Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons

It is going to take a monster TEAM EFFORT by the Celtics tonight to beat Detroit.  Although the reports says "personal matters", I expected KG would be out tonight anyway the way he was grimacing during the Bulls game.  I hope I'm wrong but I would not be surprised if KG took this week off until after next Sunday's All Star break.  We've come to expect the annual week or two week time off by KG each season and this will be no different.

If we can get solid performances by Ray, Pierce and Wilcox, I think we can win.  I expect Rondo will have a solid game.  We will have to score the basketball.

Let's go Celtics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons

Have you guys looked at who we play and how many road games we have coming up, if we lose todays game we could easily lose 14 of our next 18 games!!  We may not even have to try to lose to be in the lottery!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

There's still life in Jermaine!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons:
    [QUOTE] Have you guys looked at who we play and how many road games we have coming up, if we lose todays game we could easily lose 14 of our next 18 games!!  We may not even have to try to lose to be in the lottery!!
    Posted by KyCelt2[/QUOTE]

I will remain optimstic, but the Celtics do indeed have a difficult schedule and many away games for the remainder of the season.  It really depends on how well they play, if anyone else is injured and also if Danny does make any trades.  I really wouldn't be surprised if Danny doesn't trade anyone, but I suppose anything is possible.  Considering the trades that were made last season, I wouldn't be surprised by anything that happens. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Our offense looks like garbage.  If Pietrus isn't hitting his 3-pointers, he's useless.  We are not making crisp passes.  We're so out of sorts.

It's like if our starting unit isn't in the game, we have no flow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

These guys are attacking the rim AT WILL.....

9:01 remaining and they are in the penalty already.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Tank job. There is no rational reason to have started the 2nd quarter with Dooling, Steimsma, Jajuan Johnson, Avery Bradley and Pietrus. That is an utterly laughable lineup. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I see another Loss coming... Cry

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Tank job. There is no rational reason to have started the 2nd quarter with Dooling, Steimsma, Jajuan Johnson, Avery Bradley and Pietrus. That is an utterly laughable lineup. 
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

I posted this on another thread.  I believe that some teams in many sports do intentionally lose games especially when they are struggling in order to get a higher draft pick,  but I don't think the Celtics would do this.  They will struggle in many situations but the Celtics will give 100% effort every game they play. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

That screwed up pick and roll between Rondo and Wilcox showed what's wrong with Rondo offensively, because he never thinks shoot, the defense doesn't need to fully switch to him, so when Wilcox, in this case rolls to the basket he's not open and Rondo has to bounce it off his shin (uncatchable) to get it too him.  On defense two plays previously Rondo just completely Oled his man, absolutely no committment to defense. Rondo is hot and cold...why I am picking on Rondo: 1) he wants to be the team leader, that's not leadership: 2) that's not professional either....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

That's the worst of all, we're not even lottery bound!
    We're in a dark, empty place Susan... Cry

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]That's the worst of all, we're not even lottery bound! We're in a dark, empty place Susan...
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]

we could be lottery bound..if we keep this up..we are not that good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons : I posted this on another thread.  I believe that some teams in many sports do intentionally lose games especially when they are struggling in order to get a higher draft pick,  but I don't think the Celtics would do this.  They will struggle in many situations but the Celtics will give 100% effort every game they play
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
    susan250, I have to disagree with you on this one.  To me, giving 100% is not just when you have the ball in your hands.  Giving 100% is fighting and showing effort to rebound the ball and fight through screens.  We ARE NOT giving 100% in those areas.

The Pistons are getting to the rim with dribble penetration AT WILL.  We are not giving 100% at the point of attack.  When I see Rondo let Knight easily get past him as Rondo literally grabs Knight's arm as he goes by.  And let's not discuss rebounding.  We are NOT giving 100% effort and you can see that by the few Celtics players going after the ball when it is shot.

We have guys that are "standing" on the floor instead of going after the ball.  We are lethargic on both ends of the court and I just don't see the effort.  Maybe at halftime, Doc will light a fire under these guys.

If we're going to lose, let's lose fighting.  Right now, this is way too easy for Detroit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]That screwed up pick and roll between Rondo and Wilcox showed what's wrong with Rondo offensively, because he never thinks shoot, the defense doesn't need to fully switch to him, so when Wilcox, in this case rolls to the basket he's not open and Rondo has to bounce it off his shin (uncatchable) to get it too him.  On defense two plays previously Rondo just completely Oled his man, absolutely no committment to defense. Rondo is hot and cold...why I am picking on Rondo: 1) he wants to be the team leader, that's not leadership: 2) that's not professional either....
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

???? Never thinks shoot?

4 days ago R9R had shot the ball something like 13 times against these same Pistons... before intermission, 27 for the entire game. 15 for 27 for the game.

Not today though... apparently.

Give Mr. Ripley a call!

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons : ???? Never thinks shoot ? 4 days ago R9R had shot the ball something like 13 times against these same Pistons... before intermission, 27 for the entire game. 15 for 27 for the game. Not today though... apparently. Give Mr. Ripley a call! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I meant outisde shot; he was open at the elbow and Wilcox was covered; he should have shot...he doesn't think shoot (from outside)...you know this, which is why the layoff defense (done expertly by Kobe) is so effective on him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons : I meant outisde shot; he was open at the elbow and Wilcox was covered; he should have shot...he doesn't think shoot (from outside)...you know this, which is why the layoff defense (done expertly by Kobe) is so effective on him.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

9 of those 27 were outside the paint... 4 days ago.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons : ???? Never thinks shoot ? 4 days ago R9R had shot the ball something like 13 times against these same Pistons... before intermission, 27 for the entire game. 15 for 27 for the game. Not today though... apparently. Give Mr. Ripley a call! Pud

Is he talented?
    Our team is blowing hot and cold, as exemplified by our leader Rajon Rondo.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

and RR haters said he shot too much and took others out of the game

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Puddin or whatever, he shot first 3 out 300 games or so...c'mon, he never shoots first...don't take a one game sample, it only makes you (dudderpudder) look like a guy who just wants to argue for argument sake...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Fierce do you still believe with the addition of Gasol we'll be at Miami's level?
    There are back to backs in the first round of the PO's! Surprised

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Rondo ejected baby!!! Yell

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think the answer is no real changes are coming and the season is over as well as the era.  Doc wants to let his men go down with the ship they built. Next year we will start over for real.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I didn't care before, but trade him NOW!!  He is an embarassment to the organization..............I really don't  care who we get for the little primadonna.........you don't throw the ball at the ref........Danny, trade him now!!