Game Thread: Celtics versus Mavericks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Game Thread: Celtics versus Mavericks

Tonight, the Celtics show why they are STILL a dangerous opponent!

The Celtics will win tonight.

Dirk got "knee'd" by Amare yesterday and he's not 100%.  I think Wilcox is going to have a great game and his quickness and length is going to bother Dirk.  I also believe that JJJ will bounce back and make things tough for Dirk.

JON will win the center battle and AB will disrupt their offense.  RA will come out of his slump as Vince Carter struggles to keep up with him and PP will score at least 25.

With all that said, we'll win it on the boards by outrebounding the Mavericks.

Go Celtics.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Mavericks

In Response to Game Thread: Celtics versus Mavericks:
    Tonight, the Celtics show why they are STILL a dangerous opponent! The Celtics will win tonight. Dirk got "knee'd" by Amare yesterday and he's not 100%.  I think Wilcox is going to have a great game and his quickness and length is going to bother Dirk.  I also believe that JJJ will bounce back and make things tough for Dirk. JON will win the center battle and AB will disrupt their offense.  RA will come out of his slump as Vince Carter struggles to keep up with him and PP will score at least 25. With all that said, we'll win it on the boards by outrebounding the Mavericks. Go Celtics.....
    Posted by Petey62

i love the celtics..i wish i could agree with you.but i just can't see that happenning...we are playing the mavs...look what the pistons did to us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Anyone have a link?  Mine hasn't worked for a few games!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Tough opponent. I am one of those that thinks that Dallas has as much talent as last  year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Dallas has found their mojo of late and is playing better.  We, on the other hand, have lost our mojo and to add that, we're missing Rondo, KG, and Bass on the roadh when we're not playing well.  That's a lot of points and rebounds and defense to replace.

I am hopeful for a Celtics win every night, but I realistically think we're going to get killed tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Mavericks:
    Dallas has found their mojo of late and is playing better.  We, on the other hand, have lost our mojo and to add that, we're missing Rondo, KG, and Bass on the roadh when we're not playing well.  That's a lot of points and rebounds and defense to replace. I am hopeful for a Celtics win every night, but I realistically think we're going to get killed tonight.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

maybe we will see young guys running and playing loose with nothing to loose

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Tough opponent. I am one of those that thinks that Dallas has as much talent as last  year.
    Posted by cabutan

I agree with you.  Dallas has been winning most of their games lately and are one of the better teams in the Western Conference.  It would be great to see the Celtics win tonight, but I don't expect it.  If everyone has a great game and the bench especially steps up then it is possible for the Celtics to win. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Good night to remove some of the splinters that have been acquired lately. Let's see what we've got. Let 'em all play!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rasdidy. Show rasdidy's posts

Cetics fan over 30 yrs trust me another loss

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

I'm hoping Bradley and JJ can start showing that they may be players Doc would want to have around in the future. Tonight would be a good time to show what they are capable of!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Good night to remove some of the splinters that have been acquired lately. Let's see what we've got. Let 'em all play!
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I'm hoping Bradley and JJ can start showing that they may be players Doc would want to have around in the future. Tonight would be a good time to show what they are capable of!!
    Posted by KyCelt2

The entire bench should get a good amount of playing time tonight. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Posted by KyCelt2

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

This team's full of surprises, that's for sure.
    And at the present, holes too.
    Hope we get a win tonite.
    Stranger things have happened.

GO CELTICS!!!

And gimme a shot of whatever you're drinking tonite, Petey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Mavericks : maybe we will see young guys running and playing loose with nothing to loose
    Posted by cabutan

I hope so.  We need SOMETHING.....anything because if we don't show up as a team, its another slaughter.  We'll see what Doc has up his sleeve tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

petey, not only do u look like barkley, now u sound like him.."we are going to win?" not even doc believes that. like JO though. that should entice the lakes to do the gasol for pierce deal. this team is slow. love bradley, taking and looking for his shot. looks better than rondo doing so. jo had FIVE blocks versus detroit.. wow! no kg or rr, u think we'll win? LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

He grabbed his shirt as he flew by......  We don't have the most intelligent players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

KNEW THERE WAS A CATCH.. Rondo: i'll be there for my teammates and not go home.. turns out he's going for the dree ride and the birthday celebration

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Avery Bradley has zero basketball instincts. He does not anticipate basic things. It's almost like he just got introduced to the game

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

wow, whats gotten into jermaine MUTOMBO? i'll be glad if we dont get BLOWED OUT!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

petey, not only do u look like barkley, now u sound like him.."we are going to win?" not even doc believes that. like JO though. that should entice the lakes to do the gasol for pierce deal. this team is slow. love bradley, taking and looking for his shot. looks better than rondo doing so. jo had FIVE blocks versus detroit.. wow! no kg or rr, u think we'll win? LOL
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER

To say the Celtics will win "sounds like Barkley"....  See, that is cold.  I'm not that out of my mind.  I just feel like we have nothing to lose.  Dallas is going to take us lightly so I'm thinking we can steal one.

I like the lineup with AB.  Now if he could hit his layups like he's hitting his perimeter shots we'd be okay.

If PP and RA could get going, we have a chance.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

SERIOUSLY, Y IS WILCOX STARTING over jj? we need to evaluate the kids! same reason u start avery over dooling!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

I know I am in the minority on this, but I really like JO. I don't think he is starter material, but he is effective. If the C's could get a big and an athletic scorer without giving him up, they Could be interesting going forward.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Avery Bradley has zero basketball instincts. He does not anticipate basic things. It's almost like he just got introduced to the game
    Posted by Accension13

i disagree. He is playing steady and consistent. I like his energy in the floor way more than Rondo...plus his got the outside shot...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

i am so happy to not see ball pounding..

Sections
Shortcuts