My lovley bride said earlier  IF the Celts win

The Pats will win too.

She has been right in the past.

GO CELTS

Now win it all PATS!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks

Yeah, beat NY twice this weekend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks":
    We were just lucky tonight.  Posted by Fiercest34
    Celtics hustled, fought, played great D in 2nd half, and got great rebounds in 2nd half. That's not luck. We fought for that win! Come on man, give credit when it's due...especcially to Paul, Ray, and Bradley.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Celts 8-2 over the last 10 games.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks:
    U cant handle the TRUTH   Go Celtics  u guys made my friday nite.  Hope to see more of A Bradley and MOORE and less of Rondo  Love my Celtics
    Posted by RickFox17

EXACTLY.. DOC must get real and honest about rondo.. period! i would rather close out games with pp at the point with pietrus and bass out there with ray and garnett. if we need defense, rather have JO and still pietrus or avery bradley or even dooling over rondo.. rr should be playing 30 minutes a game.. period!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Rondo 0 points again in the 4th qtr.  Posted by Fiercest34
    Are you a Celtics fan? Celtics get a hard fought win where everyone contributes something in the comeback and your posts start with "we got lucky" and "Rondo has 0 pts in 4th qtr". Let's at least celebrate tonight before you start your daily "Trade Ray or Rondo" thread. Enjoy the team at least tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Well, hard-fought win!
    Posted by basketbert

that's what it was.  this team has character and feels it's no where close to where it wants to be

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

PP has to win the game TWICE. Refs cheat My lovley bride said earlier  IF the Celts win The Pats will win too. She has been right in the past. GO CELTS Now win it all PATS!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dbeach48

As a STL Rams fan, GO GIANTS!!!!  spygate, 'nuff said!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo 34 minutes... and a +/- of  -8.

AB 16 minutes...  and a +9

More AB and less Rondo.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Rondo 0 points again in the 4th qtr. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Pietrus was awesome. Look at all those rebounds he grabbed !!! All none of them..Ray outrebounded him by 5. I bet you don't make a thread about it.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : I agree.  The problem is we will not win many games like this. We need to get better.  Score tied 79-79, Rondo goes to the FT line for 2 FTs and he bricks them both! Ugh!  Time for a change.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Pierce missed a free throw that could have put us up by 3.  We won regardless.  Everyone could have played better, grabbed an extra rebound, made an extra shot, boxed out, etc.  We can put any one play under a micoscope and beat it like a drum!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : I agree.  The problem is we will not win many games like this. We need to get better.  Score tied 79-79, Rondo goes to the FT line for 2 FTs and he bricks them both! Ugh!  Time for a change. Posted by Fiercest34
    Agree Rondo's free throw shooting stinks. But the rest of his game will improve as he gets back in game shape. It was his first game. Doc just has to be smart about when to use Bradley and Moore. I'm giving up on Rondo's free throws. We're just going to have to live with his Achilles heel.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Rondo 34 minutes... and a +/- of  -8. AB 16 minutes...  and a +9 More AB and less Rondo. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

It was his first game back.  On the other hand that number does say something good about AB.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Rondo 1-4 from the FT line. It's year 6 so I don't think Rondo's FT shooting will still improve.
    Posted by Fiercest34
    rr's a total joke in the last 3 minutes. its a win-win for the defense. to me, i wont even guard him. just keep him in foul distance. if he drives, foul him.. guaranteed 1 out of 2 at best. if its a jumpsot beyond a floater range, its a break. at least avery knows his limits. dooling is the best option. either rrr playes 30-35 minutes and doesnt close or u play him off the bench. great mid-game change of pace point guard but he is a serious liability. we should have ray on opposing point guards in late game situations. or have kg at center with pp at pf with ray at the 2, pietrus at 3 with avery/dooling at the 1 or even freakin moore. we have 3 BETTER pg options than rr overall. no excuse about no other option. we can play bass at 4 to close, or bring back jo to close with kg staying at 4. no need for rr.. NONEEEEEE!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

At least we're talking playoffs again. Remember 1 month ago?
    But I agree, Rondo's FTs will not improve.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : That achilles heel will bite us, big time, in the playoffs. Teams will just intentionally foul Rondo.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Every player has issues.  We've lived with it before and won.  We'll survive it and if Danny and Doc thought it was the gap keeping us from winning, they'd trade him.  But, they can't get another point guard who's better (DWill, Rose, CP3, and Westbrook are not available) so we have what we have.  His strengths will just have to overcome his weaknesses.   No sense in spending too much time lamenting about what he doesn't do.  I'd rather pull for him to do more of what he does well.

Sections
Shortcuts