against everyone, regardless of how good they are.  We're good too and, right now, we look like garbage.  And I say again, we look like garbage and NOT because of what the Knicks are doing.

Just my opinion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Anyway, we aren't going to find out how well we would have played against NY without Rondo, are we?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : The quality of the opponent has nothing to do with our play? Come on.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

so you dont think orlando and indiana are good teams?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : where is the ball movement for them to be productive? Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE] It doesn't take ball movement to get a rebound. If the ball is not moving, blame the Captain, by the way. Get a rebound inside and go up and you can get points and fouls!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : so you dont think orlando and indiana are good teams?
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]
    Well yes. Not better than the Knicks though, I think.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

first play rondo out, ball moved like 4 5 times

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : so you dont think orlando and indiana are good teams? Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE] Indiana was a good test and we passed it. Orlando are chumps who have lost 5 out of 7 games. There's a reason why Howard is complaining about his teammates.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Lets make a run!!

Sections
Shortcuts