Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers":
    A jump shooting team will never go far in the playoffs. The Lakers just shot 39.6% from the field. But when they miss they get offensive rebounds and end up scoring on the 2nd or 3rd try.  Posted by Fiercest34
    2 more celtics points, and the lakers fans are complaining about their PG play the way we are complaining about our big men

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers:
    In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers : I don't expect JO to be a scorer, 6-8 points per game and 7-8 rebounds per game. That's all! Chris Kaman would give us 10 ppg and 8 rpg.  Please, we're not going to win in the playoffs if JO only averages 2 pts and 5 boards per game. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Really, they won with Perkins scoring little or nothing... to me its more rondo who needs to score... I know they won with him in 08  too but I honestly think he has regressed offensively since then

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers : KG is not soft. Take a look at his body. He is 20 pounds lighter than other power forwards.  He has his strengths but youth and strength aren't his assets.  Tonight, his assets weren't on.   That doesn't make his soft.  Everytime he tries to power the ball down low he just gets pushed out. I bet if YOU tried to post up a guy 20 or 30 pounds heavier than you - you'd lose on that battle as well.  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

C'mon, are you really gonna tell me with a straight face that KG isnt soft???

How many layups/dunks does he not even come close to making cause he gets pushed arounf underneath or tries a clumsey reverse layup instead of trying to duck it??

Gasol dominated KG on the boards as well...

I dont care KG missed so many shots..some were not good looks but basically...KG usually takes good shots, if hes missing, so be it.

Bottom line, KG is the personnification of a 7 footer that cant power anything around the basket... and cant musce out and box out on the boards...about as soft as you get

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers : C'mon, are you really gonna tell me with a straight face that KG isnt soft??? How many layups/dunks does he not even come close to making cause he gets pushed arounf underneath or tries a clumsey reverse layup instead of trying to duck it?? Gasol dominated KG on the boards as well... I dont care KG missed so many shots..some were not good looks but basically...KG usually takes good shots, if hes missing, so be it. Bottom line, KG is the personnification of a 7 footer that cant power anything around the basket... and cant musce out and box out on the boards...about as soft as you get
    Posted by Karllost

Agreed, KG is aggressively active defensively but soft around the basket....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers : Perkins gave us 6.9 ppg and 6.1 rpg in 2008. Then we got PJ Brown. We are better off with Pau Gasol or Chris Kaman than JO!
    Posted by Fiercest34

And JO is 5.4 ppg and 5.5 rpg... so 1.5 points and 1 rebound a game difference will take the Cs to the top??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers : C'mon, are you really gonna tell me with a straight face that KG isnt soft??? How many layups/dunks does he not even come close to making cause he gets pushed arounf underneath or tries a clumsey reverse layup instead of trying to duck it?? Gasol dominated KG on the boards as well... I dont care KG missed so many shots..some were not good looks but basically...KG usually takes good shots, if hes missing, so be it. Bottom line, KG is the personnification of a 7 footer that cant power anything around the basket... and cant musce out and box out on the boards...about as soft as you get
    Posted by Karllost

No, KG is not soft. If soft is the fact that he can't post up and back someone down, then he's soft.  But he scores around the basket, but not via post ups.  He had dunks and tip ins.  He's fighting for rebounds around the basket.  But, he's not going to body someone out.  Period.  He is not strong enough.  You can be 6'11" and weigh 230 lbs soaking wet or you can be 6'5" and weigh 260lbs.   You know which one KG is and he's not going to be able to post up.  Gasol did NOT post anyone up tonight.  He had a better shooting night from the outside and he got more offensive rebounds.   It was Bynum who was posted up down low.

Is Kobe soft?  Is Pierce soft?  Neither or them gets the same amount of baskets underneath as they used to.  Michale Jordan shot fade away jumpers when he got older instead of dunking over people.   Dunking is for the young guys.  It dosn't mean you're soft when you stop being able to overpower people underneath.....it means you're old!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers : Rondo will not score because he's not a big time player. He disappears in the 4th qtr. Just like tonight.  And he's a bad FT shooter, so how can he score?
    Posted by Fiercest34

Im agreeing with you but that doesnt mean we dont need more from him.... he can get to the hoop but he chooses to be passive... i blame that on Doc allowing him to play that way.... look what that dude Lin does for the knicks...he cant shoot from the outside but he uses his speed to go to the hoop with great results... you dont think Rondo has that in him?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Posted by Karllost

Its amazing how you show up for one game and start criticizing and when he has a great game - you are quiet.  So, he was soft this game and what - strong last game?   No one changes in one game.  He had a bad game and was overpowered by the one strength the Lakers have - SIZE.

Blame that on Danny for giving away all of our power big men, not on the guy who was NEVER our big power guy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers : Im agreeing with you but that doesnt mean we dont need more from him.... he can get to the hoop but he chooses to be passive... i blame that on Doc allowing him to play that way.... look what that dude Lin does for the knicks...he cant shoot from the outside but he uses his speed to go to the hoop with great results... you dont think Rondo has that in him?
    Posted by CASox

Yes, CaSox.  Doc should have made Rondo play aggressive with a pick and roll or he should have had Pietrus in to lay with Ray and Paul.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

KG and JO need to learn the art of boxing out....what a waste!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

This game showed what should expect in the playoffs.  This regular season is strange.  Teams will win and lose because of schedule and other reasons.  You play your bench deep and be successful.  But in the playofss, your best payers need to play sizable minutes.  The Celtics died in the end.  The intensity and the minutes added up and the shots stopped falling.  The bench was not the answer because the bench was not able to produce at a competitive level.

Also, I saw JO compete.  He has a role on this team and frankly, I thought that he was better than what Perk would have been in the same situation.

The Celts have not been able to find that added quality player that they need.  While the bench has improved from last year, they still need to improve the quality of one more player to be able to compete.  I see that Rondo is the favorite scapegoat.  But he is what he is.  Other have dropped off a little bit.

Barring a trade, in my mind, the only option is to play JJJ over Bass.  But I don't know when that will start happening.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers : Its amazing how you show up for one game and start criticizing and when he has a great game - you are quiet.  So, he was soft this game and what - strong last game?   No one changes in one game.  He had a bad game and was overpowered by the one strength the Lakers have - SIZE. Blame that on Danny for giving away all of our power big men, not on the guy who was NEVER our big power guy.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Ridiculous!

Ive been in KGs corner from day one but Ive also noticed and posted how hes become increasingly soft..Tip ins and wide open dunks are not the measure...

In traffic, KG plays completely out of control and gets pushed around like a school girl. Thats just the facts... maybe you need to ignore the facts so you can be right.

KG is not what he was in Minn..where he used his jumping ability to finish and grab boards... he doesnt box out well at all and if you noticed, Gasol has inside position on KG most of the night.

Also, how many seven footers you know attempt duck under reverse layups, fall away 2 footers or just plain throw the ball clumsily at the rim 90% of the time when in traffic?

I love the guy and rarely criticize him cause I know its not from lack of effort or mental breakdowns on his part... he just cant do it. Youre usually on the money with your posts but I have no idea where you come up with your line of thinking on this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

KG is definitely soft under the basket and it's long been known that his bark is a lot worse than his bite. As for JO.....ugh.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers":
    In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Lakers : Ridiculous! Ive been in KGs corner from day one but Ive also noticed and posted how hes become increasingly soft..Tip ins and wide open dunks are not the measure... In traffic, KG plays completely out of control and gets pushed around like a school girl. Thats just the facts... maybe you need to ignore the facts so you can be right. KG is not what he was in Minn..where he used his jumping ability to finish and grab boards... he doesnt box out well at all and if you noticed, Gasol has inside position on KG most of the night. Also, how many seven footers you know attempt duck under reverse layups, fall away 2 footers or just plain throw the ball clumsily at the rim 90% of the time when in traffic? I love the guy and rarely criticize him cause I know its not from lack of effort or mental breakdowns on his part... he just cant do it. Youre usually on the money with your posts but I have no idea where you come up with your line of thinking on this. Posted by Karllost
    What's that? He's not he player he was in Minny? Really? No sh-- Sherlock. He is not even the player he was before the knee surgery. He can no longer jump as high nor run as fast and certainly isn't strong enough to overpower anyone. He knows that. He gets his shot blocked enough to know that. That's why the reverse layups or fall always. Does that make you soft that you get older and have to change your game? I repeat, Kobe shoots fall always, Pierce shoots fall always, Jordan shot them, Duncan is now shooting fall away hook shots. That's what ALL older and smarter players learn to do. KG is not soft....he's old and when you get old, you don't overpower or jump over young guys. You adapt your game or retire! Do you play ball! If you do and you're over 35, you enter stand. If you're still 25' you're going to experience it one day, too.

Sections
Shortcuts