Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks

Dang, if Doc had only played Bill Walker when he was here.He`s a superstar for the Knicks---LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks:
    In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : Pietrus was awesome. Look at all those rebounds he grabbed !!! All none of them..Ray outrebounded him by 5. I bet you don't make a thread about it.
    Posted by tompenny

Correct.And Rondo should have been lights out after missing 8 games.A lot of these posters are more interested in rooting AGAINST particular players than they are in rooting FOR the Celtics.Whimpering after an exciting win is a sign of mental illness.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : Exciting win? We beat a team with a 8-15 record. Ugh! You excited about Rondo going 1-4 from the FT line?
    Posted by Fiercest34

I agree - didn't see the game, but my expectations were a lot higher!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

Rondo should never roam around and try to make a steal. It was bad enough in the 2010 finals please tell rondo to stick his a s s to his man and just D up. Pierce and Ray carried us but I like the C's better without rondo and ray! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : Huh ... You listening on a radio?
    Posted by Mployee8

Nope- live in CA, kids have TV- I watch what I can on computer, but the home games start at 4:30, so it's very tough!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : Ok ... but if you didn't see it then how were your expectations not met ... the score, expecting a blowout by the C's?
    Posted by Mployee8

Yes, I expected us to beat the Knicks handily tonight, and it didn't happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : Yeah, but it's starting to be a pattern, this is not the first game that Rondo went scoreless in the 4th qtr.  The Knicks have a 8-15 record this season. We barely beat them. The Celts have a problem. When the jump shots are not falling for the Celts, we have no other option, we need low post scoring.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Yeah, but his hustle got us an extra position(even though the call was bad.) a 3-pointer by ray which he assisted and a tech on mike D Angry about a bad call that doesnt happen without Rondo's hustle.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : Exciting win? We beat a team with a 8-15 record. Ugh! You excited about Rondo going 1-4 from the FT line?
    Posted by Fiercest34

Knicks almost beat the bulls last night. They are a lot better than their record.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

This is a very good Celtics team. Rondo is slowing us down. The Knicks were leading by 10 points in the 3rd qtr. when Bradley came in. By the end of the 3rd qtr. the Knick lead was down to 3.

I notiched the same phenomenon. Rondo mans the point, Knicks run up a lead. Bradley substitutes for Rondo, Celtics close the deficit. Rondo returns to the game, Knicks rebuild a lead. Bradley relieves Rondo, Celtics take the lead. Rondo comes back in, lead dissipates.
    Statistically, Rondo seems like he should be the better player than Bradley. Watching them play as individuals, Rondo enjoys a significant overall advantage in raw talent, or at least in flashiness masquerading as talent. Yet it seems like the Celtics play better as a team with Bradley, or even Moore at point guard. Maybe it's time to start closing out games with Bradley instead of Rondo. Give Rondo the first and third quarters, and Bradley the second and fourth quarters. Rondo usually starts out aggressively on offense, penetrates to the basket, notches a lot of fast break layups, then eases up later. Take advantage of his fast starts and then hand the proverbial reins over to Bradley, the shutdown defender who takes care of the ball and understands his limitations.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Yes, Petey, Ray's passes always scare me.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Mmh, maybe you are scared easily. Ray with just 1 TO tonight. Fewest of all startes. And less than 2 per game for the year. Actually Ray has almost 1 TO per game less this year (and for the career) than Pierce.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

Rondo Bashing is going to show up on a local edition of the DSMV-V.

Seriously fellas.  It's his first game back and he was playing great before the injury.  Give him him a couple of days.  He got whacked in the eye last night and he's rusty.

Man.  You guys need a life.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : Mmh, maybe you are scared easily. Ray with just 1 TO tonight. Fewest of all startes. And less than 2 per game for the year. Actually Ray has almost 1 TO per game less this year (and for the career) than Pierce.
    Posted by Gasthoerer

Most Posters here say I have my head in the sand and I ignore the facts because Ray is the cause of our poor play and he should be traded.  I am a Ray fan and believe he is a major part of why we win.  I think he gets little credit for his rebounding (which is NOT bad for a shooting guard) and his assists.  He sees where to pass the ball and goes for it.  I love Ray and on this Board, likely one of his bigger fans.

That said, i'm also objective.  He's not a good defender and his passes are weak.  When he's more careful, he can get assists, but that pass last night where Wilcox was ahead on the break and instead of a lob or a bounce pass, he threw a bullet through 3 defenders was "stupid".   It was easily deflected.  That's the play I was referring to.

In general, though, I'm with you - Ray is a better assist guy and rebounder than he gets credit for.  Never convince many folks on this board of that, however.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Kind of scary to watch, but they hung in there and pulled it out.
    Watching the C's will sometimes give you the "runs".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : Pietrus was awesome. Look at all those rebounds he grabbed !!! All none of them..Ray outrebounded him by 5. I bet you don't make a thread about it.
    Posted by tompenny

+1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Knicks : Again, when Rondo is out there missing FTs and not being able to score in the 4th qtr., it hurts us. Sure we can beat the Knicks, but can we beat the Bulls and the Heat playing 4 vs. 5 basketball? This is a very good Celtics team. Rondo is slowing us down. The Knicks were leading by 10 points in the 3rd qtr. when Bradley came in. By the end of the 3rd qtr. the Knick lead was down to 3. We're not going to win in the playoffs with hustle alone. We need to score also.
    Posted by Fiercest34

First game back after an injury, sustained another injury, single game sample size, excellent first several games.

Plain and simple, this is illogical.

Your dislike for Rondo and your praise of Bradley are irrational.

Not debatable.  In fact, you're perseverance is downright troll like.

Welcome to IGNORE

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Rondo is shooting 58% from the FT line 1/3 into the season. How can the Celts win games if Rondo can't score outside of 15 feet?  Rondo was rusty? It was his first game back? Last night was not the first time that Rondo bricked FTs in the 4th qtr. and it was not the first time Rondo failed to score a single point in the 4th qtr. This is not bashing Rondo, this is speaking the truth.
    Posted by Fiercest34
    The Celtics window to win another championship with this group of players is closed shut. Danny needs to plan for the future and trade the big three and maybe deal Rondo as well. The good news is as bad as this current team is playing the Knicks remain the laughing stock in the East. They put together a group of selfish players that will never smell success. I feel for their head coach. Until ownership stepped in and traded for these selfish players they actually were headed in the right direction. That ship has sailed and now they may actually fire the coach who was against the trades management approved. Go figure.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts