Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers

Lakers would be stupid to trade Gasol for Rondo, Gasol for DWill maybe but not Rondo. The Spaniard came up big...again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers:
    [QUOTE]Doc, when Rondo goes into a stall, show him the bench.  He forgot to move on offense unless he would make the big play.  At the end he didn't get the ball to Paul, then, when he did he just stood at the free throw line like a spectator watching Paul look for a shot and/or some help.  He was open for 5 seconds before Rondo finally gave him the ball.  By then the Lakers had figured it out.  Duh. Celts were better, more fun to watch, & more consistent when he was on the bench with his wrist.  Too bad.
    Posted by devaney[/QUOTE]

I am with ya..painful to watch, just painful

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers are a decent pg away from being an elite team. No way would they trade Pau for Rondo.
    Posted by GinaM1977[/QUOTE]

Same can be said for the Celtics needing a decent low post player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers : JO was wide open under the basket and KG looked but took & missed the 18 footer ... C'mon!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

And your point is??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jallen1952-formelyJallen3531. Show jallen1952-formelyJallen3531's posts

Rondo is useless against the Lakers....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo invisible when it counts again  4 vs 5 Kg so soft its hard to beleive..
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

KG is not soft. Take a look at his body. He is 20 pounds lighter than other power forwards.  He has his strengths but youth and strength aren't his assets.  Tonight, his assets weren't on.   That doesn't make his soft.  Everytime he tries to power the ball down low he just gets pushed out.

I bet if YOU tried to post up a guy 20 or 30 pounds heavier than you - you'd lose on that battle as well.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The point is Garnett was a Kobelike 6-23 missing some of the easiest shots I have ever seen.  I am disgusted.  They should have won this game easily.

Rondo had not one free throws in the entire game. Can't someone talk to this guy and tell him how you win basketball games?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers : Are you mentally ill? Gasol had 25 points, 14 rebounds, and 2 blocks, what more could you ask for? Gasol is not a banger but he gets the job done!  I mean seriously, Jamez, Gasol can score from the outside and the inside, he can score in the low post. The point is he gets the job done! 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

im a big fan of Gasol actually, i like the things that he brings to a team. but bringing him to Boston does NOT bring us a ring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers : im a big fan of Gasol actually, i like the things that he brings to a team. but bringing him to Boston does NOT bring us a ring.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]
    We need a point guard to go with Gasol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Well KG bet on the game LOL. I really can't recall him ever taking that many shots and bricking that many shots. He was epically bad offensively. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers : Ahem....  KG had 36 minutes tonite. Regarding a lot of things Doc says: I'll believe it when I see it.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

This was like a playoff game....they should have played a lot of minutes to get the win.  They just didn't pull it off.  I have no problem with a lot of minutes once in a while.  If he does it all the time, its a problem but for the season, KG is averaging 30 mins/game.  That's not an issue.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers : And your point is??
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

What you said ... they don't pass the ball to him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Everybody has bad shooting nights.  But, there's no execution for poor execution at the end of a game and PP didn't execute by just holding the ball too long.

Doc made a big mistake as well.  Jallen1952 is right - Rondo useless against the Lakers.  Better to have had Ray, Paul, and Pietrus in at the same time.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

they didn't seem to care enough tonight.  like they were happy to have a wire to wire game with a historical rival.  Even the fans seemed to settle for it, like it's the best we can hope for with this team whose championship days are behind them.

I'm not alright with that.  They need to talk Rasheed Wallace into signing with the Celts tomorrow for the stretch run.  If he's in shape which some reports say he is, he can play a huge role 20 to 25 minutes a night at the center spot.  They just need one big who can play with the best of them for one more run.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers : This was like a playoff game....they should have played a lot of minutes to get the win.  They just didn't pull it off.  I have no problem with a lot of minutes once in a while.  If he does it all the time, its a problem but for the season, KG is averaging 30 mins/game.  That's not an issue.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    KG missed shots that were stunningly easy tonight.  I still can't get over it. I have never seen such poised shooter be so bad.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

and Heinsohn is right ... advantage Rondo over Kobe but we didn't take advantage ... Rondo could've beaten him all night to the rim in iso.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers : This was like a playoff game....they should have played a lot of minutes to get the win.  They just didn't pull it off.  I have no problem with a lot of minutes once in a while.  If he does it all the time, its a problem but for the season, KG is averaging 30 mins/game.  That's not an issue.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Cfan4life;
    You might be right but...
    As we do seem to be headed for the playoffs, I would much rather see KG,PP,RA rested.  the bench educated as to crunchtime, and us in a 6,7, or 8th seed, then tired Big 3 legs, a clueless, clutchless, bench, and us in a 4,5, or 6th seed.
    It's meaningless because Doc's gonna be Doc, and I know how he likes to win everygame.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers : What you said ... they don't pass the ball to him.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Right...he is their 5th option offensively and Fierce expects him to be a scorer..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Kobe playing center field clogs the middle. At least Bradley knows enough o get to the weakside corner, ie, out of the way so the Kobster can't play center field all game

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.